Old February 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR Enchanter & Burgmeister alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Trowell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Well after sitting for a couple of months I have saved up enough gold to convert the bones I found into a Necrotod.
When you say "bones", you mean corpse in the same square like the one that the necromancer can raise ?
Kindof. The game keeps track of such things. So the more combats in a spot, the more corpses/bones there are. I can even make them in places my ally has taken without taking ownership. So following along behind an allies army can be very useful.

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/necrotod.JPG
These are VERY useful in building my army. I want as many as I can get. As long as I can keep them in the middle rank they will continually try to hypnotize an enemy converting them over to my side. I just have to make sure I keep soldiers, or golems, in front of them or then they just bite. I would love to have a dozen of them converting enemy to my troops in every battle.
Ho, I like this type of ability.

Can the hypnotize effect capture commanders/mages too ?
[/quote]
Yes. With equipment. Altho I dont remember if they stay commanders or not. But the mages will stay mages even if they can no longer lead
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK thats going to be the end of this one. I kindof rushed the ending so I can unpack the new version to play it. WOW and Edi's manuals are included this time!

Now if I can just get Jason Lutes to make a tutorial map before release date

I was going to go abit farther to show some of the fun stuff. Like the Animated Armor and Dancing Sword. The immobile Guardian which makes a cheap guard in your towns. Leaving a Guardian with a Necrotod behind it creates an army that grows with time. Animate Statues is fun also when you destroy an entire temple to make a bunch of slow-moving but robust statues.

And the golems. Like the crystal golem which throws off crystal land mine things in combat. Those are immobile so they stay behind when you move as guardian units. Oh well, you will see when you get the game
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all Gandalf, I think that the Enchanter will probably be one of the first classes that I play when I get the game. ^_^
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM

Sergeant

samoht is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
**** the druids and anyone else who gets in my way.
With a name like Big Bizz, I pictured your enchanter as a type of medieval gangster rapper. So when I read that line, I lol'd pretty hard. Luckily nobody was around; I'm at work.

I'm very intrigued by the Burgmeister. They might just be the character I decide to play first because they're basically new.
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yeah as a druidic type myself I got a kick out of the reference to big business eating up resources for self profit. (self prophet? good pun)

The Burgmeisters are slow in movement. But they can recruit in high numbers. And the additionals that show up really expands their capabilities. Its a great nation for turtling. If you feel like the other nations are going to be rush nations. Burgmeister is one of the few that can survive starting too close to Troll King, Baron, or Pale Ones. I also play them when I feel too wound up and play over aggressively.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post: