.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 31st, 2011, 06:37 PM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

I get a nagot gick fel! error with CBM 1.84, Holy War LE, and mod pack 2 enabled when choosing any age (early, mid, late) in pretender design.
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:00 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

You shouldn't (just tested again to double check). Make sure though that you have the latest version of the Expanded Nations Packs, they changed yesterday to v1.01. And make doubly sure that you have no other mods enabled.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:27 PM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

Thanks Llama, I had not seen your most recent update.
Old April 1st, 2011, 03:33 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

I'm going to try and find some time in work today to have a stab at the map, otherwise it might have to wait until late tomorrow, as I'm away for the night. Although I need either Dimaz or Sasooli to let me know if NooBliss's departure has changed anything regarding the nations in the game I need to know about to sort the map. And maybe confirming the final number of players would be useful as well (just in case I can't count, or one has unthinkably slipped off Amhazair's well oiled OP)

Although the game can be created (for Pretender uploading) without the final .map file, which might be an idea to speed things along (just remember to switch off the autostart until the map is done)

Edit - Oh, and attached is a slightly updated version of the map file, as I spotted two connections errors. (although still no pre-set starts of course). The image file is the same as before, so isn't included in this attachment. The .map file overwrites the previous .map file I attached (as I don't want to litter you harddrives with map files)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Riverlands_V.1.2_No_Starts.zip (3.3 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by Calahan; April 1st, 2011 at 03:43 AM..
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:53 AM

Private

Sasooli is on a distinguished road

Here's the final nation list according to me:

Tien Chi
R'lyeh
Atlantis
Utgard
Mictlan
Patala
Ctis
Jomon (Broken Swords)
Ulm
Abysia
Arco
Bogarus
Marignon
Caelum
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonial View Post
Hello guys.

I'm a noob, but have had the idea kicking around the back of my head for a while to write up a LP of a veterins game with a target audience of the more committed set of new players who might want to become veterins one day (as it stands, the only LPs available are of newbie games aimed at people thinking of buying the game). This game looks like a nice opportunity to go for it. the plan would be to compile information while the game is im progress, and only begin to publish the LP after the game has finished.

To do this I would need 1-3 of you lot to volunteer to my new-player analysis (I would write up the one who survives longest), and then send me an email every turn including: both parts of the turn file (for before and after) and a quick summery of what messages you sent. I would also need you're pretender file at the beginning of the game.

you'd get your name in lights for no effort on your part, and we as a community would get a good resource for noobs to make their game more rigorous.

If other players are ok with this, my email address is in the database.
FYI I'm doing something very similar, for similar reasons profiling a game I'm in which is in its final stages (been working on it for months). Didn't want you to feel like I stole your thunder once you get dug in here. PM me if you're interested in collaborating on that, or by all means feel free to go forward on your own and I'll volunteer to participate on this one.
Old April 1st, 2011, 02:54 PM

Sergeant

Colonial is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the brillient reply folks. I got 3 PMs right away, so, barring a last minute veto by someone I will be going ahead with it. On the other hand, 3 empires is about the upper limit I am willing to faff about with and store on my machine, so your chance to put your name in lights is over, I'm afraid.

@ Baalz

thanks for the heads up and the spoiler on things to come. this is certainly an area where there is room for more than one contribution, and I will still have the distinction of being the first vets LP from a newbies perspective, which I am happy with.

If that is an offer to be a guinea pig, as I've said, three will be plenty, I'm afraid. I don't have as much time on my hands as that crazy guy on something awful who did an entire 10 player game. thanks for offering though.

--------------------------

So yeah, for the first 20-30 turns I think I will limit myself to gathering all the turn files, then have a look at writing something then. wish me luck...
Old April 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

@ All

A quick update on the map before I disappear for the night. I made some attempts to sort the starts out today, but I didn't get very far due to a stream of constant interruptions. (annoying people wanting me to do the job I'm paid for )

Although what time I did spend on the starts was enough to convince me that given the water distribution on the map, I'm going to have a hard time finding a spot for the lone water nation. As such I've taken a map editors decision to change the 2-province island (95+101) in the biggest lake to water provinces, so that R'yleh have an obvious and convenient (to everyone!) starting location. (it's marked with a ruin).

I will hopefully have time to sort the starts out tomorrow evening when I get home. Although if anyone objects to the changes I've made, please can you let Dimaz know so that he can inform me (I'm saying to let Dimaz know, as now that the nations are done, it's probably best not to post anything in the thread that doesn't have to be posted)

The new edited map is attached. I've also renamed it to reflect that the map has been altered specifically for this game.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Andalusian Sun Map.zip (1.11 MB, 162 views)
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

I was about to put up the game tonight (After checking with Dimaz, he prefers me to do it and just give him the password.) so people could start uplading pretenders, but it looks like none of the 3 mods we're using has already been uploaded, and I'm way too tired to go about figuring out what to upload, let alone writing the fancy description and finding shrapnel post numbers and what not. (Damn you, Llama! Why are you so organised? If you hadn't written all that stuff down so nicely I wouldn't have known I had to go to all that trouble.) I'll put it up first thing after getting home from work tomorrow. (Early afternoon)

In the meantime, for people in the know: Do I only have to upload the dm file of a mod to the Llamaserver (Since the other part is 'just' images I believe.) or does the server need the corresponding folder(s) too?
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

The game is up. (Temporarily using a previously-uploaded version of the Riverlands map, will change that as soon as Calahan finishes assigning start positions.) Time to upload preternders. Hurray!

By the way... I hope I guessed right here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
In the meantime, for people in the know: Do I only have to upload the dm file of a mod to the Llamaserver?
If not we might have a game running with 3 faulty mods. Feel free to correct my humble endeavours and/or mock me mercilessly if necessary.