.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old April 1st, 2009, 05:06 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default T17-18

T17
At the road a squad appears & is routed into the arms of HQ who kills it. KVII appears hit for no effect there is also a T-26 over by AA area that avoided tanks there >> fire at KV but no effect closest tank is out of APCR, other tries but APCR fails as range over 500m still perservere its out of shots. 3 tanks here move to close range it probably has company. HT10 runs right upto but even side shots do nothing & its now out of APCR. Mk4 takes on T-26 but the best it manages is a damage result so have to use Mk3 here to destroy it. This leaves free passage for a HT which runs upto KV its immobilised by the squad. Pioneer in HT is rushing to the area has to unload at end of move as could be vulnerable. 3 Mk3s & a few HT with AT infantry are heading here but a long way off.
AA area squad finds a 76 routes it but hurt a bit, units heading down the road find more runners as what arty I have is falling round here.
<< Wreck area a T-26 was taken out by Mk3 squadAT got another >> again little progress due to pinning so tank moves 100m on its own & squad that can heads into buildings looking for missed units, finds & kills one.
Central road moving along sniper finds HQ at the last N>S ish road, recieves fire but routes, MMG moves onto that road in a nice position to catch runners & gets HQ running, in the process mortar now adjacent to him is killed in the splash.
76ATG lot are now killing arty
FF Another 5 squads turn up all but one is in good order after the exchange. Get the 7 down to 3 but super recovered & got several men.
Ha getting lax forgot to move arty last go so only 4 tubes this turn

T18
Road another squad turned up HQ killed again one rallies killing 3men before dying, KV crew bailed so kill it. Squad & Pioneer head out for a look Pioneer enters woods on the other side another KVII which is burnt to a crisp. HT10 heads out for a little look recieves fire from 76 squad routes vehicles kill.
<< AA area Squad furthest North takes on 2 squads one has vanished >> kills ATG & routes squad 223Fu in position down road to give ranged support. Others are at last road killing runners. units moving back to take missed flags will get them all next turn.
FF 2more squads turn up & find a 3rd we are losing men but the situation is contained only 2 units remain by turn end.
Otherwise just killing runners a platoon of Mk3s & a couple of squads are heading for FF as its somwhat depleted while others are moving back to cover flags in case some one slips through.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:50 AM

General

Default Its over

T19
Road group mostly moving towards train station now have squad in the area, they find a squad & AAgun route & destroy.
AA gun area squad & Fu hold 3 squads here also probably coming from the station >> units heading to assist but 223Fu & squad hold them off for the moment.
Central road, reinforcements arrive I have a couple of squads forward killing mortars, one is AT & kills one of 3 T-26s that turns up >> he kills another after a couple of tries & Mk4 deals that was supporting deals with the last. take up position to recieve more 2 Mk3s that were heading for FF come to assist
FF looks like the big boys were guarding the flanks several more squads & a KVII show up Mk4 pops smoke >> have 3 visible ready squads consider withdrawl but Mk3 has APCR so move to position behind smoke kill all squads on this side of it. Mk4 stays where it is & a squad enters his hex in hopes of scaring the out of KV if it comes through the smoke. Stuff is rushing here would have prefered tank killer squads but anybody will do.

T20
2 BTs enter as reinforcements Mk3 gets one in my turn
FF> KV moves through smoke squads assault fails Mk4 hits no effect of course Mk3 misses, KV kills Mk4 Mk3 causes heavy damage.
Several squads at least 6 charge our positions one squad is in real bad shape & took freindly fire to boot as our positions are overun in several places, manage to push them back & game ends.

Grief looking at the map about a company in North woods & train station.
AAgun area I am still working my way to a platoon & 76s
FF some 76s but another KV & close to 2 com of infantry were about to arrive. Me thinks its a good idea I decided not to press on into that lot.

Men 154 > 2184
AFVs 3 > 55
Score 6175 > 340

Time for a major restructure HQ were that impressed with our forces effect on the main assault that they want to distribute our seasoned men among other units to train them. So as my force will be disbanded & a similar force bought with slightly less transport & correct tank formation as in platoon of Mk2s not all MK3s.
Conclusion doing a long campaign as Germans so long as you look after your troops they will become totaly unstopable even after 10 battles they are supermen compared to the Russians. If troops survived the first 20 battles the chances of survival go up massivly because they are so damn good so they could easily survive to the end of the game. Your biggest problem by then would be that they will just not retreat. Once you hit 80 exp improving further should be a lot slower becoming a crawl at 90 exp. Experienced armour in WW2 is a huge benefit as all shots at same target after the 3rd are at a high hit chance. MBT late era not so big an advantage as initial accuracy is better but I am getting a lot of 95% shots. Yes there were quite a few Russians left but the only units I used from the relief force were 2 scouts & a MMG plus the batt CB fired which I could not help so about 1/3rd of my force did not even take part & they could have gone to FF aid.
Thats it the replacements exploits will not be reported as no intrest was shown.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balkans N. Africa Leg

Imp,

Thanks for a good run of DARs! It has been quite interesting to read across so many battles with the same force. As you pointed out, your troops became supermen. When it gets to that point, tactics and strategy sometime take a back seat because you can just plow through the enemy and when that happens it like watching a re-run of a good show. It may still be fun, but there are no suprises.

Good luck in the rest of your battles and have fun training the new recruits! Please let us know of any great "suprises" that happen to your troops along the way.

Howard Tayer
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM

General

If an amusing battle comes up might give you a report certainly it will be harder now. As the Ruskies which I think you are doing its a diffrent ball game just getting to 70 exp will take a while you need to keep your forces alive.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
If an amusing battle comes up might give you a report certainly it will be harder now. As the Ruskies which I think you are doing its a diffrent ball game just getting to 70 exp will take a while you need to keep your forces alive.
I'm into battle 5 and I only have 5 units out of three companies plus support that are over vetren and only about 15 more that are in the 70s. The worst is when you lose a unit because you know it's going to be a long while before it gets even to decent abilities. Good luck.

Howard Tayer
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Ketch View Post
Quote:
I'm into battle 5 and I only have 5 units out of three companies plus support that are over vetren and only about 15 more that are in the 70s. The worst is when you lose a unit because you know it's going to be a long while before it gets even to decent abilities. Good luck.
This will improve as the war goes on you just need to hang on in there as the Ruskies did.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Ketch View Post
Quote:
This will improve as the war goes on you just need to hang on in there as the Ruskies did.
I'm not giving up yet. I've still got 55 battles to go. I can't wait to see what the survives will be like!

Howard Tayer