.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 11th, 2011, 05:30 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Submit Pretenders)

Oh, turn 7! Maybe it lasts until turn 12 then. I thought it made sense to keep it available for a fair while, but eventually take it away so that some crazed admin didn't "unstart" a game on turn 40.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:37 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
Oh, turn 7! Maybe it lasts until turn 12 then. I thought it made sense to keep it available for a fair while, but eventually take it away so that some crazed admin didn't "unstart" a game on turn 40.
I'll keep an eye on the new game I started last night and let you know when the option disappears (or this game of course, depending on which one goes quickest)

And Un-starting a game on turn 50 in a rage fit has to be the new "in" thing I reckon as rage quitting simply because you were attacked is just so last season

Last edited by Calahan; April 11th, 2011 at 05:50 AM..
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Submit Pretenders)

Time itself writhes like a serpent, in cunning mimicry of the horrific tortures you will all endure.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Boy, what a mess. But very well handled Dimaz. (And Calahan for a record-speed map-conversion.)

I did strangely (besides a number of rollback notifications and the expected new turn 1) get an email from the Llamaserver with the subject line: "Andalusian sun, Turn 5 received...", in the email itself it told me: "Hello! Please find the attached turn file - Hinnom turn 71 for the game cyberrand4." While in effect the mail itself did not contain any attachment at all.

As I said, I did get a correct turn 1, so I suppose I can just ignore it, but thought I'd mention the weird behaviour anyway.
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:41 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Amhazair - wow, weirdest bug I ever heard of!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossa View Post
To make an educated guess - I've played about 30 MP games from start to finish so far. I've won only 2 or 3 of them, but I've also done a few random/no diplo games so far.
Weird... Ossa himself mentioned no-diplomacy when signing up, so it wasn't even that he didn't read the OP and knew from the start. The mind boggles...
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:09 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

@ All

I forgot to mention that for the revised map, I re-connected 44-28 (like on the original Riverlands map). Since one of the main reasons I removed it for the first map was to help with fitting the starts in. But with one less Land nation in the game for the re-start, this was no longer necessary.

Thought I'd mention it just in case (and because I mentioned removing it in my previous posts about the map, so want to be clear that the connection had been put back)
Old April 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road

Just to speak up for myself here:
Sorry for causing this mess again.

I actually truly did forget about the specific rules while doing my term. I'm a bit stressed in RL (job + 10w old daughter) right now and obviously I do not pay enough attention to the specific rules of the game I'm playing.

This not only happened here, but also in another game which I played for 100+ turns now

So, sorry again for this mess, and if I happen to enlist to a game with specific rules you are in - plz drop me a line that it might not be the best idea.

I'm, truly sorry again for your wasted time on these 5 turns.
Old April 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

Ossa, thank you for the explanation. I admit I was puzzled, to say the least, by all this.

You should probably make a habit of writing down any specific game rules on a note or something, or just stay clear of games with house rules.

Good luck on your second job as a father, it's plenty and stressful but well worth it
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:44 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your daughter! :-)