BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old August 22nd, 2016, 10:37 PM

Private

mikedora is on a distinguished road
Default Mouse Wheel Zoom?

As I've mentioned, I'm coming back to WinSPWW2 after a long time, enjoying the v9 update (my system was still at v4 until last week).

This may be an old question, if so forgive me, but is there any way to use the mouse wheel to zoom in & out, instead of the old method of having to find & press the +/- keys?

Thanks

Mike
Old August 23rd, 2016, 05:33 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mouse Wheel Zoom?

No, the graphics library is too old to know about that.

Use the numeric keypad + and - keys to zoom quickly in and out.
Old August 28th, 2016, 06:39 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

Version 9 might have it, but I'm pretty sure version 4 is to old. Plus there's the free version and the extended version. I know the latest extended version has it, but I don't know about the free Version. Also, Windows allows you to turn on and off your mouse wheel, so if you recently got a new mouse with a mouse wheel, it may not work.
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Version 9 might have it, but I'm pretty sure version 4 is to old. Plus there's the free version and the extended version. I know the latest extended version has it, but I don't know about the free Version. Also, Windows allows you to turn on and off your mouse wheel, so if you recently got a new mouse with a mouse wheel, it may not work.
I'm just curious........ you seem to be suggesting that you belive the latest extended version of the game allows mouse wheel zooming .......... ( ??? maybe I misunderstood.......) I'd be interested in how you got that trick to work as there is no code in the game that recognizes the mouse wheel....As Andy said, the graphics library is too old to know about that
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

This got me further curious....... I run a Rapoo 7100P . it has two extra programable buttons on the side of the mouse, I ran the set up software and surprise, surprise it will allow one button to be + and the other to be - and the game will respond.......not quite the wheel but a step in the right direction. Also........it will allow the scroll wheel to be set up for up to be + and down to be - which the game will respond to ( the problem with that is when I use the scroll wheel in the forums instead of going up and down this happens-----+++++++----------+++++++++++-------------+ )

So with the right mouse you may be able to set up the game to respond to the scroll wheel but that is only becasue you are telling it to be the + or - key
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
This got me further curious....... I run a Rapoo 7100P . it has two extra programable buttons on the side of the mouse, I ran the set up software and surprise, surprise it will allow one button to be + and the other to be - and the game will respond.......not quite the wheel but a step in the right direction. Also........it will allow the scroll wheel to be set up for up to be + and down to be - which the game will respond to ( the problem with that is when I use the scroll wheel in the forums instead of going up and down this happens-----+++++++----------+++++++++++-------------+ )

So with the right mouse you may be able to set up the game to respond to the scroll wheel bu that is only becasue you are telling it to be the + or - key

Man.... I'm using gaming mouse too but never bothered to install the bundled software for defining buttons and such thing.

But this got me thinking, is it really worth the hassle than just pressing + and - already?

Good lord, just crossed my mind I have this good old squad level game (Soldiers - Heroes of WW2) whose PAUSE functionality can not be changed whatsoever to other keyboard buttons. Maybe I can tell the software to map the PAUSE/BREAK button for one of the mouse buttons!
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK...... further update...... the Rapoo 7100P allows scroll left and right from the wheel.......... I have NEVER used this function I have never found a need to.......but that function can be re-assigned so I made it + and - and now I can zoom in and out of the game map with my mouse wheel by pressing it left or right
Old August 28th, 2016, 10:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Further FYI................. It worked well at first but I'm finding it a bit erratic after a bit of use
Old August 29th, 2016, 04:53 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Sorry to have caused all the commotion, I think I was thinking of a different game, one that I play almost as much as this one. It worked good when it was added to that game. Don't know what would cause me to think this game had it too, as I don't think this game needs it. Anyway thanks for looking into it, and thanks for correcting me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post: