This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 5th, 2017, 11:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone ever played Right-hand vs. Left-hand?

OK I'm processing all these tips and see what works best.
From reading all these, I think it's brilliant idea to set up "pre-turn" disposition & orders (for each turn), based on "what that side actually sees & experiences". And that order will be carried out to the utmost. Also assigning some units to AI control seems a very good idea.

Thank you everyone! I'll report back and see what I've got.

Cheers!
Old February 6th, 2017, 03:34 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post
OK I'm processing all these tips and see what works best.
From reading all these, I think it's brilliant idea to set up "pre-turn" disposition & orders (for each turn), based on "what that side actually sees & experiences". And that order will be carried out to the utmost. Also assigning some units to AI control seems a very good idea.

Thank you everyone! I'll report back and see what I've got.

Cheers!
Can confirm playing with part of your force controled by the AI is certainly diffrent, you do end up coming to the rescue or sometimes think stop advancing I need to find that weapon. Sometimes however your AI can pull off a few localised good actions especially after the recon by death phase is over.
Played as the reserve but going to try leading the way & doing the scouting next time it might be more beneficial, I can fall back if needs be. Also next time I get a decent air role going to buy some & hand them all over to the AI airforce.
Old February 6th, 2017, 07:59 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Certainly taking over the Recce as well as the armour would be a good choice while letting the AI handle the infantry with you doing your best to support the infantry wherever armoured support is needed most would be a good use of this variation.
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2017, 06:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

Brainstorm:

-There's a master plan (pre-game), and there are ad-hoc plans (mid-game). Ad-hoc plans can only be created if enemy dispositions are known, i.e own units get fired upon, enemy units spotted, smoke pops up, artillery fires, z fires, etc, in essence anything that is tangible, visible, and has already happened, NOT based on intuitions, whims, taking-sides, etc. Preferably plans are quite simple.

-Dice roll to define which plan gets taken for each formation. This will detach even more from the player's God-ability.

-Multiple battles (i.e multiple formations), with each battle's result defining the course of action for the other battles.

-Use scen/battle editor to simulate prolonged battles (fatigue, low ammo, low fuel, replacements, time of day, weather, etc). Units are still taken raw from the previous battle. If one side gets exterminated, create a fresh one for it so the battle may continue (new mission, new enemy).

-Etc.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

Brainstorm:

-Assign formations to computer (waypoints) until contact is made. Possibly do a dice roll every turn, which formations are automated. Once contact is made, manual control.

-Each side has some locations (e.g hex coordinates) that define supply routes. Preferably at rear and/or rear-flanks. If those locations are taken by opposing side, and the battle continues for the next round (prolonged, e.g night battle), units get lower morale, lower ammo, and less movement for vehicles to simulate failure to resupply.
Old April 18th, 2018, 06:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Necroing because another idea came to mind:

First of all you need a dice. Either use a web-based application like random.org or an actual dice, whichever you prefer. Then roll the dice for player 1. Use some modifiers for extra flavor, some that come to mind are:

+1 if NATO vs. Soviet game (better command and control)
+1 if advancing (attacker has initiative)
+2 if assaulting (the above, plus time for better preparation of the offensive)

Then roll the dice and assign the modifiers above if applicable. The result is the number of turns you play as the player in question. After that repeat the above process for the other player.

Example: Player 1 is USSR in an assault scenario. Rolls a 4 and adds 2 since it is assault. End result 6. You play as the Soviet player for 6 turns. After that, you play as USA. You roll 4 again. Since it is USA vs. USSR you add 1, end result 5. So you play as USA for 5 turns. Repeat until the scenario ends.

I'm not sure about the number of dice needed and the modifiers, but you get the general idea. I'll probably try it for a couple of scenarios and tell you the results.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old April 18th, 2018, 07:04 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Anyone ever played Right-hand vs. Left-hand?

Interesting way, apparently to playtest scenarios. Yeah, eager to know how it works for you.

So, to be clear, after each number of turns, save the scenario and upon restart change sides?

Thanks.

Old April 19th, 2018, 03:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
Interesting way, apparently to playtest scenarios. Yeah, eager to know how it works for you.

So, to be clear, after each number of turns, save the scenario and upon restart change sides?

Thanks.
Exactly. In the above example, at turn 6 you save game, restart with switching to the USA side and proceed as usual.