.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 29th, 2012, 02:22 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawidget View Post
...the worst random **** that happened to me was having the bad luck of building my first castle on a disease-causing site ...
I've done this two games in a row now. It is really very, very, very annoying! (The first castle in one game, the second in the next.) So yeah, I totally share your pain.

If you are interested, I am going to start a game in the next week or two with fixed starts to give everyone a decent starting goal. And with this game, if you really are hating it that bad you can post for a sub - although looking at the graphs, I think your position is likely to be quite salvegable. And if all else fails, just take solace in not being Arco! :-)
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM

Corporal

Lung Drago is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Heh, I don't know about you guys, but reading all those tragic stories in this game actually makes it fun Most of us are getting screwed, which makes it pretty much even. Lol.

Oh, and sea lanes are really insane. It's pretty standard to get a "Hello neighbour!" PM from someone I didn't even know I neighbor, until I followed that looong rope to a distant Nowhere-island on the other side of the sea It's kinda silly, too. You could call England and France neighbors, but this is calling USA and Russia as ones. Lol.
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Corporal

momfreeek is on a distinguished road

Turn on Map filters -> Neighbours. Shows every connection of selected province.

----------

I also have a confession of sorts. I spent ages redrawing the borders on this map a while ago. I didn't want to influence the map choice and I wanted to test it in game so I've kept schtum till now.

It has antialased and more accurate borders and two versions with varying brightness. Connections between caves are drawn in (some surprises there too no doubt):

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com//showthread.php?t=47976

IMPORTANT: the images are fully interchangeable but don't swap the map script (as jimbo customised ours). Just put one of the new images in place of the old one and reload dom3 (must quit to desktop) to try the other map pic. Everything will be the same but the background.
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM

Sergeant

BewareTheBarnacleGoose is on a distinguished road

I agree with Lung Drago that the overcrowding problem is starting to sound rather fun, and I think that the potentially for battles in every other province each turn sounds crazy and cool!

But again, I can't actually identify with any of that, since Im safe underwater, and high on the province graph, and still have some indies.

I am thinking that a wraparound map would have solved some of our problems.
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road

The prospect of war frightens us! Can't we all get along and listen to death metal together like civilized beings?
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road

Hey I am an old fart, and I lean a bit towards "The Mammas and the Pappas".
Can't we all enjoy listening to them?
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

That is brilliant! Many thanks :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momfreeek View Post
Turn on Map filters -> Neighbours. Shows every connection of selected province.

----------

I also have a confession of sorts. I spent ages redrawing the borders on this map a while ago. I didn't want to influence the map choice and I wanted to test it in game so I've kept schtum till now.

It has antialased and more accurate borders and two versions with varying brightness. Connections between caves are drawn in (some surprises there too no doubt):

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com//showthread.php?t=47976

IMPORTANT: the images are fully interchangeable but don't swap the map script (as jimbo customised ours). Just put one of the new images in place of the old one and reload dom3 (must quit to desktop) to try the other map pic. Everything will be the same but the background.
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:44 PM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleyDooley View Post
Hey I am an old fart, and I lean a bit towards "The Mammas and the Pappas".
Can't we all enjoy listening to them?
What, and you call yourself Swedish? You giants aren't Swedish. You need to listen to death metal to be Scandinavian.

{OOC: In case anyone is taking me seriously, don't. Please.}
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road

"The Mammas and the Pappas" rock big time!!!!!!!

{OOC: In case anyone is taking me seriously,DO!!!!!!}.

Now where did I put that Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits album?
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:10 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

There are gonna be stales if you guys dont postpone like right now!

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta