This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This may be O.T but i was just wondering...

My duty was 12 months in the finnish army Karelian Brigade 2000-2001, Jaeger squad leader, nowadays Sergeant First Class, Platoon 2nd in command. As grunt as it gets.
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Finland.gif[/img]
Old March 29th, 2006, 05:53 AM

Private

OGBerger is on a distinguished road

Hey Mustang who are you to judge the trusty maintenance guys that keep the AFVs up runing and guning , at least I'm appealed by this game.

Served as conscript in Bundeswehr 4th Maintenance-Btl for 12 months. Mostly Staff work, you know shuffling around papers and hours of doom at a photocopy machine. You really learn to hate these things after having to do 6 copys of a 150 page manual one page at a time.

Regardless of this staff stuff managed to get two times into winter/alpine-skiing course, some rangetime and some opfor duty for bootcamp, nice change to the boredom.
Old March 30th, 2006, 12:32 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road

How was the German Army? I heard after 1945 it was made more beaurucratic along US Army lines and lost a lot of its old Prussian and WWII skill. Is this true?
Old March 30th, 2006, 12:54 PM

Private

grasovka is on a distinguished road

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xUHI6w87y3c

see the German Army in action :>
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:53 PM

Private

Bishop746 is on a distinguished road

Anyone here serve in the Austrailian Army? I was reading about the Australian army sending troops to the Soloman islands and I noticed in a picturetheir infantry weapon was some form of the Steyr-Aug system.

Do they manufacture a licenced version of their weapons or do they buy them from a supplier?

Just interested.
Old April 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road

I served an exchange in Bosnia with the Kiwi contingent in 1995. Yes, both NZ and Australia use the Steyr as their service rifle and carbine. I am also fairly certain that they produce them on license. To round out their small arms package they use the FN minimi 5.56mm as an LMG, the FN-MAG 7.62 as GPMG, 9mm Sig Saur as pistol and browning .50cal HMG. Popular opinion among them was that the steyr rifle was a good service rifle but was a bad match for use with the minimi because they use different magazines.
Old June 16th, 2006, 02:18 AM

Private

User_no_longer_active is on a distinguished road

Hi! Saw this post and thought it was high-time to sign up!
I served in the Australian Army for 7 years, RAEME attached to infantry bn and recon/mech regt. Did a 4-month jungle-warfare training tour to RMAF Butterworth with MOUT training in Singapore.
Yep, we use the Steyr and Minimi, both licensed-produced in Australia. Aussie designations: F-88 (Steyr) and F-89 (Minimi). When I discharged (2001) we still used M-79's; the MAG-58 (FN GPMG) was being reintroduced at the section level to provide more hitting power (rumour had it 1 Minimi and 1 MAG-58 per section); 9mm Browning; 66mm M-72 LAW; 84mm Carl Gustav. The Australian Army doesn't train soldiers to use the magazine slot on the F-89 so there aren't really any gripes about the weapon, at least none that I heard. The Steyr is also fairly well liked due to it's light weight and optic sight (just put the target in the black circle and squeeze the trigger). The under-slung grenade launcher was introduced for Timor in 2001. It was being trialled at the time and was rushed into service. The Kiwis had it before us!
A question for the old salts on here: what do you think of repair/recovery units? They could work the same way as ammo units: placed near the damaged/immobilized vehicle for a number of turns and then you get a repaired/recovered, battle ready vehicle. I know the time frame of 3-5 turns isn't realistic. It would be for playability and interest, and if you didn't like it you wouldn't have to use it.
Any thoughts DRG and Mobhack? Also, how do I make icons? I saw a post on here where someone made an AH-56.
Thanks!!
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:39 AM

Private

reconraider is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it takes 6 admins to put 1 marine grunt in the field. But every1 in the Corps is a rifleman. Did DesertShield/Storm/OpRestoreHope as M249 gunner and was a Fire Team Leader. Did Panama as FAST Co. 6th Platoon out of Norfolk(Fleet Anti-terrorist Security Team). Did L.A. Riots and the Virginia Beach Riots a few years before that.
Old July 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Private

PN79 is on a distinguished road

Hallo
I served as conscript in Czech army in 1998/99 (one year). Since 2004 I am in active reserve as squad leader.
I was originally trained for mechanised squad but now I am in pure infantry unit with sentry duties.
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:30 PM

Private

Steph is on a distinguished road

I've spent 10 months in the French air force in 1998, in the time we still had conscript.
But I was detached in the French Civil Aviation University programming software, so not a very "military" role.