World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 21st, 2024, 09:52 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Pat note also the roof and other parts of the T-14 you will see rivets similar to the ones you were pointing out on the NK vehicles

ALSO if you watch that video at the end the close ups of the T-14 have a "tinny" look like the NK "tanks" on parade and my feeling on this is what we might be seeing there and on the NK tanks is a thin protective skin over the composite armour AND the "rivets" are in plain view

Finally.............ANY armour values we assign to this and virtually every other MDT are estimated and ask 100 people to submit their estimates what you are going to get is 100 different estimates

So "fine tune" to your heart's content it is just one more "opinion" based on pure guesswork and the only way we will ever get hard data for it is when someone puts a hole in one and true experts fully evaluate the hulk AND THE TRUE DATA IS RELEASED.

It is also leaping to conclusions to assume that because the T-90M employed SOME OF THE T-14 armour elements on the sides and turret means that converts 100% to the armour on the T-14

The same has been true for YEARS with the US versions of the Abrams...... all guesstimates

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 21st, 2024 at 10:12 AM..
Old March 21st, 2024, 06:44 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/PYH20240321012400315

Quote:
This photo, provided by Hyundai Rotem Co., shows the arrival of the South Korean arms maker's K2 battle tank in the Polish port city of Gdynia on March 20, 2024. The company said it has shipped 18 K2 tanks to Poland from March 12-20 under a contract to deliver a total of 180 units to the Eastern European country. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2024, 03:12 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I have to say this has been the "quietest" pre-release of a patch in many, many years.

So, with that in mind, maybe room for this?

SPAIN/CHANGE/M-60A3 TTS/UNIT O26/END/MAR 2024 VICE JAN 2025. //
The last Company of these tanks belonged the Marines of the Third Mechanized Landing Battalion (BDMZ-III). The Army divested theirs when they received the LEOPARD E tanks. Some are surprised they were not donated to the Ukraine, however at the current asking price (Possibly with negotiation could be lower.) and the relatively low cost to modernize, it's still possible they could get there.
The delay in retiring them was due to funding for the "DRAGON VCR 8x8" armored vehicle. There is speculation that both the Army and Marines will be armed with the DRAGON 120.
https://en.topwar.ru/239498-tanki-st...m60a3-tts.html
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...id/ar-BB1kP0Yr
(BOTH GP)
https://www.outono.net/elentir/2023/...0a3-tts-tanks/
(Good background and date information in here.)

Modernization:
https://www.leonardo.com/en/news-and...moured-vehicle
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/produc...28&printmode=1
(PLUS, THE OPTIONS OFFERED BY Israel and Turkey.)

DRAGON VCR 8x8:
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...n_program.html

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 31st, 2024 at 03:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2024, 10:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

That is actually a big change. It retires the last unit class 13 vehicle in that OOB which retires the formations as well

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 1st, 2024, 02:27 AM

Lieutenant General

Kind've validates my decision to back off well, "last" year for submissions then. One "simple" date change and the world goes to poop.

Sorry for the extra work.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 1st, 2024, 07:22 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Not really that much work just somewhat significant to the OOB as three formations disappear after that date. Anyone who might play regularly as Spain will notice

Old April 2nd, 2024, 06:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

https://twitter.com/NAMELESS_JSDF/st...92716367221064

For the Japanese OBAT:

Quote:
#ありがとう74式戦車

As of today, March 31st, 2024, the retirement of all Type 74 tanks should now be completed nationwide

[The final Type 74s are expected to be withdrawn from service in March this year].

The Type 74, which has served with the GSDF for 50 years, holds the record as the longest-serving tank in Japanese history! Now, they can finally take their well-deserved rest.

Goodbye my all time favorite 2nd gen MBT, It might be gone, but it will not be forgotten, just like those that came before it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old April 8th, 2024, 01:23 AM

Lieutenant General

I have to get up in just a few hours for an eye appointment so, I'm just going to just hit the highlights.

1. Romania in May will start field and live firing tests of the export version of the South Korean K2.

If these tests are successful it'll lead to a final contract for 300 units.

There is NO TIMELINE for deliveries. And based on the below probably our ready built export version won't make it in the game due to the following.

2. As I've already posted, South Korea has already started a 4th batch of K2 tanks comprising of 150 units. Deliveries are to start from 2024 - 2028. There is fallout from this.

A. It now looks like the M48A3K/A5K will be around until the deliveries are completed.

Yeah, I know based on what we had at the time (Info.) I believe we have started phasing them out. If we went END for the M48A3K in DEC. 2024, I would recommend leaving it as such.

The M48A5K I believe was set for END DEC. 2025.

B. The K2 production was supposed to have ended after the 2nd batch was delivered.

Then I reported a 3rd batch was approved with final deliveries having been completed last Fall.

C. The story ends here with the "death nil" for the K2 PIP we worked on about 4-5 years ago. Don and I had been discussing its deletion as recently as last year.

He'll correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe we held off due to the fact that at the time of working last year's Patch we didn't have a final decision on moving forward on the 4th batch from South Korea.

That changed at the end of last year when it was announced. We can SAFELY Delete the K2 PIP now.

South Korea is already looking beyond the "PIP" as I believe I posted already and is still about to or recently has finished the production run for the heavily modernized K1A2 as submitted last year. I've used it and it's playing as expected.

Don I gotta get to the rack or else someone won't be very happy with me.

I'll get you those Unit numbers later today early evening.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...quisition.html

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old April 8th, 2024, 07:07 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: MBT's

Pat

There is no M48A3K in the SK OOB and there never has been------- A5K only although on some websites it is named M48A3K/A5K

Old April 8th, 2024, 05:44 PM

Lieutenant General

Yeah, I see that now as well Army Rec. combined the names also "tord"
M48A3K/A5K and they got me.

I had myself confused with UNIT 015 M48A3. Thanks!

So, UNIT 020 M48A5K is good as is.

About UNIT 033 K2 PIP let us leave it alone for this year because of the following.

What I referred to as the K2 PIP replacement is designated the K3 with this ref. next. Notably it'll have 130mm MG with a prototype by 2030. From my files last JUN 2023.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...atle_tank.html

Then I just found this dated FEB 2024.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...-deadly-209733
I have LOW CONFIDENCE in this as it does not fit the TIMELINE in regard to the 4th production batch of the K2 as noted a couple of times in this thread between 2024 -2028 with also the K3 PROTOTYPE by 2030.

We'll know about PIP by the end of this year.

Regards,
Pat