Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM

Private

sabresandy is on a distinguished road
Default Old RPG problem

Relatively quick issue: I've found a couple of infantry units that still have a mixture of HE and AP shells for their antitank weapons, when they should be using all AP. These are...

* Most infantry sections for OBAT 39 Romania that use Panzerfausts, weapon 28, and RPG-2s, weapon 15, still have their rockets incorrectly configured, in most cases as 1HE to 3AP, instead of 4AP. Additionally, recheck stats for their rifles: weapon 22 G43 should be 1ACC 2HEK as a semiauto rifle, and weapon 21 STG-44 should be 1ACC 3HEK 8RNG as an assault rifle--the first 1-3-8 weapon, in fact.

* OBAT 86 (Rhodesia) still has infantry carrying a mixture of HE and AP Energas (weapon 7). This affects all infantry carrying that weapon.

* OBAT 70, Chechnya, units 265-274, RPG teams: RPGs still configured as mixture of HE and AP.

Additionally, I've found a number of other issues I would like to bring up, but starting a new thread for all of them would result in quite a few threads. I know the error reporting advisory notice tells me to split it up among different countries, but that may not be possible. Shall I start new threads for them, or should I post them all here?
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Old RPG problem

I've made a note to check this and I've set up a checking SQL and it's a bit more extenise than what you list so will be dealt with.

Any OOB issues should be in their own thread unless it's set up by nation... then I can find all the problems you report either by nation or by type of problem. Post a couple at a time and we'll take it from there

Don
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Most armies in bush wars type situations where they would be firing mainly at infantry type targets do need a couple or more HE rounds

-HEAT ammo wont be fired at non-AFV beyond the 4 rounds withheld for dealing with tanks
-HEAT is not fired as an opfire round, often enough.
-HEAT does not have a blast effect in neighbouring hexes.

The Chechens probably have the HE ammo since its mainly city fighting that that OOB was set up for.

The Rhodesians were not much into anti-tank work in their guerilla war. But 12 HE energas is ridiculous (I have handled a drill one, and it is not a tiddly little thing, more like an 81mm mortar bomb!). Luckily we had the 66 by then, the thing was a swine that reduced the SLR to individual parts when you fired the grenade often enough while beating the firing Jock black&blue in the process - according to the old sweats.

But mainly it's in Africa and the sandy places that the "rebels" and so on will need a spattering of HE rounds (and the RPG-7 does have the OPG-7(?) frag-HE ammunition). The main targets there are other grunts.

Now, Turkey unit 271 is an obvious change of the weapon from the rifle-grenade, but the designer then probably forgot about the ammo!.

We will have a look out for oddities like that - but expect rebels/Mujaideen/African/VC etc types to likely have at least a couple of HE rounds for anti-infantry use.

Andy
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM

Private

sabresandy is on a distinguished road

Nice to know; also, it's nice to get further confirmation about the Energa's unpopularity.

I'll start out with a list of issues common to the USA and USMC, then. Look for the new thread.
Old June 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

The OG-7V round is available for the RPG-7, it is slighty lighter and a bit less cumbersome than standard HEAT. I don't know how much popular it is but it is certainly used.
Old June 8th, 2013, 08:05 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
The OG-7V round is available for the RPG-7, it is slighty lighter and a bit less cumbersome than standard HEAT. I don't know how much popular it is but it is certainly used.
Looks like pea shooter not good on much expept an APC maybe.
WTF is an US infranty displaying it?, guess its a trophy weapon.
Definataly not the best russian RPG, very pathatic, and won't be missed in the game by this player.

Last edited by gila; June 8th, 2013 at 08:15 PM..
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:37 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Looks like pea shooter not good on much expept an APC maybe.
WTF is an US infranty displaying it?, guess its a trophy weapon.
Definataly not the best russian RPG, very pathatic, and won't be missed in the game by this player.
Ehm, no. It is an antipersonnel explosive round, not for antitank work.