Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2006, 06:16 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Chucks Trolling

Quote:
Mobhack said:
Chuck

Have you actually read the manual for the game?. It seems not, as the fitst section on the first page is entitled What is WinSPWW2?.

And if you read that section you will see:
Quote:

One unit playing piece represents one vehicle or gun, or an infantry section or squad of up to 19 men or a section of 1 to 4 support weapons

Should you bring up a valid point, we may feel it necessary to adjust the issue OOBS, however we are not going to get into endless repetetive arguments about whether some rifle should be 2 or 3 HE kill points, or some section 10 men or 11.

We have already pointed you to the Mobhack editor, where you can make minor adjustments to adjust the game OOBS to suit your particular world-view.

Now, on the old abandoned Yahoo message board, you got into endless circular arguments about anti-tank rifles and whether 5mm of armour should count as 1 cm or whatever. This obsessive focussing on game trivia led you to getting banned from there as a "troll". As did "Leopold Leo" for similar behaviour.

You are rapidly going that way on this board.

Trolling is forbidden under the board rules (you can see these if you click on the link on the top right of the message board screen). It can lead to your account being terminated.

Cheers
Andy
Hi Andy
As this post has nothing to do with TOEs I thought I had best post it to this other forum for my reply.
You infer I havnt brought forward a valid point, but this is wrong, just in the short time this forum has been operating I have improved the game by pointing out that FG42 range was wrong, Motor panzergrenadier actually drove round in Protze not Opel pre 43, and that grenadier squads have a 2 LMG squad, all referenced. None of this would have come to light if I had not persisted against slurs and calls to shut up from various posters. You may think these things are trivia but the level of detail the game has is its greatest asset you should applaud those that are improving it rather than slandering them.
Slander? yes indeed
I was never banned from the DOS forum for this game for trolling or any other reason. Leo was but that was because he made an unfortunate remark about the iraq war.
Having reread my posts and the rules it is ridiculous to consider them trolling. They can be long but that is because I take the trouble to answer posters that are either stonewalling or havent bothered to read the post.
There are in fact some trolls operating in this forum and im not one of them, however From now on I will take the trouble to point out troll behavior when applied to me.
Regards Chuck.
Old June 14th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Private

Helm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chucks Trolling

Slander ?????? *shakes head* oh dearie dearie me
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:12 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Chuck

I cannot really recall if you were banned from the Yahoo message board or not for your obsessive-compulsive postings on minute trivia. (I no longer have my login to the dead Yahoo group to check).

But I do seem to recall you being slapped down for it. Anti tank rifles and minute trivia about whether 5mm of armour should be classed as 1 point and so on, because you wanted the game system to work in millimeters of armour.

It is not your initial point that makes the problem (it may actually be something worth checking), it is your obsesssive-compulsive behaviour, and continuous postings about the same thing over and over in a circular argument .

We only have to look at your "FG42" thread for a sample of this in action. What most posters would handle with a single post querying a trivial data point and we would then easily sort with one reply back once we had got round to it, you blow up into a 40 odds post "tis-tisn't" argument by mainly repeating yourself. You also expect instant replies, and expect us to agree with you, and if not, then oh, dear - we are off into your endless circular argument routine.

We have explained to you repeatedly that the game data cannot be everything to all players. And that is why we provide the Mobhack editor, so you can adjust things to suit [/b]your[/b] particular view of "reality". However, you seem quite incapable of grasping this concept.

So consider yourself warned. If you cannot learn to behave in a reasonable manner, we will have to look at banning you from posting on this board.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:24 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Since the user name "Chuckfourh" may well be a deliberate troll identity, as that splits to "Chuck forth" i.e to spew, up-chuck, talk to the big white telephone etc. it is best to treat him as a troll. The best way to deal with a troll, on any message board, is "do not feed the trolls" - i.e. do not reply to them. Just ignore them.

I would therfore encourage any other members of this board to try to avoid answering any of chucks posts, as it merely serves to feed chuckforth's obsessive behaviour.

We will give him a little longer on the board to see if he can develop a sensible attitute, but it is best to leave any replies to this person to moderators, for now. We will see if his future attitude adjusts, or if he continues on in the same manner, and hence proves he justifies banning.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:59 PM

Private

Helm is on a distinguished road

*hides pointy stick troll poking for the use of* I wasn't doing nuffin honest
Old June 16th, 2006, 06:28 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy
well it takes two to tango doesnt it, and in these endless circular arguments there is someone else who has the opposite view who is also posting but hey no there not trolls are they? And what about the BAR thread? Halving the firepower of most of the American infantry in the game. pretty trivial? really? Nor are the threads circular they progress, but because they include some discussion that makes me a troll? Its not me that blows them up into 40 threads its the gamey players that dont want to see there favorite countries suffer from a change. Usually posting rubbish. I actually present a reasoned argument. And no I do not expect instant or for that matter any replies. Nor do I expect anyone to agree with me I do however dispute the bias, ignorant and partisan posts that usually appear.
What is the purpose of this forum if not to discus the merits of the game?
Very clearly not guilty but of course because I have answered your post I guess this is just another example of me trolling?
However I do have a 2 ft long warty nose
Old June 16th, 2006, 09:14 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Gentlemen,

I don't see any good coming out of this thread, so I think it is better for everyone to lock it.

cheers,
Pyros
Closed Thread