Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old February 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM

Private

Wavetop is on a distinguished road
Default UK Postage hit

I could not find a link for a download, so I bought the CD version, as it also gave me a copy of the Manual. Having paid US postage, I did not expect the UK Post Office to hold the game hostage until I paid a handling charge of £8, added to VAT at £3.60 and the cost of a trip into town to rescue my game. I am now waiting from a demand from Canada and Iceland, as it flew over them to get here.
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UK Postage hit

Ouch, sorry to hear that! We have a fair number of overseas customers but we don't normally hear horror stories like that. I suppose nowadays governments are trying to get money any way they can.
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:04 AM

Private

Hentzau is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: UK Postage hit

Maybe a sticky post or Notice with the buy it by download link should be posted in this forum. The "order WPP here" link doesn't seem to point to a downloadable version.

Last edited by Hentzau; February 25th, 2009 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old February 25th, 2009, 04:04 AM

Private

Wavetop is on a distinguished road

I had ordered another game product from a different company in the US a few weeks ago and it arrived as a similar small packet, post paid in the US, with no extra charge. The only difference that I could see was the Customs Declaration on the first packet gave the contents value as $10 (slight understatement). Perhaps it was the higher declared value of the KE/Shrapnel product which attracted attention. What hurt most was that the additional handling charge resulted in me having to go to the post office to reclaim the packet, the only thing they handled was my money.

I also could not see a 'purchase by download' option in the online shop, although the download had been announced. This is not a complaint as I was happy to go for the boxed version, the above was just a little added surprise.
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:51 PM

Private

Straha is on a distinguished road

I used to order cds, DVDs, books etc from outside the European Union for many many years without problems - until suddenly things began to happen like Wavetop described above. In Germany, in addition to making you pick up your stuff at customs and let you pay a percentage of (value of item PLUS shipping cost) they always open your package, go through your things and treat you like a borderline-criminal. At least this is what they do at my "local" customs office (which is located about 25 miles away). That's why I eventually stopped ordering things outside the European Union completely. However, I now make happy use of buying *downloads* - I hope this will not be made illegal or monitored by customs one day too.