.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 26th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Sergeant

Leif_- is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [AAR] Ull, Turns 8 and 0

Turns 8 and 9

There are three great forces that rule the hearts of men. Power, lust and gold. I am power, Epiphania is my leash on lust and now that my two dogs have control of Nern and the great mines there, I do not want for gold. I set a Numerican petty chief to the task of overseeing the mine and keeping the gold flowing, and urge Eioneus and Askalaphos deeper into the Sleepy Mountains, to reqconquer the old foundations of my old stronghold. I make bold Grifec take his leave of the two lovers and turn back north. I have another task waiting for him.

I watch the streets of Arcoscephale for half a day before I find what I seek in a grey-bearded, aristocratic man overseeing a team of slaves digging a trench. He is not a Kallikrates, but he knows enough of the sacred geometry for my purpose, and I do not have time to wait for a Kallikrates to emerge. I show him to Epiphania, and once she is done with him I send him south in the path of blood my two dogs have left behind them, to start the work of erecting my Fortress of the Edge once more.

Epiphania's daughters have, at long last, prepared the bare bones of my sacred workshops. Feathers of owl and stone-oil ink. Petty trifles and children's toys! But they are a beginning.
Old October 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Sergeant

Default Re: [AAR] Ull, Turns 10 and 11

The two lovers has been at work securing the southern border of the Sleepy Mountain, ensuring Phleibas, the engineer, the time he needs to complete the building. He is of a delicate physique and the journey from Arcoscephale did not sit well with him. He is dying, and only my will and Epihania's allure makes him endure his work despite his fever. I send Hieronyma south to tend him and ensure he lives long enough to oversee the walls and towers be raised. Others can deal with the petty details that follows.

To the north-west, Grifec is scouring the swamps at the mouth of the river Dust, destroying the tribes of lizard-men who make them their home. I have not forgotten how they once sided with the Pantokrator against me, nor have I forgiven.

From Grifec I am told of merchants who ply their trade on Dust, and on rumours they bring of a new power rising in the south, near its springs. Along with the two empires that already threatens my south-western border, this is troubling news. It seems time is no longer my ally. Perhaps the ranging huntesmen of Muspel can be sent out to bring back word from beyond the sight of my still half-closed
eyes.

Old October 28th, 2006, 10:37 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [AAR] Ull, Turns 8 and 0

Nice empire you got there already.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 31st, 2006, 04:27 AM

Sergeant

Default Re: [AAR] Ull, Turns 12 and 13

Turns 12 and 13

Grifec shows promise. He ruthlessly defeated the tribes of lizardmen at the mouth of Dusk, then for good measure took his army into the western hill country and subjugated that as well in my name. I give him portents and instruct him north. Let him secure the lands to the east of Dusk, while my two dogs starts on their conquers of the eastern bank.

Prograss has gone smoothly on the fortress of the Edge. It matters little now if Phleibas dies or not. He has done his job, and it will soon be ready to once more exhert my will throughout the wild mountain country.

Back in Arcoscephale, I've instructed Ephiphania to recover the old words of calling that the Pantokrator stole from my memory. Progress is slow. She has some of her playthings helping her but they are no replacement for her daughters whom I have sent on other missions. There are more secrets of old that need to be rediscovered. If I am to rule again, I need to find the old sites of power again, and time has hidden them throughly from my view. Once lush and verdant glens are now dark rumoured forests and crystal clear mountain springs have been buried by landslides and earthquakes. It will takes eyes closer to the ground to rediscover them.

The gold from Livenmark does still not flow as it should; the people rise against my slave raiders and roaming bands of braves forces my overseers to send the gold in heavily armed and expensive caravans. I send south a scourge of horsemen from the Numecrian plains. Let me see the Livenmarkers stand against them. If they will not give me gold, they will give me blood.