Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

This is going to be a two part answer and question

First. There are no unit numbers listed in the encyclopedia anywhere. You can see unit numbers when purchasing *IF* you have "Show ID Numbers" = YES found in the Game Options screen under the MISC tab. If that is set to yes you will see formation numbers to the left of the formations of the purchase menu and to the left of the units after you select a formation you want. As I recal that is set to NO as default. For obvious reason I have it on all the time. "Normal" players rarely need to know that info.

The very, very best way to get the info I need to eliminate the guesswork about which unit people my be refering to is by using MOBHack. I assume ( yes... we all know what ASSUME stands for.....) that anyone working with OOB issues would be using MOBHack not the game as there are all kinds of ways to find and change things quickly built into MOBHack. So that brings me to the second part of this post

You say at the very start.....

Quote:
A1. USA/JUN 2010/M1A1 SA/ED/RESET/As in the game. Mods needed per refs above existing M1A1 ABRAM levels. Improved electronics and sensors, improved armor against IEDs and mines and can be in theater upgraded with the urban TUSK pkg. Recommend base and mirror unit w/TUSK up armor pkg.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...a-tanks-02535/
http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/03/05...t-at-anniston/
OK....... in the USA OOB in the game there are 5 M1A1's still in service in 2010. Two are MCBS and I'm not concerned with those. That leaves three and all are already upgrades above a "standard" M1A1

#484 = M1A1HA+ Abrams ( a standard MBT )
#636 = M1A1 AIM ( National Guard formations )
#650 = M1A1HA+ Abrams ( CS )

#484 is already up to M1A2 standards so I don't know what mods I should make to "Mods needed per refs above existing M1A1 ABRAM levels " unless the M1A1's have been upgrade to M1A2 SEP levels and if that's the case the M1A2 SEP is right there in the game.

Don

Last edited by DRG; November 15th, 2010 at 05:31 PM..
Old November 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Here's another one

Quote:
A3. USA/JAN 1977 – DEC 1986/M60A1 RISE Passive/C4/RB 105mm L51 M68 w/63 Rds, M240 7.62mm w/5.9 Rds & M85 12.7mm w/900 Rds.The USA developed the ERA packages late in the life of this tank but, never to be used them. The development of the M60A3, M60A3 TTS and the dawn of the M1 stopped this. The USMC actually got them from the USA stocks during Desert Shield prior to combat operations. RISE Passive was the pinnacle of the M60A1 MBT.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ound/m60a1.htm
http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/tank/M60.html
Post #73.
How would a M60A1 RISE Passive in game terms differ in any significant way than a M60A3 Patton ( USA unit #19 ) ?

Compare this to the USMC M60A1 Rise ( USMC unit #19 by total coincidence ).

Aside from the one point stabilizer difference and the one point difference in cost ? Could it be that these A3's are suppose to be A1 RISE and the TTS is the only real A3as seems to be suggested here http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ound/m60a3.htm

???

Don

Last edited by DRG; November 15th, 2010 at 07:26 PM..
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:47 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,232 Times in 921 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Don,
To the M1A1 SA/ED & Iraqi SA, thank god I didn't delete my refs yet as I think I missed one to put in. I saw some mention of an advanced
M1A1 tank to be designated M1A1M. It appears that the M1A1 SA/ED (SA) is the bridge to that tank. Please refer to I believe A2 ref 1 and I think it was 3. The M1A1M is not the M1A1 AIM as this is treated separately in this ref I believe I forgot to supply. It seems the three differences I see from other M1A1 tanks is;
1. New advanced FLIR sight (Possible increase to TI/GSR in line w/MERKAVA 4?).
2. New advanced Driver THERMAL sight, game enhancement I don't know unless it helps w/target acquisition somehow.
3. New Commanders target/weapons stabilization system. This sounds like a plus to FC?
This ref, about mid way down, right side has a M1A1 SA drawing you can click on to show the enhancements at a glance. SA/ED adds blue force locator and another electronic enhancement that I can't remember at the moment but is given I think in the first ref to cover the USA M1A1 SA/ED.
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/abrams/ Look to para next to gunners station picture to right side.
We've touched on this no new tanks means too many variations of existing ones. I assure everyone it'll be my mission to cut out the crap (Can I say that? Well I guess I did!) in these countries to make room. Hope this helped some.

Regards,
Pat
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Submitted the US Army M60A1 RISE/Passive only because I saw it as an omission. That tank represented the pinnacle of the M60A1 series. Just filling the gap between the M60A1 to M60A3 tanks for the US Army. I'd rather trade an "extra" variation of the
M60A1 by deletion to get this one in because it's vision would be better than any M60A1.

Regards,
Pat
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Here's a quick possible solution for the M60A1 issue to get the RISE/Passive in. I used the USA encyclopedia page 1, there are two M60A1 tanks on that page with the following info.
1. JAN 1962 - DEC 1973 HE 18, AP 0, SABOT 20 and HEAT 25.

2. JAN 1974 - DEC 1984 HE 18, AP 0, SABOT 25 and HEAT 20.

If ammo load-out is the only issue here that I can see at a quick look and all other factors are the same, then why not just have one M60A1 JAN 1962 - DEC 1984 with the ammo load-out as desired, though latter from above would be best against the Warsaw Pact tank heavy units of the day. Is this a possible area of economy in the game to open further slots? Already looking in the 2nd or 3rd (If needed.) post to recommend deletions (About 10) for the U.S. alone.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Pat
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Don,
Here's a quick possible solution for the M60A1 issue to get the RISE/Passive in. I used the USA encyclopedia page 1, there are two M60A1 tanks on that page with the following info.
1. JAN 1962 - DEC 1973 HE 18, AP 0, SABOT 20 and HEAT 25.

2. JAN 1974 - DEC 1984 HE 18, AP 0, SABOT 25 and HEAT 20.

If ammo load-out is the only issue here that I can see at a quick look and all other factors are the same, then why not just have one M60A1 JAN 1962 - DEC 1984 with the ammo load-out as desired, though latter from above would be best against the Warsaw Pact tank heavy units of the day. Is this a possible area of economy in the game to open further slots? Already looking in the 2nd or 3rd (If needed.) post to recommend deletions (About 10) for the U.S. alone.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Pat

Pat..... You REALLY ( really ..) have to start working with MOBHack and using that as references. I really ( really ..) do not have time to stop what I'm doing, open the game, go to the encyclopaedia, guess which items you are referring to ......( because if you have the CD version to the game, and I hope you do, there are a dozen different way to filter the entries and I can only ASSUME which way you are doing it ).....then open up MOBHack and try to find them. ( really.....). Looking through the encyclopaedia for information to make corrections that will ultimately be made in MOBHack just does not cut it

However, in this case those two units ( units 16 and 18 in the US OOB.... I think ! ) have a GUN upgrade not just rearranging the ammo ( weapons 95 and 96 ) that increases Sabot Pen by 5 and sabot range by 10 which has the effect of increasing sabot pen further at closer ranges so neither of those units can , should, or will be deleted.

Don
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Don,
Submitted the US Army M60A1 RISE/Passive only because I saw it as an omission. That tank represented the pinnacle of the M60A1 series. Just filling the gap between the M60A1 to M60A3 tanks for the US Army. I'd rather trade an "extra" variation of the
M60A1 by deletion to get this one in because it's vision would be better than any M60A1.

Regards,
Pat
Pat, here's where a bit of time with MOBHack would clarify how things are done and why this wasn't included in the US OOB

You want the RISE Passive in the game from 1977 to the end of 1986. However, "game reality" intrudes on real reality.

There is a gun upgrade ( ammo really but that's the way the game works.....we upgrade the whole gun ) in the game in 1978. It is not practical to add a unit for one year with the older gun simply because we are running out of slots in the USA OOB and in 1979 the M60A3 enters service which gives better FC and a better gun stabilizer. So , to be practical about it we could add the RISE passive in 1978 with the ammo/gun upgrade and leave it in service until 1984 ( when the next gun ammo upgrade occurs) but it would only be a really useful upgrade for one year.....1978.

In a perfect world where I would have unlimited unit slots available I would add your RISE Passive in 1977 with the older ammo then add another one in 1978 with the newer one but the game reality is there are only 36 empty slots left in the USA OOB and using up one or two for tank that only gives a small FC and stabilizer increase for a very shot period of time isn't really pactical

Don
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
A5. CANADA/NOV 2010/LEOPARD 2A4M CAN/RESET/As in the game. Mods needed per refs above existing LEOPARD 2A4 levels.
The improvements are primarily in all around armor protection against IEDs and mines. And some sensor upgrades. Don't know but is the thermal site on the turret pictured below on the frontal view new as well?
http://www.kmweg.de/2922-YWt0X3BhZ2U...ws_detail.html
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/18620/
http://www.janes.com/news/defence/id...1018_1_n.shtml
http://communities.canada.com/ottawa...ghanistan.aspx

Pics:
Attachment 10617 Attachment 10618

M3. Mod: TURKEY/JUN 2008 - DEC 2020./LEOPARD A1T and A4T UPGRADE/As in the game. Mods needed per refs above LEOPARD A1T & A4. Rough guess on the start field date, upgrade was completed in NOV 2009. I've also seen some blog information to suggust the A1T recieved some armor upgrades as well, it makes sense considering the investment in this system, however unless I missed it I can't provide you with anything concrete. Your call on the armor.
http://www.defensenews.com/story.php...59&c=EUR&s=LAN
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/home/projects/...d1A1A1A4T.aspx
http://www.aselsan.com.tr/urun.asp?urun_id=79&lang=en

C6. Change: TURKEY/ End Dates to DEC 2020 as needed./LEOPARD series up to and including A4T/As in the game. Mods needed per refs above LEOPARD A1T. The LEOPARD A1 T is the first version purchased by Turkey and just completed a major overhaul of it's FC and associated systems in NOV 2009.
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/ar...hp/t-2324.html
http://www.turkishworld.multiservers.com/equipment.html
Pat
RE the various armour upgrades being made to the former German Leo 2a4's

Is there any source that even hints ( a little bit )that these may be close or more or less effective than say .......... the armour package on the 2a6's ? Most of this is a WAG at the best of times but we try to make changes based on some concrete information besides.. " well, they say they've upgraded beyond what it was in the mid 90's in Germany so lets add 10% more all around just becasue".

Don
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
I agree with your points, we'll stop (I'll) chasing our "tails" on the U.S. Army M60A1 RISE/Passive for the sake of historical accuracy (This is not a knock!), let's I strongly agree let it go.
Also for the sake speed I wanted to get responses back to you, so sorry for the extra work on your part to this point. But when I had a few moments I did go to MOHACK and what a great tool! I like the unit search mode and you'll be glad to know that I've already have started converting my other recommendations to come to this mode. I don't know what everything is I'm looking at (Time issue for now.) is but enough to get you what you need.
As a preview for the CHANGE category to come are USMC SPOOKY Unit 573 and LAV-AD Unit 050 or 054, or both, that I'll have to sort out with the encyclopedia. A simple Yes or No response if I'm on the track with these would do in tagging these items for you when get them posted with the info I have on them. As I've indicated many more CHANGE(s) and
DELETE(s) to come in next post.

Thanks again for reducing some of the BLISS in INGORANCE!
Time to get ready to start my work week have great day all!

Regards,
Pat
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
New advanced Driver THERMAL sight, game enhancement I don't know unless it helps w/target acquisition somehow.
Not likely.

Quote:
3. New Commanders target/weapons stabilization system. This sounds like a plus to FC?
I am not the greatest living expert about the abrams, but the above sounds like it is talking about the commander MG which is a RWS in some versions. An improvement there should not affect main gun FC, so it does nothing game wise.

Quote:
SA/ED adds blue force locator and another electronic enhancement that I can't remember at the moment but is given I think in the first ref to cover the USA M1A1 SA/ED.
Again it does not register. You already get blue force locator by default with the game mechanics, even if you are playing with afghan militia circa 1949.

Really, a lot of significant improvements in real life simply mean nothing as far as the game is concerned. Belly armor? It isn't an adjustable parameter. Air conditioning? Cannot be simulated. Lower fuel consumption? Irrilevant. It is a issue of game scope, mechanics etc.

In addition to the above there is a question of economy. Aside from shortage of units slots which make fitting every single Abrams variant and subvariant, and there are quite a few of them (a result of the overlapping of various modernization programs), not practical there is also the issue of worth.
In principle for example I could still have added a small number of additional pages of suggested improvements to the iraqi OOB ground units, but it would have been a case of extra work for diminishing returns, the basics for a decently accurate gameplay having already been covered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marcello For This Useful Post: