This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Conquest of Elysium II

Old January 27th, 2012, 03:33 PM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road
Default Coe 3 Aar

I’ve got permission from the developers to start an AAR for the game, even though it is still in the final stages of beta testing. So here goes!

Specifications:
The first choice I have to make is how big is the map going to be. Sizes range from tiny (30 x 20) to Enormous (70 x 52). I’m going to go for large, which is the default setting: big enough so that (hopefully) I won’t be stomped by my opponent the first year, small enough that it will be fairly quick and bloody.

The next thing is the society that this terrible conflict will play itself out in. There are six different societies to choose from, some more chaotic than others. There’s also a random option, which is kinda the easy way out, but I’ll choose it anyway.

I think I’m going to have an ally this game, but I think I want him not to start right next to me, so no on clustered start, but yes on Common Cause - which means that if I lose my citadel (which normally means game over) I am still in, so long as my ally has his citadel.

To make things easy, I’m going to just set one opponent, but to make things harder, I’m going to make him a Knight level, whereas my ally will be a Jester level.
Finally I’m going to choose a character at random, which turns out to be the Enchanter.

Enchanter
Here we are in the beautiful crystal tower by the sea. My name’s Ostrogotha, and I’ll be your Enchanter for the foreseeable future. As you can see there is a coal mine on the other side of the river. Coal mines are the least productive of all mines, producing 1 extra gold and 1 iron per turn. However, that’s a big help since the crystal tower only produces 2 gold and no iron.

As you can see, my special powers almost all require iron, and at times copious amounts of it. As such I need to find mines, and fast. I plan to send my trusty apprentice, Godegisel, out into the wide world to find my mines. It’s really the best way to learn - by being thrown out into the great wide dangerous world to see what you can find. I am generous though - I will sent out with Godegisel some swordsmen and crossbowmen as an honor guard. In fact I plan on sending out most of my soldiers with him, because I anticipate that any mines he finds will be guarded by fell dwarves or worse.

I have received reports from my trusty ally, Ulugh Beg the King of the Deep (war makes strange bedfellows) that the entrance to his vast underground cavern lies to the northwest, and that he is sending out his strange pale, flabby, workers to explore the area.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 2.15.04 PM.jpg
Views:	1503
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	11627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 2.18.16 PM.jpg
Views:	1483
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	11628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 2.25.31 PM.jpg
Views:	1475
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	11629  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to st.patrik For This Useful Post:
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM

Sergeant

Doo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coe 3 Aar

Go team Bewitching Flubber!
Old January 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM

Corporal

Flop is on a distinguished road

Awesome! I was hoping one of the beta testers would do an AAR.
Old January 27th, 2012, 06:56 PM

Major

Well go figure Godegisel ran into trouble right away, bumping into a couple of ruffians skulking near the mountains to the northeast. His report said that he dispatched them with ease, continuing on his way. Other reports indicate wolves and moose, which I have given him strict instructions NOT to mess with.

I had an offer from a rough-looking fellow to come work for me. Says he can spot brigands a mile away, and handle a bow too. Of course he wanted 22 gold! I had him flogged out of the tower - his asking price would nearly bankrupt me, and I can get five trusty spearmen for 50 gold. I also got an offer which I would have liked to have taken from from a seasoned military captain, but unfortunately his asking price was more than I have in the treasury. Besides, I need to save my precious gold to create my marvelous enchanted constructs!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 2.38.46 PM.jpg
Views:	1457
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	11630  
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM

Major

Good news! Godegisel found a large swampy area to the north. Godegisel isn’t very skilled at the art of enchanting, but even he can create simple terracotta soldiers, and the best part is that it doesn’t cost anything! The bad news is that it takes a full month for Godegisel to make even 1 such soldier! I have decided that I will lead the expedition while he stays in the swamp making terracotta soldiers! I have left 3 spearmen in the tower with strict instructions to let NO ONE in.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 2.55.03 PM.jpg
Views:	1434
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	11631  
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:18 PM

Private

AngelSong is on a distinguished road

Thanks, more picture please,I see terracotta soldier have item solt,even normal unit have item solt?
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM

Sergeant

Doo is on a distinguished road

The terracotta soldiers have the "old age" tag? I thought they were freshly created?

Maybe the old age icon means something different in CoE3.
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:00 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSong View Post
Thanks, more picture please,I see terracotta soldier have item solt,even normal unit have item solt?
Yes - everyone has item slots and you can give items to non-commander units.
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:03 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo View Post
The terracotta soldiers have the "old age" tag? I thought they were freshly created?

Maybe the old age icon means something different in CoE3.
That icon means 'Charm immunity' in COE3. Good eyes!
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:05 PM

Major

Well I might have guessed this would happen - when I got to the swamp I realized that it was far too small to create the massive terracotta army Godegisel wrote so excitedly about. In fact it was drained before I even got to set off - after making only 2 soldiers! Ah well, those are the breaks! I have decided that I will journey on with Godegisel for a few months, since he clearly isn’t really ready for this task.