.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Old February 6th, 2004, 06:24 PM

Private

Rods is on a distinguished road
Default Just a few things to fix

Ive played through a bunch of seasons three things i noticed.
When training a warrior in the 3rd roster spots the +1 gained are sometimes badly indicated on the first warrior in the roster.

Second when a warrior gets injured or sick , an still going through training or fighting , sometimes his stats reset to the original value before the disease/injury is over. When its over they get a boost to their orignal stat by whichever the %injury/disease was.

Saved a season, exited the game, and hit start new game by accident. Saved game gone. Could it be possible to make it so you could have more then 1 season saved?
Old February 6th, 2004, 06:43 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just a few things to fix

Thanks, Rods!

The saved game thing: The game should still be there, even if you saved a game and exit, and then hit Start new Game. Starting a new game doesn't erase your saved games. It shouldn't anyway. You can save up to 3 different seasons (under 3 different manager names).

The injury/disease thing is being looked into, though in my testing recently I didn't see this.

FYI: The +1 indicator thing has been fixed now.

[ February 06, 2004, 21:14: Message edited by: StormcloudCreations ]
Old February 6th, 2004, 09:22 PM

Private

old fat bald guy is on a distinguished road

I've seen the injury/disease thing, once. The guy it happened to got really good, then disappeared at the end of the season. Do guys leave in the pre-season phase if you're low on gold and can't make a salary payment without going into debt? Makes sense, but it surprised me because I've had negative gold before.
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:13 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road

Hmm...do you remember if the injury/disease thing happened after he got it from a potion? That could be something. I haven't seen it recently at all.

The negative gold thing: the 1.6 patch will officially make that change -> if you have no gold at the start of a new league day, you will lose the game!

And yes, warriors do leave if you don't have the funds to pay them their salary at the end of the contract phase. Basically if on payday at your job if they told you, "sorry, no money for you". I'm sure you'd tell them "sorry, no work for you". The mouse popup on the end of contract phase button does warn you of this, as does the manual I believe as well.
Old February 7th, 2004, 12:30 AM

Private

old fat bald guy is on a distinguished road

No, I don't recall the details of the injury.

I think clarifying the "bankruptcy" issue, as you say 1.6 will, is a good idea. It's pretty hard to run out of money if you're careful. I think the only way luck could make it happen is if you had a guy die with years left on his contract while you were low on cash. (If I remember what the manual says, you have to immediately pay 50 percent of the balance to his widow, even though she's just gonna hook up with the next punk who comes out of the War Academy, right?)