.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 6th, 2018, 04:40 AM

Corporal

chris h is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign error loading

I get to the fifth scenario of campaign 19 (Gateway to Asia) when this message pops up on loading a save.

Error laoding campaign/ucamp057.dat {enter]!
Old June 6th, 2018, 07:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,686 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Campaign error loading

I will test my copy to see if the same thing happens but I suspect you have a corrupted dat file from your last save

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 6th, 2018, 07:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I tested the entire campaign ( we have ways to test campaign progression that do not require playing out every battle ) and it ran perfectly though all 9 battles

Somehow your save game DAT file was corrupted...if you have a copy of an earlier save you can use that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image5.png
Views:	485
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	15411  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 18th, 2018, 01:11 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road

FYI, I'm getting the same error with what the campaign editor says is the 6th round of the Gateway To Asia campaign, "Securing the Heights A". I can deploy with no problems, then start the first turn with no problems. Save at the end of the first turn with no problems, continue with round 2 with no problems, continue on this way. At any point if I try to reload a previously saved turn, I get the same error as the original poster.

Also, if I save and exit the deployment phase, then try to reload my saved deployment game, I get the same error. And my campaign folder only has up to a ucamp19.dat file.

I'm not noticing anything like this with my long campaigns, which are the only other campaigns I'm playing at the moment.

I do have a saved copy of my last turn from the previous round of this campaign, if you wanted to try and walk through and duplicate the problem. I've attached them in case you are that bored ;^) I may now try to play through this round in one sitting to see if I can move past the problem.

Steves308
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gateway to Asia last turn, round 5..zip (172.6 KB, 215 views)
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK...... we'll take a look at this. I started your save, ended the turn... that scenario ended and I went through the campaign upgrade screens, then deployed for the next scenario and pushed units around for 4 turns then saved and when I tried to load the save I got........

I **think** gateway was originally built in slot 57 but I set it up to fit into the next available slot on the campaign list ( 19 ) so it's still looking for it's data at it's original home not the current one and this rings a bell as to why but I need time to investigate and I'm hip deep in other projects ATM but will look into this when I can
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gateway error.png
Views:	415
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	15419  

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old June 18th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Corporal

Thanks for looking, as so far it's been a fun campaign. And the error you are seeing is the same one I see.

But no rush, it's summer time ;^)
Old June 18th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I have rebuilt the campaign doing a full conversion using CampaignHack to change it from slot 57 to 19 then went through the exact same steps as I detailed above USING YOUR SAVE GAME but with new saves again at turn 4 of the next scenario and it loaded right up so the version that went out with the patch appears to have been faulty but I need to test some more before declaring this "fixed" but I do apologize to Chis_H..... I saw the message he posted....Error loading campaign/ucamp057.dat {enter]!......but that "57" part didn't register until I saw it on my screen.......the campaign is still looking for it's info from slot 57.......IDK why but I converted it ages ago and don't recall the steps I took but it appears to be fixed now but I want to try some more saves mid game before I start celebrating

Old June 18th, 2018, 03:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

In the spirit of "more eyes on this the better" this is a rebuilt copy of Gateway to slot 19 that .......so far...... for me has loaded up every save I have made of it using that posted save game as a basis so you should be able to pick up from that spot and HOPEFULLY the next save you make will load for you and not give those error messages.

Let me know how this works out for you

Don
Attached Files
File Type: zip SPC rebuilt Gateway Campaign 19.zip (913.9 KB, 217 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old June 18th, 2018, 05:23 PM

Corporal

The change did not work for the deployment phase saved game I already had, got the same error. But it did work by using the last round saved game and moving forward to the problem scenario. Guess something small needed to be overwritten within the saved game.

Either way, redeploying was no big deal, and it works correctly now. Thanks for the quick turn around damn good too

Steves308
The Following User Says Thank You to Steves308 For This Useful Post:
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

That save that failed may already have had the path to 57 already locked in.

We'll see if any more reports come in from fresh starts of the campaign and I am now going to transfer this to thread to the campaigns folder

Don

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: