winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old January 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Exclamation WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Dear All,

Since we now have a mod section I thought I'd post up anything related to my ongoing mod project here.

As some of you may know I began a mod project to create a new German OOB filled with all the tech the Germans would have had from 1946 onwards. It started out as a response to a few forum members asking for an OOB that simulated a German victory at the end of the war or, at least a continuation.

Since then the mod has taken on other dimensions. So your typical "Fatherland" setting - complete with Swastikas etc - is no longer on the cards for the first release. As it is, I will make some adjustments to the mod upon its completion to allow for a continuation of the Nazi Germany OOB too for those who prefer that sort of thing. Shouldn't be too hard.

Those of you interested in all the late 40´s tech, German VTOL aircraft of the late 50s and early 60s, abandoned Bundeswehr projects etc will still find this mod to their liking as all of those goodies and a few more besides will be included in it.

Now, for some acknowledgements and an update on progress.

Firstly, I would like to thank the following forum members for their contributions to this project:

1. Oragus, thanks for the icons you made and for having inspired me to improve my own icons.
2. Pierre, thanks for your lovely icons. They too were an inspiration.
3. PlasmaCrab, thanks for your icon work for the mod and for your advice on OOB restructuring.
4. Cross, thanks for teaching me how to make soundfiles properly.
5. Troopie, thanks for your advice on the inner workings of the game, more specifically on morale and country specific dates.

Secondly, I would like to thank Andy and Don for their stirling work. Without them this mod would never have been possible. Thanks for making a game that is both fun to play and also very mod friendly.

As for progress:

Almost all of the turreted armoured units have been put into Shape files (18 at the moment). Infantry icons also completed. Aircraft, turretless vehicles and helicopters pending. OOB work set to begin soon. Will dig up my old files from 2008 and see what can be salvaged.

Am working on self propelled artillery for the Germans at the moment. Will then do some more work on aircraft - mostly transport - while editing the OOB. Am also collecting pics for LBMs.

Will, more than likely need help with the pick lists down the line as well as I am fairly sure I won't quite understand the existing tutorials. This will be the last job I plan to do before releasing the mod.

Many thanks,

Monty

- Update: 03.05.2012 -

Have finished most of the icon work on the self propelled arty.. Have coded in MBTs, SP Arty. and am working on SP Flak right now. Weapons coded in for both German OOBs. Looking forward to the infantry in July or August.

- Update: 07.10.2012 -

1) completed the first ORBAT - subject to further inspiration,
2) created a set of amphibious transports (2) for Imperial Mechanised Marines and,
3) begun work on the second - colonial and QRF -ORBAT.

- Update: 24.10-2012 -

1) re-worked both TPz. Fuchs 1 and 2 icons (there are now three variants in total: transport, anti-tank and mortar carrier),
2) created Wiesel 1 and 2 icons (Wiesel 1: 20mm and ATGM / Wiesel 2: APC),
3) and have begun collecting pictures for use as .lbm files.

-Update: 21.02.2013 -

Due to recent improvements in my over all style while re-doing my Leopard 1 series of icons I have lately been updating all my other tanks as well.

1) Completed work on Leopard 1 ("0-Serie" - 1A5)
2) Completed update of E-90 "Kaisertiger (A-F)
3) Completed update of E-50
4) Completed update of E-75
5) Have begun an update of E-100
6) Updated 1st German OOB with new Leopard models (0-Serie) and new E-90
7) Continuing work on 2nd German OOB (Colonial, Airmob. etc)

-Update: 29.12.2013 -

1) Icon work for both project OOBs (98 and 99) at present now all completed subject to one or two additions if need be
2) Progress on 2nd OOB past the armoured unit phase now at APCs etc
3) Leopard 1A5 icons now also complete and downloadable
A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

- Update: 19.07.2014 -

Work on the second "colonial/QRF" OOB is finally drawing to a close. I've completed all of the APCs (incl. two types of amphibious vehicle for the Marinetruppen and something for the Fallschirmjäger too), helicopters (transport and attack in various configurations), aircraft (VTOL and additional "Luft-46" goodies), rocket artillery and, last but not least, the usual mix of trucks, jeeps and other misc. suppt. vehicles. With any luck I'll be able to move onto the next phase - searching for and making .lbms and adding in sounds for weapons. Then it will be a simple case of adding in the .shp files full of icons and going through both OOBs one more time to make sure everything is where it should be.

Some icons - trucks and a couple of jeeps are still under development. At least one plane - listed below (Me. P. 1101/99) is also under development.

Infantry included in the second OOB:

Marinetruppen - A much bigger and better equipped Seebataillon (much like the Soviet naval troops in terms of scale)
Fallschirmjäger - also fulfill the role of airmobile infantry in my OOB
Schutztruppen - The backbone of the oversees colonial army
Kolonialpolizei - A police force for the colonies

Some of the special aircraft making an appearance in the second OOB:

Me. P. 1110
Me. P. 1101
Me. P. 1101/99
Me. XVJ 101 B
EWR VJ 101 B - E
MBB AVS
MBB A400
Do. 31

Last edited by RecruitMonty; July 18th, 2014 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: Update
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RecruitMonty For This Useful Post:
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM

Captain

Default Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

-Update-

Finished most of the .Shp work for now.

Am now coding in weapons into a new .obf file. When the weapons are done I will begin coding in the infantry, artillery, usw.. Then I will add the .shp files and start work on the armour. After that I will be working on formations. Then I will be beta testing and adding in anything that is still missing.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road

Are you going to do things like the Schmetterling and Rheintochter SAMS, the Lark SAM, the TA-183 and ME-1101 fighters, the AZON and RAZON glide bombs?

troopie
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Corporal

Richard_H is on a distinguished road

Troopie

As this mod has been so long in the making (no criticism, RecruitMonty, I know how long they can take, especially when you get upgrades in the interim!), I've started a 1946-49 version of my own, which will include a good deal of the projects that were being worked on/tested at the time - Schmetterling, Wasserfall, Ho 229, Ju 287, follow-ons to the earlier glide bombs etc etc. Could be a while yet: I've just finished converting my mod to V6 (yup, unit by unit), have 4 countries to go to make WW2 & MBT as fully compatible as possible, need to get the colonials that were never available because of date restrictions in somewhere (prolly Red), then Deutschland is probably next on my list - say a couple of months?

My starting point is different from Monty's, and hopefully rather simpler: the July 44 Stauffenberg plot succeeded. With no Hitler, Canaris comes out of retirement to lead a new government acceptable to the West, if not to the Soviets. There are elections confirming Canaris as head of state (which could also give rise to a nice little campaign between SS & government forces?), and the Western Allies accept the result. Accordingly, German industry is allowed to continue and develop . . . .

Richard H

PS That's the first time I've put these thoughts down, although they've been in my head for a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard_H For This Useful Post:
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM

Private

Agesilaos is on a distinguished road

I enjoy the what-if scenarious and orders of battle and have been waiting with anticipation for someone to complete a what-if World War Two beyond 1945. I can't wait for this one Richard. Thanks very much.
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:07 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Speaking of whaf if's..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000.png
Views:	714
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	11986  
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:37 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

If the last one is too a bit extreme,
How about this one..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerkampfwagen_E-100
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300px-E100_Model_1_72_scale_.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	11987  
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

The Ratte could almost occupy 2 hexes instead of one...
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM

Captain

Exclamation Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

I do believe someone made a Ratte icon at some point. I will not be including it in my mod though as it is, quite frankly, too big. As for the E-100, well, it will be making an appearance .

Now for an update.

As of the 07.10.2012 I have done the following:

1) completed the first ORBAT - subject to further inspiration,
2) created a set of amphibious transports (2) for Imperial Mechanised Marines and,
3) begun work on the second - colonial and QRF -ORBAT.

That is all I can report for the moment.
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:28 AM

Sergeant

oragus is on a distinguished road

Monty,

You are correct. I built an icon for the Ratte years ago. As far as the E-100, I have the hull I built for your Crocodile sitting here. I could whip up the turret and send it your way if you like?
The Following User Says Thank You to oragus For This Useful Post: