winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road
Disk Usa 1980-2020 Mod

WinSPMBT - OBAT 012_USA Moderation Version 2

This is a Mod that ONLY deals from 1980 to 2020 in the USA OOB. I have removed units and disabled formations that have a date before 1980. I feel that WinSPMBT could be split in 3 different time periods; late 40's to early 60's, early 60's to late 70's and the 1980's through 2000's.

This marked the time period as the beginning of the Modern USA military. The 1980's was the time when the US began to field new modern technology like the M1 Abrams, M2 and M3 Bradley, HMMWV's, Apache's, Blackhawks, A-10 Warthog, F-15 and 16's as well as infantry weapons like M-16A2, M249 SAW and javelin ATGM. All this and the belief that WWIII was set to happen in Europe.

I originally started this mod to improve on the way the Stryker units were being organized and a few formation changes that did not change the base OOB work in the game. As time went and my unit modifications started to out number the available unit openings I decided to create a mod in a time period I like the most.

Still many of the newest changes are since the beginning of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan to reflect the changes to the BCT structure and to the large variety of changes to vehicles from HMMWV's, Stryker's, MRAP's and some not yet operational (furture possible) vehicles. (more details with the release)

This is a personal modification for WinSPMBT. Do not try this with older versions (earlier than 7.0) and if you install these files and try a saved game or scenarios it may cause WinSPMBT to crash.

IMPORTANT : This is a complete mod not just an OOB modification. I have changed and added new unit pictures and Icons. If you try to use just the OOB, WinSPMBT will possibly crash and defiantly not work well. Also, I have not made an Picklist for this mod so DO NOT expect the AI to use these modifications. You can make a scenario and play against it but not a quick battle.

There will be 2 install options, a compressed file that can extract the files into the proper folder structure or individual files and an executable file that will prompt you where to install. Use what you want of this mod or plug in the whole thing. I did not replace any pictures or icons already in WinSPMBT but, this mod will not work without these new files.

My files may change your own personal modifications. I tried not to overwrite original files but, they could overwrite some of your personal mod files. SOOO…

Before using these files PLEASE BACKUP your original game or modification files.

This mod will include:

1 obf file (Obat12.obf)

At least 12 SHP files - (That is a ton of NEW or REMODELED icons)

At least 12 text files for each SHP file, explaining what is in each one SHP file with the icon number. This is in the same format as WINSPMBT_MasterIconList. (Located in the SHP txt folder under the Graphics Folder)

100+ New lbm files for unit pictures. All shuold work in game, no corruption. They include New Abrams, Bradleys, Infantry pics, artillery, B52, AC-130, AH-64D Longbow, Strykers, MRAPs, Bradley FOV and many more. (Still working on many more).

150+ Formation Information text files - This information is found when purchasing a formation. These files describe the formations and suggest specific units to pick to make the formations work properly.

Again this not a SPCAMO official patch or modification and is a work in progress.

Also there is a Document file (.doc) that explains in more detail the changes and history of this mod.

Again, this is just an amateur (NON-Official) Modification. I accept honest critical opinions and suggestions. I realize not everyone will agree with what I have done but, I enjoy the game a little more with the options that my changes have allowed.

I am aiming for a release of mid to end of April depending on how my time goes.

Hope this will be enjoyable to others and give maybe a different spin on the game.

Gooseman2448

Last edited by Gooseman2448; March 28th, 2014 at 04:36 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gooseman2448 For This Useful Post:
Old November 22nd, 2012, 04:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Usa 1980-2020 Mod

Thanks. Interesting looking icons. Btw, how about doing similar mod for Russia?
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseman2448 View Post
[12 SHP files - Icon0114.shp, Icon0115.shp, Icon0116.shp, Icon0117.shp, Icon0118.shp, Icon0119.shp, Icon0120.shp, Icon0123.shp, Icon0124.shp, Icon0125.shp and Icon0183.shp. (That is at least 1200 NEW or REMODED icons)

You have a real problem with math.......

You list 11 SHP files not 12. The first 10 are turreted Icon SHP files which means at most they can hold 48 hull/turret combination Icons and one turretless Icon and 183 is an "Invisible turrets for Icons with AAMG's " file that can hold 99 icons max.

At the very most those 11 SHP files can hold 589 Icons IF every slot is filled ( and they aren't..) NOT "at least 1200". An Icon with a hull and turret counts as one Icon not two and even counting a hull and turret as two icons does not add up to "at least 1200"

You need to redo your count.

Don
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on the release of your mod! Everything looks great to me, and I applaud the amount of effort you clearly put into it. Being a former Bradley monkey, I can certainly appreciate a mod like this!

Great work!

Matt
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:32 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseman2448 View Post
[12 SHP files - Icon0114.shp, Icon0115.shp, Icon0116.shp, Icon0117.shp, Icon0118.shp, Icon0119.shp, Icon0120.shp, Icon0123.shp, Icon0124.shp, Icon0125.shp and Icon0183.shp. (That is at least 1200 NEW or REMODED icons)

You have a real problem with math.......

You list 11 SHP files not 12. The first 10 are turreted Icon SHP files which means at most they can hold 48 hull/turret combination Icons and one turretless Icon and 183 is an "Invisible turrets for Icons with AAMG's " file that can hold 99 icons max.

At the very most those 11 SHP files can hold 589 Icons IF every slot is filled ( and they aren't..) NOT "at least 1200". An Icon with a hull and turret counts as one Icon not two and even counting a hull and turret as two icons does not add up to "at least 1200"

You need to redo your count.

Don

LOL!!! You are right. Guess I got GREEDY. I did remake some of the turrets so... can I get a half point? lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gooseman2448 For This Useful Post:
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhero View Post
Thanks. Interesting looking icons. Btw, how about doing similar mod for Russia?
I would but, I don't really have a lot of knowledge on Russia/USSR. I get confused as it is trying to keep up with all the different tanks and afvs.

It seems as if every time a bird craps on a Russian tank it is re-designated. LOL!

Maybe one day there could be a version of WinSPMBT that starts in the 80's. I am sure there could be an add-on market. (As well as Vietnam or Korea or just an 80's WWIII)

I have to give Don and the Mod community the credit for my icons. I did not create any new icons. I use (in a very amateur way) what is out there and make very crude modifications. But, it is fun to do it.
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:12 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr8683 View Post
Congratulations on the release of your mod! Everything looks great to me, and I applaud the amount of effort you clearly put into it. Being a former Bradley monkey, I can certainly appreciate a mod like this!

Great work!

Matt
Thanks Mark.

I did ALOT of background research on units and formations. If I found something that didn't match up, I kept searching to find more accurate info. Trying to find accurate info on a Bradley company organization was tough. Trying to make it work in the game is harder.

I LOVE the Bradley FOV. It is one of the BEST platforms out there. I think it compares to the versatility of the Sherman chassis or US half tracks. It is not truly heavy or is it light but, puts up a big time fight against all others.

I think the Bradley FOV would be a perfect replacement for the M-113 FOV.

I made a couple formations where the Bradley APC is in a mixed team with Bradely IFV. This is awesome, the firepower of IFV and extra combat troops.

Hope you enjoy. Any help making it better is appreciated.
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road

I remember the Linebacker system, the M3A3 Cav Bradley, M2A2 Bradley, and I was on the M2A3. Company organization was simple. Out of a four-platoon infantry company, the fourth squad in each platoon was designated as Bradley crews. There used to be MOS 11M, which was crewed vehicle infantryman, but they did away with it and they just pick normal 11Bs to train on them. Reasoning being, I guess, that if your Brad is killed, you have a three-man fire team to go along with the dismounts. Anyway.. three Bradleys to a platoon, and four platoons to a company, one of them being a headquarters platoon composed of TOCroaches and PT non-performers. They should have very, very low experience at anything other than squaring away their ERBs, and plummeting morale to simulate the internet connection dropping in theater.. hehe!

I agree with you. All told, the Bradley is a good, reliable vehicle.

Still fiddling around with the mod, it's looking very good. I especially like the varieties of HumVee. It's difficult to simulate an infantry squad in theater.. we rolled in HumVees until the MRAPs arrived on my last tour. You had a nine-man squad split up in two or three HumVees, and if anything happened, the gunner and driver would stay in the vehicle while the rest of us dismounted. Impossible to replicate in SP. But again, I like the variety.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkr8683 For This Useful Post:
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:19 PM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road

My experience in an AFV predates this "modern era" and my MOS wasn't 11B but instead 11E so here's my take:

Had our M551A1 been shot out from under us and we somehow managed to have miraculously survived a main gun hit from a Soviet 115mm gun that destroyed our particular Sheridan(without any hearing or sight loss amongst the crew to go along with that hit), this crew would have had in it's possession the mighty sum total of 3 1911A1 .45 CAL pistols and the drivers M3 .45 cal Grease Gun. That IMO wouldn't have inspired any heroics on our part to imitate any Rambo types on the battlefield and my first and only order would have been to get out of Dodge ASAP and find a way to our real eschelon and friendlies faces. Live to fight another day with another legitimate fighting platform under our rumps.

FWIW,and we could have been quite likely to have been
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny For This Useful Post:
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:01 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr8683 View Post
Still fiddling around with the mod, it's looking very good. I especially like the varieties of HumVee. It's difficult to simulate an infantry squad in theater.. we rolled in HumVees until the MRAPs arrived on my last tour. You had a nine-man squad split up in two or three HumVees, and if anything happened, the gunner and driver would stay in the vehicle while the rest of us dismounted. Impossible to replicate in SP. But again, I like the variety.
I figured out how to simulate squads in HMMWVs.

Used the Mech HQ Sec and Mech Rfl Sec in this MOD.

Looks like this:
Mech HQ Sec (3 men)
Sniper/marksman (1 man)
HMMWV - MMG
Mech Rfl Sec (4 men)
HMMWV - GL
Mech Rfl Sec (4 men)
HMMWV - HMG

Formation type: Section

I also made a platoon with a HQ, sniper team and 3 of the squad sections. Formation type: Combat Group.

Also added an IBCT version using the Rifle Aslt Sqd from this Mod.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gooseman2448 For This Useful Post: