Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old June 1st, 2010, 10:27 PM

Private

Zal is on a distinguished road
Default Successor or Side Projects?

First off, I love War Plan Pacific, and still play it at least once a month. Unfortunately the AI isn't getting any more clever like I am.. multi-player is an option of course, but there's a few things in the way the game handles certain mechanics that seem exploitable by a human opponent, which makes me reluctant to try it.

So, I'm left hungering for more single player fun and while I've been keeping an eye on this forum and the blog I hadn't seen anything at mentioned lately about "Stellar Squadrons" or other successors to the game. Are there any future plans for another game in this vein? or actually any other games at all? WPP was so fun I'd buy anything that comes out of KE studios, especially Stellar Squadrons, as space sounds like another great setting for a game like this.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:23 PM

Colonel

Strider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Successor or Side Projects?

Yeah, it has been quiet for some time now. I'd like to see some tweaks done to the current WPP. PBEM works pretty good, but there are a few things that could be improved on.
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:59 AM

Private

Timothy is on a distinguished road

Don't bother hoping for improvements on this current game. It seems to me that the designer of this game has done very little in this department and does not seem to be around. This has been my biggest disappointment. Although I like the game, I will not purchase anymore games from this company/designer because of his poor track record in this department. I would rather support other game designers that stay with their games which have shown interest in making improvements and patches to their games.
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

To be fair,...aside from the AI, there not really much else to be done with the game. There arent any big bugs that I know of,....and there really isnt much more that the develper can do with the game,...short of an expansion. Whether he wants to spend his time with an expansion for this game,...or work on a new game is really his choice.
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Private

Skanvak is on a distinguished road

The land based air craft can be represented better. Not being able to air raid Rabaul from Port moresby is just not reaslit.

I could see a few improvement, like Calcuta as main english base instead of Ceylon which was very invadable. But the main is done.

Skanvak