.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM

Corporal

CelestialGoblyn is on a distinguished road
Default Getting the most of LA Ulm in multiplayer.

I am soon playing LA Ulm - The Black Forest in an epically large multiplayer game. I'd ask for as much advice possible about what strategies are worth pursuing and what pretender and SC builds I should consider.

I'd also post my own observations from single-player, which might or might not be accurate. Feel free to correct them.

1)There's little purpose for battlefield mages with LA Ulm. They're too weak to do anything useful accept if you use them in communion. If you use communion then skeleton spamming can be good.

2)Rangers+Pikemen are a good combination, knights are too expensive.

3)Commanders come with different types of weapons but none of that matters since they're just humans.

4)First thing to be researched should be construction for Sanguine Rods to start using blood summons.

5)Vampire Counts aren't all that good for their cost in slaves. (but what do I use them for, then?)

6)Vampires can be set to 'attack rear' and act as kamikaze of sorts. (but is that cost effective?)