BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old June 10th, 2008, 02:36 AM

Private

fossiili is on a distinguished road
Default Kokoda-Trail from July to October 1942

I am interested in the Kokoda-Trail fight on 7-10/1942 in New Guinea.

In SPWAW there is a larger map describing the area around Kokoda Village the airstip and Bowang River included. I have played SPWAW fights with two of my Finnish frends using that map. Perhaps we could generate (startting from a random map and edit it a bit) a map for our battle? That one can do in SPWAW, propably also in SPWW2.

I am not an experienced SPWW2 player, but I hope I could find somebody interested in taking a SPWW2 PBEM game with me. I hope I could get some information of if there are some real differences between SPWW2 and SPWAW

Waiting for your answer
Old January 14th, 2009, 02:39 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kokoda-Trail from July to October 1942

I have not got time to play at present but if that area intrests you I suggest you have a play with the map editor it is far more powerfull than SPWAWs. The airstrip represented on that map is probably far to small so you could make it more realistic.
Remember you are not restricted to little maps 200x160 is your limit now.
It does take some practice to get the map generator to do what you want but try typing in the Batloc number for that location as a start then hand finnish.

The biggest diffrence I found when swaped over & it took me a while to grasp is units do not fire at any & everything. Once you get the hang of its a better system but you will probably be wondering why your tank did not fire back to start with.
Seems to take more into account so low hit chance wont fire, low hit chance & low chance to kill definetly wont fire unless fired on.
Also seems to me takes a very breif amount of time for information to travel so a tank 30 hexes away from the unit being fired on does not know its there till it takes another shot, if its out of radio contact it would have to see it.
Very hard to explain best thing is to play & study for a bit.

The other main change if remember how WAW worked is command & control is abstracted so being out of contact slowly adds suppression to that unit & can lead to pinning it, there getting upset because they are lost if you like.

Hope that was of some use & like I say trying to explain fire routines is way harder than a bit of hands on play.
One more thing dug in units realy are in this game hard to see & hard to kill.
Oh & esecially if have the new patch using arty is much harder read the manual routines are diffrent.
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kokoda-Trail from July to October 1942

if we can get/build the maps i take your challenge