.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old October 19th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Corporal

Phlagm is on a distinguished road
Default In the spirit of giving away mod stuff....BSG

In the period between the death of my PC and the release of 1.22 for OS X, I did a considerable amount of work on a BSG mod. Most of the work was art-related, and I actually think I have a crash bug in the mod itself (which isn't working yet, it's only a skeleton).

If nobody takes this up, I may get back to it after the conclusion of the series, but here are my brainstorm ideas:

1) almost none of the human ships will have weapons. Some missiles on the Defender, and guns on BSG and Pegasus only...well and the fighters. Maybe missiles on the raptors, who would have some ECM. This means that in the battles you'll mostly have to keep the fleet back, pull galactica around to the side (because it doesn't have a forward battery) and cover the retreat. Consequently, the flee time should be expanded a great deal to make it a chore to cover the escaping fleet.

2) the three choices are COlonial one, BSG, and Pegasus. With colonial 1, and BSG the starts are similar, you run around and find ships, and meet up with an armedBSG at ragnar. As BSG, you would encounter Colonial one in a fleet with some other ships, perhaps. Also, you would start gunless, and have to get to ragnar. As pegasus, you would find BSG far away with colonial 1 and everything else.

3) there are lots of quests, tylium asteroid, water hunt, attack of the resurrection ship, etc, Kobol, starbuck crashing.

4) Weapons there are all placeholders. YOu need to simulate what is on the shows. Also I was going to put fighterbays on the sides of pegasus that launched fancy vipers and one that launched raptors. On BSG I was intending to do 1 with Mk7's, one with raptors and 2 or three with Mk2 vipers. On the other side, instead of fighter bays, I was going to put a gift shop installed device.

5) Ships that are missing: stealth ship, and resurrection ship.

6) other ideas I had: Make a bunch of cylon ships turned at various angles, so that you maintain that random alignment look.

7) Make the battle music that drumming sound like in teh fights (maybe twice) and then a looooooooooong nothing. That way it won't drum you to insanity, but would come in periodically to keep you feeling tense.

8) Start all ships with hyperdrive, to simulate the FTL. Time isn't a big issue in this game. Change sound and effects for that.

9) There aren't many items to be found. But that's fine. This mod would be much different from others. I was considering making a system where you INCV tylium -1 every time you jump and maybe put in variables for water or ammo too. This makes it so that you HAVE to find new sources of fuel and water or you will fail. Instead of finding items, you then find tylium reserves.

10) Elminate all shields and mod the system damage on ships so that everything won't immediately break.

Have fun! And if you have any questions, email me. I had TONS more ideas, but that's part of the problem.
Old October 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Corporal

chabex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: In the spirit of giving away mod stuff....BSG

Aaargh... I could not download the mod!!!
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:14 PM

Corporal

It is rather massive, and isn't actually a playable mod. Many of the ships appear in some form in the simulator, but that's it.
Old November 27th, 2007, 06:39 AM

Private

charliecooper is on a distinguished road

I would like to play this mod, but it is showing the attachment as unavailable.
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM

Corporal

It's not a playable mod. I'll reattach it when I get the chance, but you're not missing much. I'm all freshly stoked from watching Razor. Since I doubt anyone else will take up the mantle, I might do it over break.