.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old May 6th, 2020, 11:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout AAR: The Walking Dead

This first is an experiment...
Attachment 16039

Name:  Screenshot (5).jpg
Views: 2424
Size:  157 Bytes

HMmm! OK! I guess I still need to work on this. THANK YOU John! It converted to a JPG. file and significantly reduced the file size to where I could at least import it here.

Regards
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 6th, 2020 at 12:02 PM..
Old May 6th, 2020, 01:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR: The Walking Dead

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2020, 01:22 AM

Lieutenant General

Fallout Re: AAR: The Walking Dead

Done.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Here I go again!?!
XXX-Didn't work.
If this doesn't work I'm done. In the meantime Thank You again Mr. Tim Brooks for getting me this far.

Regards,
Pat

I have the file saved as a Zip File in my pictures. I didn't get the Zip File Icon I normally see in posts at the bottom of it.

It showed as a standard picture attachment would.

How do I get that Zip File in here!?! And PLEASE make as KISS as possible since obviously this stuff is kicking my A !

I'm watching a movie.

Pat

When I submitted the above the Zip File showed up as normal but, it appears it's linking back to my computer to open the file-is that what it normally does!?! I've removed it until I get clarification.

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 10th, 2020 at 08:50 PM..
Old May 11th, 2020, 02:42 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Pat,

Why not use an online tool like Imgur?

It's free, create a free account at Imgur and then take all the pics you want while playing and then dump them into Imgur and then come back here and make your posts inserting the BBC code to your pics here.

The main site:

https://imgur.com/

When I insert images, I click on the image I want to use and then click on the BBCode to copy that to my buffer and past just that like so:

Or:

Here is what the copying of the text looks like here:

Here is the image I want to share, so I click on it (ignore the other images):

Here is the actual image with the BBCode selected (on the far right and in green) and copied:

It's pretty easy to use, hard to explain, hope this helps.

This generally gets around any website that has image posting limits.

Don
Old May 11th, 2020, 03:20 AM

Corporal

retiredgysgt is on a distinguished road

As I understand it you must link to somewhere for a picture to appear.
Old May 11th, 2020, 07:22 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: AAR: The Walking Dead

Shrapnel will allow uploads using the "go advanced" tab then click on the menu below "Manage attachments" but they are limited in size. Using Imgur gets around those limitations and it is easy to use

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2020, 12:22 PM

Lieutenant General

Used "Insert Image" above text box

Turn 17 N.W. Corner
Note B-52 bombing runs from the beginning of the game. Also in the upper right corner those 2 Marines would both go onto to win the Medal of Honor. They just took out a 37mm AA unit (With loss of 2 men from Engineer Recon team.) at their current position and the B40 Rocket sites just to the East before that. They would further take out several mortar sites as well as the game progresses.

This is a test I'll have organize this a little and match them to my posts.

I'm "IMGURing" away.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 11th, 2020 at 12:33 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2020, 09:42 PM

Lieutenant General

Alright here we go at a limited run. had used the Turn 17 pictures as my experiment with IMGUR and posting here. They are done.

However, I needed to do Turn 12 as they were my first screenshots I did. What you'll see I just finished as being the first 2 of 5 I believe I did for Turn 12.

I'm not abject to any reasonable questions for any material posted. But once I've moved to the next post I'm done with the prior one.

I won't divulge any "secrets" but, as you'll see I'll drop some general hints. If someone choses to recommend that I don't divulge when the reinforcements arrive, please let me know and I'll cease and desist on the specifics of that info and keep the data general since I can't hide the fact that obviously they're in the screenshot.

That again is as above, until I post the next one with the rest of Turn 12 and all of Turn 17.

Sorry for the delay but, I've been busy.

TURN 12 N.W. Corner
In the upper Right corner you'll find my FAC and surviving member of my Recon Engineers (3) (On map Turn 1?) (After attacking an NVA 37mm AA.) they've been busy attacking "weakened" (Helos) mortar positions and others by assault prior to and after this attack. You'll note Center bottom a Sea Knight w/ 2 others just off map about to attack a mortar site in the clearing on the other side of the trees in front of it. AA is EVERYWHERE in this Scenario, terrain mask your helos. Sea Knights were TURN 10 reinforcements w/6 Sea Knight choppers each with a USMC Platoon and aux. unit i.e. 90mm/Sniper etc. Used them to attack and destroy Mortars inbound to FB Dragon from the N.E. Corner of the map.

TURN 12 FB DRAGON
Starting from the North Clockwise: The NVA are just coming on in this area and being suppressed with Artillery. Just to the East is NVA 2nd attack you can see the current fire missions in that area. Note the Sea Knight helo it just landed a platoon and aux unit . That was the helo that was unloaded and attacked a mortar position on the way in just East of the Ville. It also took fire inbound from the Ville so I now I have problem in that sector to come. Along the S/SW with exception of the platoon in the trench, you'll see where the other two helos dropped their reinforcements. Used a jeep to capture flags on the road until ambushed. My M-48 lost in Turn 10, this was a calculated risk, that in hindsight was the right move based on the pressure in that area before my artillery broke up that massed attack with a couple of VC units having gotten into the wire there. You can see the fire missions still ongoing there that would break up that first attack on FBD there and allow me to shift fire missions to the SW/NW/North. Almost forgot note APACHE helo coming in from the EAST, It served as an Intel boost for me on what layed to the EAST along the road off this map.
All attacks from the South are VC. You'll get artillery at different stages of the game as well as air assets, this as happened in the real war.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 24th, 2020 at 09:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Apache? In 1967? Look again.

It's an AAR, feel free to say what you like as the "point" is to tell us what you thought, when, about what; and what you did to react to it.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: