.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old December 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM

Private

BigAl737 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Betraying the Bear! - WinSPMBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl737 View Post
I too have been enjoying the campaign. You get pretty attached to your vehicles. I've lost one in 3 scenarios and I haven't been able to replace it. I haven't played SPMBT in a long time. This campaign has been perfect in that the scenario size isn't too big. I'll be finishing it up in a week or so as time permits. Count my vote as well for those extra campaign scenarios.
Didn't realize how far along I was. Just finished it. Thanks for posting this campaign. It was fun and a great way to get back into playing. I've got everything saved so if you put out more scenarios, I'll be ready.

One observation. Some scenarios give orders to exit units off board and there is a VP hex associated near the exit point. I learned that you really don't want to exit your units but defend the VP hex until game end. Some breathless moments because of this. I won't spoil the campaign and say why.

BTW, I used the crew bailout option. I believe that this is a new feature. Thanks to whomever programmed it in. Those pesky scout sections immobilized my most experienced APC but I was able to bailout the crew, load it in another APC and exit it off the board.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM

Corporal

Palle is on a distinguished road

A tad OT, but bear with me.

In the late 80-ies I trained with what is today the Danish Home Guard's SSR (then known as SEP or "Udrykkegruppe") an elite part of the Home Guard training with the Jægers, Frogmen, SAS and LOPESCs. I trained mainly in Aarhus and the area down to Horsens, but also a lot in Hevring, Finderup and Karup military areas.

I trained to delay the Poles and USSR, then later go to ground and ambush their weak points behind the lines, snipe, survey and recon against them, etc.; a combination of Guerrilla and Spec-Ops. And I hated commies, I still do. Just as I hate any other totalitarion ideology or religion.

In 1998, fighting at a Viking Market in Wolin (I am also a Viking fighting re-enactor doing martial arts with blunt copies of Viking weapons), I met a Pole who had trained to invade Jutland "preventively". We immediately agreed that we were pretty pleased that did not come to pass and that we had much in common, and (especially) that would should have a beer or five, or... eventually quite a lot more... to celebrate that we never had to kill each other and had much in common.

Apart from missing the bus and ferry home to Denmark and having to improvise the next day due to a momentous hangover (the improvised trip home was quite fun as well), this was one of the great experiences of my life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Palle For This Useful Post:
Old February 7th, 2015, 10:18 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I have NO IDEA why or how I overlooked adding this campaign to a patch for all these years but the oversight will be corrected this next time around...... so if those extra scenarios are available......

Don
Old May 2nd, 2015, 03:51 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Just noticed this post. I have since moved houses and went through at least 2 PC/Laptops. If they are still needed I can check around.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 07:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

It's campaign 15 now
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Thanks Double Deuce. A nice little campaign with beautiful maps, imaginative scenarios and a neat political twist. Great way to make the transition from SPWW2 to SPMBT. Very well done. Cheers!