This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Conquest of Elysium II

Old January 28th, 2012, 04:45 AM

Corporal

Flop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coe 3 Aar

This is great reading. Thanks for posting it.

How does the swamp thing work? Is there a chance every turn that it will be drained, when you're making terracotta soldiers, or does it have a set number of resources for making them?
Old January 28th, 2012, 04:55 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Chance to be drained every turn. The probability is something like 5% or 10% and certainly can't be more or you would run into it sooner rather than later. I've managed to create upwards of 20 terracotta soldiers from one swamp before it was drained. Other times it drains on the first go.
Old January 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

Godegisel and I ended up parting company rather quickly in the end. In a moment of genius I realized that in the winter the river would freeze, enabling us to cross over, so I sent a small detachment of troops with Godegisel across the frozen river. I will continue to the north while he will head west.
Old January 28th, 2012, 12:12 PM

Major

Godegisel reports he came upon an ancient forest peopled by giant praying mantis. I think he’s trying to impress me. Giant praying mantis indeed!

I found another coal mine, guarded by some archers and spearmen. Under normal circumstances this wouldn’t be too much of a challenge, but I gave several men to Godegisel, and so I only have scant forces myself. However, I have an edge in that I have mastered several arcane techniques. Unfortunately many of them won’t help since they protect my army (if you could call it that) against fire or poison. However, I do have a technique to increase the armor of my men. I have committed it to memory, and deliberately NOT studied the other techniques, so that when battle comes I will be fighting with magically enhanced troops!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 3.40.28 PM.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	11632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 3.50.18 PM.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	11633  
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:41 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Note that in this respect, our fearless enchanter has deliberately studied only one spell, but the highly trained minds of mages do not take well into forced idleness and working at less than full capacity, so he is likely to find quite suddenly that the other spells are clamoring for attention in his mind.

What he should have done was memorize Fortitude, Venom Ward and Fire Ward, because while spells that are cast in combat are randomly picked from among the memorized one, mages will not cast totally useless spells (e.g. Fire Ward against spearmen who have no fire attacks, and same goes for Venom Ward). Now, since the rememorization is random, he may find himself casting fireshield, which may or may not be a good thing depending on whether he casts it at a front row swordsman and whether the enemy will attack that swordsman or another.

The reason mages cannot memorize less than a full complement of spells is precisely to prevent abuse of the system exactly like that, because, believe me, you don't want to run into mages who have random blooper spells except for that one "I can instantly kill all of your army with this, so I shall cast nothing else" nightmare. And they are out there...
Old January 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
Note that in this respect, our fearless enchanter has deliberately studied only one spell, but the highly trained minds of mages do not take well into forced idleness and working at less than full capacity, so he is likely to find quite suddenly that the other spells are clamoring for attention in his mind.

What he should have done was memorize Fortitude, Venom Ward and Fire Ward, because while spells that are cast in combat are randomly picked from among the memorized one, mages will not cast totally useless spells (e.g. Fire Ward against spearmen who have no fire attacks, and same goes for Venom Ward). Now, since the rememorization is random, he may find himself casting fireshield, which may or may not be a good thing depending on whether he casts it at a front row swordsman and whether the enemy will attack that swordsman or another.

The reason mages cannot memorize less than a full complement of spells is precisely to prevent abuse of the system exactly like that, because, believe me, you don't want to run into mages who have random blooper spells except for that one "I can instantly kill all of your army with this, so I shall cast nothing else" nightmare. And they are out there...
Oops!
Old January 28th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Major

Reports from the allies indicate they have spread fairly wide from the cavern mouth. In fact mention is made of several mines of great value they have discovered. I have decided I will head that way to give them our greetings (and to attempt to gain control somehow of some of those mines).

Received word that the crystal tower was attacked in my absence! Wolves attacked the guards and killed all but 1! I will have to reinforce the tower. Sent word to Godegisel to head back there and make sure the tower is protected. I probably need to hire more spearmen.
Old January 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Sergeant

Doo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.patrik View Post
Received word that the crystal tower was attacked in my absence! Wolves attacked the guards and killed all but 1! I will have to reinforce the tower. Sent word to Godegisel to head back there and make sure the tower is protected. I probably need to hire more spearmen.
A close call. You would not have immediately lost if they took the crystal tower because your ally still has their starting fort but presumably you would have nowhere to recruit spearmen and thus be forced to enchant troops and then take back the tower.

That would have been a set back
Old January 28th, 2012, 10:25 PM

Private

AngelSong is on a distinguished road

How high is magic level?I see all of game picture,only find 3rd level and lower.
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:30 AM

Major

Ok, here’s a problem: the pale-skinned mounds of flesh I call allies haven’t actually taken over any of the mines in the territory he’s explored! So how can I sneakily take them over! I am going to have to take one over myself. That means building up additional forces.

After much consideration I have decided to attempt a ritual to create a mighty wood golem, to help me take over a mine guarded by some Bakemono.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 6.21.54 PM.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	11637