.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 30th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RP-Heavy Late Era Game (Accepting Players) --

Late age nations currently without players:

Arcoscephale
Abysia
Midgård (or Pan, depending on upstreamedge, see JaydedOne's post a little bit above)
Utgård
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

Love LA Atlantis, actually. I think their bless units are wonderful, they get little harpoony fishies to hold enemies in place for the nasty spells their nation gets, and they and Mictlan have a lot of options for returning to the sea so that R'lyeh doesn't maintain sole dominance. I think if you play a practice game or two before we get going, you'll find they're better than advertised. I was pleasantly surprised.

As for the questions:

1) No graphs. Having them wouldn't be much fun, would it? Let the knowledge be shared as it's garnered in-character.

2) I can do a collect-and-distribute on e-mails if people like. Just remember that all alliance-building prior to game start HAS to be done on the public IC thread. After that, use the IC thread for public missives and private e-mail/game interface for private missives. Ideally, you'll all save your private missives and post them to the IC thread as retrospectives once the game is over.
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Corporal

upstreamedge is on a distinguished road

I am defiantly Pan
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:27 PM

Captain

Quote:
JaydedOne said:and they and Mictlan have a lot of options for returning to the sea so that R'lyeh doesn't maintain sole dominance.
Hey hey hey, Atlantis isn't returning to sea, for they never left it first place. Just... misplaced their latest capital to some shore, but hey, it's so near, they practically wet their feet every day, it's as if they never left. Don't give R'lyeh any ideas about "sole dominance" of the seas.

Agreed on the sacreds, they're lovely. And me complaining a bit beforehand about my nation doesn't mean I wouldn't hold dear every little guy when I use them to sweep the floor with you guys.

Re: emails. I've just noticed in prior dom2 games that being on a different continent shortens the communication window considerably when the things are getting rough. So at some times it might be necessary to discuss stuff during working hours. And I probably won't be able to post on forums from work. Emails, on the other hand, no-one's asking questions about them. But that's just my preference.
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:37 PM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road

Given the amount of people joining, has EVERYONE made sure to carefully read the rules? I'd rather not see half the people stale out later on in the game just because they've "lost interest". Also, as a challenge to Atlantis, the sea may be open but Ryleh welcomes your /attempt/ to return ...
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

Later tonight when I post the map, I'll be asking all players to PM me with their e-mail addresses to be shared amongst players AND with a written confimation that they've read and agree to abide by all the rules, including the no-drop promise. If they drop at that point, then there's not much else we can do except bar them from joining future games. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Once the map's posted, I'll set up the server (which I might need some help with from an experienced hand), begin accepting pretenders, and open the IC thread for Turn 0 introductions. Game is still set to begin a week from today.
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:57 PM

Corporal

Kydorias is on a distinguished road

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to this. This will be my first multiplayer game of Dom but what better way to do it than through some good RP. So if I do play like a noob, writing about the glorious demise of an empire can be just as fun as writing about its ascendancy
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:58 PM

Captain

Quote:
KissBlade said:Ryleh welcomes your return ...
With open tentacles, I'm sure. As Atlantis is apparently hard-coded to start on a coastal province I fail to see how you could justify me not taking every capital-bordering province short of declaring war based on trash-talking in the OOC-thread before the game has even started. Lots of time for that after the IC-thread is set up.

On the other hand, I believe it's common knowledge that everyone in R'lyeh is a raving madman nowadays, so I shouldn't count on rational behaviour too much.
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:00 PM

First Lieutenant

YellowCactus is on a distinguished road

My opinion only here, but expect a portion of the players to drop. Some always do. Gathering a list of potential sitters could be valuable at some point. Role-Play is awesome, and encouraging it is all you can really hope to do.
-yc

Oh, I'll take Acro, Please.
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

I expect drops. I'm just doing my best to discourage them.

Gathering a cadre of sitters though is likely a good plan, although always hard to pull off until you're in the moment and know what a person's present commitments are.