General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CoE3 release

Excellent. Thanks for the explanation.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:55 PM

First Lieutenant

YellowCactus is on a distinguished road

The problem that CoE3 will face is that it's users are only a small portion of the 'gaming' population. I used to play Dwarf Fort and other non-graphics based, high learning curve games. These days, I come home from work and wouldn't dream of starting a game of dwarf fort or trying to learn how to play an in depth, complex game. Sometimes I do buy new games, but I just load them up and look at them, and think....wow, there's a lot to this game. Too bad I don't have the time or energy to learn it.

So....CoE4 needs to be more intuitive, and simplerer. And make it perty for the love of GOD!
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

At the moment the biggest problem I see is that the niche CoE3 player base is actually a subset of the niche Dom3 player base. A niche of a niche.

The MP of CoE3 pretty much sucks unless you are hotseating or maybe blitzing in IRC. CoE3 is much better for solo, better AI, and supports scenarios. But its hard to get a subset of Dom3 diehards who want that. Many of them try it and are unhappy at the non-Dom3ness of it.

On the other hand, it is on Steam. For years we have been promised that would give us the Steaming Horde of players. Im really hopeful of some NWNers or other migrants from scenario and campaign games.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

TODAY the Conquest of Elysium 3 game is on sale for 75% off on GamersGate.com which makes its price $2.50 US

And it was recently on sale for the same amount on Steam but I havent seen much from that. Maybe because there is no more Public Relations person for Illwinter.

Speaking of lack of PR...
Dominions 3 is on Greenlight trying to also get onto Steam. It did not pass last months roster so please everyone go vote for it and spread the word.