This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:39 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road
Bug Unloading artillery in deployment map makes guns unmovable (+ another bug)

I was making a test run for a map I'm making and I was loading paratroopers to their planes. However the game missed my fast typing (which occasionally happens) and instead of N L D (next-load-platoon) combination I type N D (next load-all). On top reads "[L]oad or [u]nload all (Esc to cancel)"
I press Esc, yet the game loads all the planes with my units, including HQ.

After a couple of swear words I unload everything and I find that my Giatsint-B guns are separated from their crew. The crew is movable but I can't reattach the crew to the gun or move the gun.

This happened using a Russian troops in year 2010, the plane was An-32 and guns were Giantsint-B's.

Please fix at least the Esc to cancel functionality.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmnt For This Useful Post:
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:40 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unloading artillery in deployment map makes guns unmovable (+ another bug)

Not a bug that is what is supposed to happen guns & vehicles seperate from there crews when loaded into air transport as they drop that way. They cannot recombine till game start so dont unload them once they are onboard.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:14 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unloading artillery in deployment map makes guns unmovable (+ another bug)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Not a bug that is what is supposed to happen guns & vehicles seperate from there crews when loaded into air transport as they drop that way. They cannot recombine till game start so dont unload them once they are onboard.
Quite so. See Game Guide -> Release History -> WinspMBT Version 4.5 Upgrade patch, bullet point 36

So be careful when loading things into aircraft as they may well be split for paradrops. Also - avoid using the 'load all' option. it is an 'AI load' and can make a complete scrambled egg of different intermingled formations since it tries for a maximal fit into the taxis.

If you do load crewed things into a transport plane and they get split then you can place the element and its crew (make sure it is the right crew) together in the same hex. They will recombine on move 1, as for split tanks and crews.

cheers
Andy
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Regardless, there us a bug in the Esc code that will be looked into. Esc us being treated like L when you are in the loading process but if they are loaded and you press N D then Esc works correctly, it does not unload already loaded aircraft

Don

Last edited by DRG; July 22nd, 2010 at 02:13 PM..
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:59 PM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The bug is that I can't move that piece of artillery to the hex of my choice so they'll be recombined. Of course I could probably lift the gun with an airplane and drop it then to a suitable hex, but could the unloading in the deployment phase work so that the crews are reattached on unloading if they are on the same hex?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:55 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnt View Post
Quote:
The bug is that I can't move that piece of artillery to the hex of my choice so they'll be recombined. Of course I could probably lift the gun with an airplane and drop it then to a suitable hex, but could the unloading in the deployment phase work so that the crews are reattached on unloading if they are on the same hex?
Guns without crews and unmanned vehicles are simply decorations to the game system, and not units. The crew is the unit. So you cannot move them.

There is no "combine right now" command, combining is an administrative function buried in the end-turn code.

The moral really is be very careful what you unload off planes, since unloading vehicles/guns is a pain. You have a work-around as you mention - unload the plane at the point you want the split unit to later combine, should you subsequently decide to offload from a transport plane.

Meanwhile - I will see if there may be a way to provide a hotkey to combine non-passenger crews in the deployment phase.

Cheers
Andy