This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Conquest of Elysium II

Old September 4th, 2008, 03:46 AM

Corporal

Kamamura is on a distinguished road
Default Defeating a demonologist

I have this very interesting game on a large world, empire. I play as senator, and my only remaining foe is a demonologist.

I control most of the cities, but there is one 4 squares large in the center I cannot get a hold on.

The problem is, while I have a nice income, two weapon masters and churn basic troops and train them to elite level, my foe has like 3 major armies with about 10 demons and chaff. I have found out that he is quite undefeatable - no matter what I hire, it has magic resistance of 4. The best unit against demons available to me is the occassional archbishop, but he falls quickly to a fireball spell. Augurs are worthless because they use fireballs, and so are wizards.

Any idea how to defeat a demonologist? I have a feeling that once he grows powerful, a warlord can't do much to stop those demonic SCs. I tried to starve him from city access (they need people to sacrifice, right?), but it does not seem to have any effect.
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Defeating a demonologist

Deny him the cities and villages and place cauldrons in your towers. Siege engines might be useful. Don't remember now, but IIRC you can build siege towers with your centurions. THey do not have very good MR either, but will stand against the demon troops quite good. Fill up your ranks with archers. Retarii will immoblilize one enemy unit for the remainder of the battle (like paralyze in dom3 with the exception that it is gone for the duration of the battle). Might be good vs demons as well.

Catapults might get off lucky shots at demons and the demonologist himself.
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Defeating a demonologist

Deny him the cities and villages and place cauldrons in your towers. Siege engines might be useful. Don't remember now, but IIRC you can build siege towers with your centurions. THey do not have very good MR either, but will stand against the demon troops quite good. Fill up your ranks with archers. Retarii will immoblilize one enemy unit for the remainder of the battle (like paralyze in dom3 with the exception that it is gone for the duration of the battle). Might be good vs demons as well.

Catapults might get off lucky shots at demons and the demonologist himself.