This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:12 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: US Pres election

That's why our presidential process is a complete farce to begin with.

This 2 party system is a great competition between "bad" and "worse", that helps keep people distracted from any issue deeper than those that are directly confronted by the 2 candidates themselves.

Meanwhile, it's well proven that about 70% of what any presidential candidate promises, they will never even attempt to follow through on. And the 30% that they do, is all the stuff you were just willing to overlook, because the stuff you wanted to happen, was in the other 70%.

Screw voodoo economics, we have fully graduated to voodoo politics.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Obama for me, baby! Obama!

The Bush Administration has driven the Federal Govt. and the USA into a fetid cesspool of sludge that trickled down from their neocon policies (e.g., trashed the Federal budget, ruined the USA's relations with its allies, snoozed at the helm of regulatory agencies (or simply gutted them), gave tax and other breaks to their business cronies, grabbed unconstitutional powers in the name of fighting terrorism, lied to the people to start a war over oil, etc.), and it's hard to believe that McCain would not bring more of the same. But, alas, I am not one of those middle-ground "independent" voters. (Actually, I think it would be good to tweak the electoral system to break up the duopoly of the 2 major parties.)

I remember when folks mused that there was little difference between Bush and Gore. Some voted for Nader, which helped Bush win. I dare say that the USA would have been in much different (better) circumstances if we were coming to end of an 8-year Gore Administration. There is such a thing as good government (e.g. FDR Admin.), and I think history will eventually show that the Bush Administration has been one of the worst.

Thus ends my rant. Whew!

Pasha

Last edited by PashaDawg; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:36 PM..
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

Rytek is on a distinguished road

I think McCains choice to research up the conjuration tree and summoning Palin put him back in the game. His lack of paths is hurting him though and he will regret his choice of going thaughtmaturgy instead of construction. Obama is putting his sacreds to good use and is skillfully using his lead in Enchantment to race to the end game. If he is able to pull off an Arcane Nexus the gem income will be too much for McCain, even with a fully equipped Palin running around...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rytek For This Useful Post:
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytek View Post
I think McCains choice to research up the conjuration tree and summoning Palin put him back in the game. His lack of paths is hurting him though and he will regret his choice of going thaughtmaturgy instead of construction. Obama is putting his sacreds to good use and is skillfully using his lead in Enchantment to race to the end game. If he is able to pull off an Arcane Nexus the gem income will be too much for McCain, even with a fully equipped Palin running around...
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Remember that Palin's Awe simply doesn't do much against the sort of troops that Obama is producing. And she doesn't mesh much with the mostly undead strategy that McCain has inherited. But, he should have Tartarians soon, so Obama's neglect of his priests (even if they are heretics) could hurt him badly.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

^very nice

I find it intriguing how people can revile Bush as an idiot and yet at the same time believe that he had the guile to bamboozle 3/4 of the fairly even Congress. As for deregulation leading to the current financial crisis, thats actually backwards. So much pressure and regulations were brought to bear on lenders to provide loans to people who were not going to be able to pay them that the mortage meltdown was almost guarenteed. As for an 8 year Gore admin... I wouldn't be surprised if we had gone through half a dozen attacks. Unless 9/11 was a conspiracy too...
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:41 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Not to mention Obama's high position lamashta
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:54 PM

Captain

Bwaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I won't say whom I will vote for. I feel it is a private matter and no business of others. I will say that the liberal people that I'm associated with feel its okay to hate people that differ from what they consider PC... Yes I live on the left coast and its full of haters. I agree that you should do as much research as possible and make a vote for your children and their children. Don't be filled with anger or fear. Use your brains, not your feelings. In closing I say vote all the bums out, they are all corrupt. all corrupt thru and thru. How else did they get the money and the machine to get elected. Sorry about my rant but the abject theft of money, property, and liberty is quite visible from my perspective. I live in a land that is going the way of the Weimar Republic. I fear that our people have been told its okay to hate and fear people that don't view the world the way they do. Be rational and hold on to the truth.

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Saber

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Socrates used to say, the best form of government was that in which the people obeyed their rulers, and the rulers obeyed the laws.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 11:10 PM

Captain

licker is on a distinguished road

Vote 3rd party, any party it doesn't matter.

Continuing to vote for more of the same is just retarded. And don't kid yourselves into thinking that Obama is going to change anything. He's beholden to the PACs to the DNC, to the lobbyists the same as any other democrat or republican.

The issues don't matter, they are just a smoke screen to hide the truth. The truth that the democrats and republicans only care about promoting and prolonging their power. Campaign promises mean nothing, rhetoric means nothing, the only thing that matters is the continued existence of 2 party rule.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 11:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

AdmiralZhao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Quote:
Remember that Palin's Awe simply doesn't do much against the sort of troops that Obama is producing. And she doesn't mesh much with the mostly undead strategy that McCain has inherited. But, he should have Tartarians soon, so Obama's neglect of his priests (even if they are heretics) could hurt him badly.
Ha, Dominions has been the only way that I've been able to understand the US's position on global warming. I think it is like casting Burden of Time when you have young mages and a good gem income; it hurts you, but it hurts you relatively less than it does other nations who are relying on older mages and high gold-provinces.

Oh, and I'm voting for Nader again. You fools go ahead and throw your votes away on Obama.