.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 12th, 2010, 08:56 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Finland II

Turn 10

Howitzers lifted their fire. The one squad has recovered, so I'll move it forward again. It seems like the enemy tanks have changed direction some. They seem to be heading southeast, but will have to turn back east as there is a lake blocking their path. Two more tanks showed up on the northern edge, but these are MG armed T-37a types. All I have out there is one scout and one Kosmolets. The scout has a satchel charge, so it should do well.

Incoming mortar fire behind the lines of my left flank. Some rounds were coming down in the swamp. Frog's legs for dinner tonight

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: Zero.
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:14 PM

Captain

Turn 11

The enemy howitzers are trying to hit my Kosmolets now, but over shot the target. I'm going to move it forward a bit more to make sure it doesn't get hit by a stray round. The enemy tanks and infantry along the north edge have turned to the southeast and will stay away from my scout.

Only two of the enemy big tanks are visible now, still heading toward Hill 1. They are slow. No contact anywhere else along the line. It seems like they are taking a long time to make any sort of contact elsewhere, but I am ready.

Casualties

Old September 12th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Captain

Turn 12

Enemy artillery still coming in near scout and Kosmolet. Scout suppress some, but nothing else. My Kosmolet moved forward a little more and scored a hit on one enemy squad.

They dropped some more artillery behind my lines and plinked one of my tanks moving from the left. It takes a while to move 4km without a road.

Casualties

Enemy: One.
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM

Captain

Turn 13

Kosmolets destroyed by artillery. A new round of fire started and it was on target. Scout suppressed some as well. More artillery falling behind the lines.

One of my flags turned about 200m in front of some infantry. I didn't see who was there, but I know it was likely an enemy scout or sniper, so I opened up with area fire. After a bit, it responded and my infantry line saw it. There was a scout there. Machine gun fire sent it running with two men down. Enemy infantry now appearing on Hill 5. My three tanks from the left are behind the lines in this area, so I am going to push them forward where they can contribute immediately. I have no clue where the enemy tanks are going, so it won't hurt to have three of my 45mm guns there.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xKosmolets APC destroyed.

Enemy: Two casualties.
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:44 PM

Captain

Turn 14

Enemy artillery raining down just in front of my scout. No casaulties, but I'm sure he's pretty rattled.

Fired at the two enemy squads and scouts with HMGs and small arms. The scouts and squads are running. A sniper opened up on one of my squads, dropping two men. Tanks are starting to move up. My guess is the enemy saw the tanks moving around, because artillery is coming in around their location. A couple more plinks, but no damage.

Casualties

Friendly: Two casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 5 casualties.
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:03 PM

Captain

Turn 15

One of my HMG sections is running because of artillery that fell close. I need to get him back on line because it covered the area where enemy infantry has been spotted. It was just random chance that if hit him. They were targeting my tanks that went through.

Traded shots with the enemy scout again. That sniper also snapped off a few more shots, but I don't know where it is right now. One tank is online; the other two are coming up.

Another flag turned out to my front. It is about 400m west of the southern peak of Hill 1. One of the enemy T-28E tanks is on the northern peak. I need to get my mortars dropping round on the west side of the hill, just in case there are infantry about.

Casualties

Enemy: One casualty.
Old September 12th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Captain

Turn 16

Four enemy tanks on northern peak of Hill 1 now. I'm going to have to reposition to take them on. Two of their light tanks are moving into the open north of the hill, but I should be able to deal with them with one tank.

Ack!!! Their sniper is killing me. Five men down in one squad!!! I still don't know where he is. I've got two tanks on the line now and some more infantry, but I can't move anyone else on the line until that sniper is gone or out of ammo. Enemy mortars hitting Hill 2 as well. I should be able to hold, but it is a fairly thinly head section of my front.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Old September 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Captain

Turn 17

Enemy tanks moving forward. Three still on northern peak of Hill 1 and one on the western slope of the southern peak. One of my armored cars punched a hole in the flank of this one and took a shot at another one. I'm going to pepper then with everything I can this turn. The two light tanks are still advancing, but are receiving fire from one of my tanks. One enemy infantry squad also on northern peak. It took small arms fire from all over and was sent back.

Two more enemy squads west of Hill 2, one on Hill 5. Both took tank and HMG fire, both being turned. A tank hunter team showed up as well 150m from my infantry line and was destroyed. The sniper was quiet this turn. Artillery and mortar fire still falling in hill.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Captain

Turn 18

Scored well against the enemy armor. First, one of my armored cars destroyed the tank forward of the southern peak of Hill 1. Next, I peppered a T-28E and T-26 M37 on the northern peak. My other armored car took a shot at the T-28E and had a round bounce off the front. The occurred what I can only call a fortuitous accident. I had decided to move the AC into the hex with the other one, putting it out of sight of the T-28E. For some reason, it moved one hex forward. It took a light penetrating hit from the T-28E and the T-26 missed. It fired at the T-28E and scored a major penetration. A second shot scored a kill. Both armored cars withdrew from back from the peak about 100m. One of my tanks came up onto the peak from the northwest and put a killing round into the T-26. Since there was enemy infantry on the northern peak, I pulled my tanks back to a position in front of my infantry. The tank engaging the light tanks to the north of the hill destroyed one. Friendly mortar rounds started dropping on the west side of Hill 1. Three enemy tanks are still on the hill, supported by infantry.

Action is picking up quickly in front of Hill 2. The majority of one enemy infantry company can be seen. Enemy artillery is still hitting the hill and have forced back two of my HMG units. I'm moving one light tank up from the south to take a position of one of those units until I can get it back online. The enemy is taking a few casualties in this area. So far, my damage has only come from a sniper, who has been quiet lately.

Casualties

Enemy: 2xT-28E tanks, 1xT-26 M37 tank and 1xT37a tank destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:30 AM

Captain

Turn 19

Destroyed two more enemy tanks. One of those light ones to the north, eliminating those and on T-26 on the northern peak. Two more T-28E tanks are up there. That should be all they have. About one platoon of enemy infantry is visible on Hill 1 as well and drawing fire from infantry and tanks.

Action in front if Hill 2 has really picked up. It appears elements of two enemy companies are now present. One is circling around the north side of the lake out front and another around the south side. I've got mortars plotted on both approaches, but have to bunch the enemy up for two turns. A lot of shooting came from both sides, but only I scored. Enemy artillery is still raining on the hill and my HMGs are still not back on line. My one light tank peppered a squad from the southeast. This area is going to be difficult. If I can finish off the enemy tanks to the north, I can get more help down here.

Casualties

Enemy: 1xT-26 M37 tank and 1xT37a tank destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.