.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road
Default Mega Age II -Kingmaker(Started)

Introduction:

Mega Age II(Kingmaker) is a massive game that will, through the use of a mod, combine all 3 ages, Early, Middle, and Late into one massive game. Up to 61 players will be playing the game, including at least one of the games designers. Mega Age I(Perpetuality) hosted by Velusion, was an unprecedented success. There were over 37,000 views on the game thread, and a separate thread for trades was also created. The diplomacy was immense.

New Players are welcome, indeed encouraged, to take part in this game. Chances are you will have other new players in your area when you start. And it should prove fun even if you do not do well. But some new players lasted until the end of Mega Age I, in part because veteran players clashed among themselves while ignoring what they perceived as a lesser threat-or because newer players made friends with veteran players early on.

Edit: 61 players have been selected ona 1st come basis, and they have all been assigned a race to play. Presently the Game is awaiting the release of Patch 3.16, and it will begin shortly after the new patch is released.

Game Type: PBEM (Llamaserver)
Speed: 24 hours per host for the first 18 turns moving to 48 hours per host until around turn 70+ in which it moves to 72.

Quick host: enabled.

Era: Middle (this is for Indy strength). Indy strength will be default(5).

Players: 61 (all era nations combined into one).

Map: Kingmaker is a 900 province map with 15.0 provinces per player, including 107 water provinces. The map is a North/South wraparound. The map image is attached to this post. You must download and extract the rgb file to your Dominions3\Maps folder before the game starts. A picture of the map is below:

Research Speedifficult.

Victory Conditions: 15 capitals or the surrendering of all other players. If the game does not end by May 1, 2009, the player with the most capitals on that date wins(it will be time to start next year's Big Game).

Graphs: On

Hall of Fame: 15

Renaming: On

Magic Site Frequency: 40

Passwords- Passwords are not needed for Llamaserver Games. No one will have access to your turn file unless they have access to your email. Nations SHOULD NOT be password protected, as this makes setting the race to ai doable by only Llamabeast, and he is not the game administrator. If the email address of your nation is ever changed, you will get notification of the change.

Mods: We will be using the Mega-Mod, the most recent version of Worthy Heroes, and the Kitchen Sink Mod. The Kitchen Sink Mod prevents the casting of 4 globals, Arcane Nexus, Burden of Time, Astral Corruption, and Utterdark. It also increases the path(s) required to forge certain gem producing items as follows:

Bloodstone: required paths to forge:3e 3b, increases the cost of this item accordingly.

Fever fetish: required paths to forge:2f 1n, increases the cost of this item accordingly.

Clam: required paths to forge:4w2n, increases the cost of this item accordingly. The cost of clams was raised the most due to a player in the Mega Age I game being able to wish 5 times per turn before turn 100 was reached.

Start Time: May 15-June 1.
Length: If you arent eliminated this game might last a very long time. Be prepared!
Patch Level: We will use 3.16. The game will be updated as new patches come out.

Race Selection:
If you recall, the 1st Mega Age game was forced to a grinding halt when the unit cap was reached. So the 2nd Mega Age Game will include all races from the Early, Middle, and Late Ages except LA Ermor and LA Ryleh. Additionally, EA and MA Pangaea will not be allowed to take turmoil. So do not sign up to play MA or EA Pangaea if you want turmoil scales(free spawn).

Each player should send me a list of ten races you want to play, with the race you want the most being listed as one. You can also send in a list of 5 races you do not want to play. You will not have to play one of these races. You can also add(no water races) to the bottom of your list, and I will try to honor the broader request as well.

1st Seed: After the deadline I will award nations based on the player's first choice. If multiple players desire the same nation I will randomly select the player that is assigned the nation. With one caveat, if a player is listed in the Hall of Fame and has won a large MP game, and he is tied with a player who is not in the Hall of Fame, then the newer player will get the race. The thinking is the veteran players can better adapt to playing a race that is not their top pick than a new player who may only know 1 or 2 races.
2nd Seed: We repeat the last step with those players that still have not been awarded nations and still have preferences.
3rd Seed: Repeat the Second Seed.
4th, 5th, 6th, etc. Seed: Continue until there are no more conflicts.
Last Seed: On the seed where there are no more conflicts the final preferred nations are awarded and all the remaining players (those that ran out of preferences or never provided any) are randomly assigned the remaining nations.

Dr. P is doing significant work on the map. In exchange, he is the lone player that will be guaranteed his 1st choice of race and his choice is Niefelheim. So no one else should list that race as a choice.

No delays for any reason will be granted until we are down to 15 or less players. I highly recommend you ask around and find a temporary substitute if you plan on being gone for an extended time. Delays will be liberally granted on request over major holidays(Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years).

Due to the massive number of players, and to ensure fairness, the stale turn rule will be strictly enforced. No one will stale more than twice in a row before they are replaced or put on AI unless they let me know beforehand. If you let me know you will be gone you will not be replaced but the game will not be held up for you.

Rules:
Notable exploits banned;

1. If you capture Bogus and his friends, you can script those captured units to attack mages, but you cannot copy their "attack mage" orders to any other commanders or units.

2. You cannot cast battlefield enchantments that cause damage to enemy units, then retreat the casting mage before 5 rounds of combat passes. In other words, if you cast Wrathful Skies, you cannot order that mage to retreat before 5 turns has passed (your last available scripting order can be retreat). And this rule includes items that cast such spells.

3. You cannot overload someones lab with the purpose of maliciously filling it so they cannot receive or forge items.

Future Steps:

1) Download the map. Extract the Kingmaker Map from the zip file and place it in your dominions3/maps folder. It is linked here:http://www.mediafire.com/?ji7aamj0zii

2) Download the Kingmaker Mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?ybwmajc1fn0

Worthy Heroes 1.8 mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?8lglxjfhfjf

You will need to extract these files/folders to your dominions3/mods folder. You will then be able to enable/disable the mod via the dom3 game menu > Preferences. You do not need to enable this mod to upload pretenders. In fact all mods should be off when creating your pretender!

3) Create and Send in your pretenders.

- Make sure you have no mods enabled
- Go to Game Tools -> Create a pretender god in Dominions
- Go to the savedgames/newlords folder in the dominions directory, and find your pretender file (e.g. mid_pythium_0.2h)
- E-mail the file to: pretenders[ at ]llamaserver[ dot ]net
- Crucially, you must have the game name "KingMaker_Early", "KingMaker_Mid" or "KingMaker_Late" depending on what age your nation is from in the subject line of your e-mail.

EA Arcoscephale - Cor2
EA Ermor- Slobby
EA Ulm DaveCG
EA Tien Chi- Cicadian
EA Oceania- Herode
EA Fomoria- Tyrant
EA Marverni - Griefor
EA Sauromatia Bernardo
EA Mictlan Meglobob
EA Lanka - Falkor
EA Abysia- Bananadine
EA Caelum -Janim
EA C'tis - Tichy
EA Pangaea -
EA Agartha-
EA Tir na O'og - Reay
EA Vanheim -Aezeal
EA Helheim - Foodstamp
EA Niefelheim Dr. Praetorious
EA Kailasa - Hadrian_2
EA Yomi - Kristoffer O
EA Atlantis- Agema
EA R'lyeh Zoshan
EA Hinnom- Dryaunda

MA Arcoscephale- Twan
MA Ermor - Unoptimized
MA Pythium - Yandav
MA Man -
MA Ulm - Darkwind
MA Marignon- Zenzei
MA Mictlan -Sum1lost
MA Tien Chi Revolution
MA Machaka - AreaofEffect
MA Agartha - Cidi
MA Abysia - Moderation
MA Caelum - Cupido2
MA C'tis - Digress
MA Pangaea
MA Vanheim - seryozha
MA Jotunheim - BigandScary
MA Bander Log - Atul
MA Shinuyama - Ottergreat
MA Atlantis - MrSparkle
MA R'lyeh - Salamander8
MA Oceania Baalz
MA Eriu Cleveland
MA -Ashgod- Gregstrom

LA Bogarus-Jazzepi
LA Arcoscephale - Xietor
LA Pythium- Lingchih
LA Man - Drake49
LA Ulm -
LA Marignon - AdmiralZhao
LA Mictlan - Folket/EvilHomer Team
LA Tien Chi -Ossa
LA Jomon - Hoplosternum
LA Agartha - Zeldor
LA Abysia - Baruk
LA Caelum - Lolomo
LA C'tis - Lllamabeast
LA Pangaea - Amhazair
LA Midgard - Coobe
LA Utgard - DonCorazon
LA Patala -Firewalker
LA Atlantis - Shigure
LA Garth-Chrispedersen

Old April 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mega Age II (Kingmaker) Sign Up!

I am in.

And you forget about other exploits, like MoD.

LA Agartha guide
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

I'm in.
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road

I am in.

I *strongly* recommend Very Hard research.
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:42 PM

Corporal

ComTrav is on a distinguished road

I'm in.
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

Herode is on a distinguished road

Yep !!!!
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:52 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Happy, happy, I am in.

Hope we get the full 60!
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM

Sergeant

Zenzei is on a distinguished road

I'll play.
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Sergeant

Salamander8 is on a distinguished road

I'm in.
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:12 PM

Corporal

yandav is on a distinguished road

I'm in.