Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old February 23rd, 2016, 07:24 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Usa 1980-2020 Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
I still keep thinking I want to do something from a book I once read.
Basically aliens with 2016 tech invade Earth in 1943.
You mean the Race from Harry Turtledove's WORLD WAR series?

I have a soft spot for that book series; even if it is kind of drecky, because it was one of my first introductions to a comprehensive epic book series.

I've actually thought about designing a mod to do this; and it would have to be a mod set in 1944-45 using the WinSPMBT engine to allow for the various weapons the Race uses; and using bits and pieces of late WW2 kit floating around in the Post WW2 OOBs.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:34 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSheppard View Post
Quote:
Sounds right, been a few years since I read it.
But the idea is very interesting and should be fairly easy to do with WinSPMBT. Just make a custom OOB in one of the R&D slots (so you don't have to over-ride the default OOBs) and create a campaign.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old February 26th, 2016, 11:44 PM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But the idea is very interesting and should be fairly easy to do with WinSPMBT. Just make a custom OOB in one of the R&D slots (so you don't have to over-ride the default OOBs) and create a campaign.
Please, please, PLEASE, do somethin' like this. I was hoping to do this myself, but I'm a lazy idiot who can't make my own units. I'd gladly play through a campaign of this type. Heck, make a 1960s campaign as well, maybe. I mean, the first four books covered the invasion, then he released three more that covered colonization and ((SPOILERS)) Nazi Germany vs The Race. My God that series was amazing.
Old February 27th, 2016, 03:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerduker123 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Please, please, PLEASE, do somethin' like this. I was hoping to do this myself, but I'm a lazy idiot who can't make my own units. I'd gladly play through a campaign of this type. Heck, make a 1960s campaign as well, maybe. I mean, the first four books covered the invasion, then he released three more that covered colonization and ((SPOILERS)) Nazi Germany vs The Race. My God that series was amazing.
Such kind of war actually happens a lot in Civilization games
especially with the lower difficulty levels. Or in higher difficulty levels, often you would catch the "barbarians" on the New World still wielding axes and horses while you surprise them with grenadiers & flintlock rifles. With a certain mod (I play Civ 4 BTS + Legends of Revolution mod) you can even deploy mech robots on these poor stone age warriors.
Old February 27th, 2016, 09:28 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerduker123 View Post
No need to create units or formations. Just cut 'n paste from the various SPWW2 and SPMBT national OOBs into one of the R&D ones, so you don't need to mess with or overlay the national OOBs.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 4th, 2016, 04:49 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

I found a very early version of this mod by accident while looking in my archives for some of Troopie's stuff.

The version attached to this post was from the old SPMBT Yahoo group from eons ago; and dated 11 OCT 2004 and it was intended for SPMBT Ver 3.01.
Attached Files
File Type: zip USA_12_Obat_V3.01.zip (133.1 KB, 419 views)
Old March 4th, 2016, 05:30 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Found another version in my files now that I knew what keywords to look for.

LINK

10~ MB ZIP, hosted temporarily on my website. File is dated to about March 2006 and was baselined to I think the first WinSPMBT.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 05:12 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Found another version in my files now that I knew what keywords to look for.

LINK

10~ MB ZIP, hosted temporarily on my website. File is dated to about March 2006 and was baselined to I think the first WinSPMBT.
Hey guys, sorry again. I have just been over-committed in real life and lost track of this again.

Unfortunately, I do not play this game any more. It just requires so much time to set up and actually play. I have enjoyed it more for the OOB and icon modding but, do not have extra time to do either anymore. (I have moved on to Combat Missons:Shock Force style games at Battlefront.com - you can mod and set up custom scenarios - just in modern modeling)

I have been dedicating a small amount of time to bring this up to the current version (now V10b). This always happens, I finally get a chance and desire to work on this and a new version comes out. LOL. I love it though, great game and there is never a disappointing addition.

It is funny that you found an old SPMBT version on that was before WinSPMBT. I forget how long this has been around and how far everything has come.

With that I am going to post all the WinSPMBT versions I can find. From the original USA ReMod to where I decided to make it from 1980 to 2020 (through version 2).

If you read the version notes you will see how much it has changed. (I suggest you unzip them to temp folders not to your current game install)

I starting to work on Version 3 and NOW I am having to adjust for WinSPMBT V10b. I have a lot of work to do to produce the same level of quality as the previous versions. (especially since now it goes to 2025 - New Mod name???)

If I can continue to dedicate the time I need, I may be able to get it out by the end of August or September. (hopefully I will not get pulled into too may rabbit holes doing my research and updating icons... lol.)

If you have any questions or problems hit me up. I will be checking in more regularly.

One last thing guys, especially if you are new... use these at your own risk. They are no longer compatible with the current version of WinSPMBT. Make a new install (I have at least 6 for playing and testing on my USB stick and my Win7 PC).

Thanks you for your interest and I am feeling renewed to complete this task.

Attached files:

USA ReMod V01.zip
USA ReMod V01.5.zip
USA 80-120 ReMod.zip
USA 80-120 ReMod V1.5.zip
USA 80-120 ReMod V2.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip USA Remod V01.zip (10.02 MB, 423 views)
File Type: zip USA Remod V01.5.zip (10.14 MB, 412 views)
File Type: zip USA 80-120 ReMOD.zip (3.17 MB, 405 views)
File Type: zip USA 80-120 ReMOD V1.5.zip (6.33 MB, 405 views)
Old July 22nd, 2016, 05:19 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road

Sorry it had problems with V2.

Here it is.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip USA 80-120 ReMOD V2.zip (14.57 MB, 432 views)