This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 15th, 2005, 10:26 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Screenshots are *sick!!!*

Yeah, that's the other way I thought it was. Increased frame rate as it doesn't have to refresh extra polygons created just to have colour patterns.

Edit: great, I just realised I havn't finished the tutorials in Gmax yet and now I need to learn how to make skins to save polygons
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:53 AM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Daynarr said:
I bet that it will take even longer for CD to arrive to me.
To my surprise the CD arrived very fast from the States, only 4 days travel time (including the day it went to the post office).
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:14 PM

Private

Hiruu is on a distinguished road

The GUI could use some polishing, but I think the beta is going to hash out alot of those problems. A little off the topic of screenshots, but I've heard a little about the idea of individual leaders (heros), but has anybody heard of how it's going to be handled?
Old April 16th, 2005, 07:22 AM

Major

Instar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
David E. Gervais said:
Hey, what if we all set a meeting for the release date (or the day before) and form a lineup to buy the game? Do you think the sudden appearence of a long line of fans at a computer store would be newsworthy? Only question is If the store sees the lineup and does not have enough stock, will they be able to get more games in time to satisfy the demand? It's a nice idea, but I'm afread that too many of us fans would be left in the cold when the stock runs out.

Well, it's fun to think of things like this even if it will never happen.

Cheers!
It would be nice to get some hype for SEV going. The problem is, we're a small community (relatively). We got to try and figure something out to make some hype.
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Old April 21st, 2005, 07:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

minipol is on a distinguished road

I like the new gui but it doesn't look to different to me. Doesn't have to be. What i will be looking for is how many features made it int the game that make it easier to manage big empiries.
For instance, remembering positions in a lost, making upgrading ship designs easier and so on.

The 3D ships are nice but if you autocalculate a battle that's not so important
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:11 PM

Corporal

Ron_Lugge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Instar said:It would be nice to get some hype for SEV going. The problem is, we're a small community (relatively). We got to try and figure something out to make some hype.
Hm... Maybe we could hack nuclearpower.com? That'd get us a *lot* of attention from computer geeks

NOTE: I am in no way suggesting that such an activity should in fact occur. Don't even think it. Just don't.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ron_Lugge said:
Quote:
Instar said:It would be nice to get some hype for SEV going. The problem is, we're a small community (relatively). We got to try and figure something out to make some hype.
Hm... Maybe we could hack nuclearpower.com? That'd get us a *lot* of attention from computer geeks

NOTE: I am in no way suggesting that such an activity should in fact occur. Don't even think it. Just don't.
Of course not! (Gandalf Parker, www.alt-hacker.org)

On the other hand Im trying to get the "official powers" interested in doing a contest for "sales pitch" sellable designs (text and/or images) that we can put on Tshirts and Mugs and Mousepads (and Journals for the beta testers). Very easy to do (check out www.OddThotz.com/CafePress.html)

How about......

I have conquered castles, cities, countries, continents, worlds...
and just when I thought I had beaten them all...
they come out with
SPACE EMPIRES V
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old May 5th, 2005, 09:26 AM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ron_Lugge said:
Quote:

Nuclearpower.com has NOTHING to do with *actual* nuclear power.
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:51 AM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road

So when can we expect new screenshots? It'd be nice if perhaps once a month a couple new ones could be posted. What is the beta tester's take on this?
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:57 PM

Major

Instar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ragnarok said:
So when can we expect new screenshots? It'd be nice if perhaps once a month a couple new ones could be posted. What is the beta tester's take on this?
Legally, beta testers can't post screenshots. Several reasons for this: beta content can change, competitive advantage, marketing, etc..
I'll wager that Aaron will post new screenshots eventually, maybe not soon or often enough to please everyone, but meh, c'est la vie.
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.