.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 27th, 2009, 09:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

VedalkenBear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alugra, City of Wonders version 1.00

Llama: I believe my point is exactly what I said. Alugra can recruit more mages per turn than it has labs. That is something that must be balanced. Also as Burn points out, you have perfectly serviceable mages that you can recruit.

Burn: I realize the danger of being capital-centric. What's more worrying, really, is that all of your 'thugs' have low Astral magic (which makes Magic Duel a serious concern). However, it's not like Alugra can't have a Dome up on their capital before anyone both gains unrest spells and is able to find your capital.

Also, this should be in an FAQ about GoR, but if you want to Gift two units of the same type, don't recruit them sequentially. If you recruit, e.g., Librarian-Librarian-Villain, and try to GoR both Librarians, you'll only get one (because the targeting screen for GoR doesn't distinguish). However, if you recruit them as Librarian-Villain-Librarian, you should successfully Gift both.

Burn, I think you may underestimate the Masters and Manifests. The Masters have _excellent_ combat spells. They have Astral Fire, the Nether spells, Mind Burn (not as good, but still), and possibly Enslave Mind and Soul Slay, and that is without a communion. If you go that route, I think that Banner of the North Star is almost required for your serious armies.
The Following User Says Thank You to VedalkenBear For This Useful Post:
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Burn, could you care to spill the beans on what the Tanner is supposed to do? I must confess, I'm assuming it's a comic book reference, but I don't know it.
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:01 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Get him killed for being the useless jerk he is*. Do it in combat. Perhaps he will score a critical hit on an important enemy troops with his sling.

*New item to the to-do list. Make the use of the Tanner clearer in his description. Perhaps something about mysterious blackouts whenever he was being provoked and the odd streak of destruction that follows him..
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

Oh, okay. I figured it was probably some sort of alternate form, but I'm very hesitant to lose heroes.
Old April 10th, 2009, 06:46 AM

Corporal

Natpy is on a distinguished road

Awesome race. It still some overpowered but realy interesting to play in SP. I try play with turmoil-sloth-luck-magic scales and N4W4 Mastermind with total blood economic, and it was impressive. Note: trained Shadow Son is very important part of erly expansion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Natpy For This Useful Post:
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natpy View Post
Awesome race. It still some overpowered but realy interesting to play in SP. I try play with turmoil-sloth-luck-magic scales and N4W4 Mastermind with total blood economic, and it was impressive. Note: trained Shadow Son is very important part of erly expansion.
Thanks for feedback. "Awesome" is exactly what I'm going for with this nation .

Would you care to elaborate on the overpowerdness? If I know what excatly bothers you, I can tackle the issue on the next update. I know that the blood economy is too good. I'll address it on the next update (Blood Sergeants will then cost 13 slaves and cause 5! unrest per month in the province where they dwell. They're horrible monsters that snatch away daughters in the night, people will be upset about their presence!).

The gifted (as units) are too good in SP, I admit. The AI is just too stupid to try to counter them effectively. In one SP game, the AI assaulted my Smith army with Wolf tribe warriors. Dam 13 attacks vs prot 20 guys? I was thinking of making MP and SP versions of this mod at the next update. In the SP version, all gifted will probably get a hefty +10gp price tag and Power Within will be a tad more expensive.

Why W4 in your pretender? The reinvogration from E4 bless is lot more useful in my opinion and you can easily get into higher water by forging water bracelets and then robes of the sea with Fishermen. Assasin expansion with shadow sons isn't the fastest way, but it's really fun to play. Especially once you manage to research "Shadow Animation". Use Air Force also allows them to really snipe with their crossbow.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.

Last edited by Burnsaber; April 10th, 2009 at 03:28 PM..
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Corporal

Natpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Blood Sergeants will then cost 13 slaves and cause 5! unrest per month in the province where they dwell. They're horrible monsters that snatch away daughters in the night, people will be upset about their presence!
I think 13-15 slaves price will be fine. This change will make them inefficient as cheap and upkeepless researchers. But 5 unrest/turn is just more micromanagement, i think is bad idea.

Quote:
Why W4 in your pretender? The reinvogration from E4 bless is lot more useful in my opinion and you can easily get into higher water by forging water bracelets and then robes of the sea with Fishermen.
Yes, any minor bless can be good, because of supercheap Shroud of the Battle Saint (2 gems). N-bless is most important. You can even use it for your almost dead fewer fetish bearers, while librarian heal them. 3W1N on my pretender just for clamming ability and for "Contact Naiade" spell, W-bless is a side effect.

Quote:
Assasin expansion with shadow sons isn't the fastest way, but it's really fun to play. Especially once you manage to research "Shadow Animation". Use Air Force also allows them to really snipe with their crossbow.
Yes, assasin expansion with shadow sons isn't the fastest way, but it is not the only way, it`s just the boost. Shadow son can kill any indi commanders even with bodyguards, without reserch.
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:30 PM

Colonel

You're probably right about unrest increase. I'll probably just increase the price. If they cause problems even after that, Blood Sergeants will lose their dousing bonus.

Intresting stragedy with Fever Fetishes and Clamming. Nice way to feed alugra's everlasting hunger for gems. I don't really clam myself (I hate the micro), but clad to hear that it is working for you.

I've lost few Shadow Sons to independents. The Amazon leaders are a tough nut to crack. Bodyguards and spell spam.
Old May 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Colonel

Default Re: Alugra, City of Wonders v1.03 - Balance update.

Ok, new version. This has been sitting on my computer for weeks, bit I've been to lazy to upload it.

Version 1.03
* Balance update.
- Librarian researchbonus got reduced.
- Increased gold cost of Preachers & Masters & Manifests
- Minor nerf to Smith astral path randoms.
- Increased cost of Train Blood Sergeant
- Blood Sergeants lost douse bonus.
- Fishermen got a drastic cost reduction.
- Mastermind now also produces nature gems.
- Some hero description fixes.
- Changes to forts. No castles under 1000 gold.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM

Colonel

Default Re: Alugra, City of Wonders v1.03 - Balance update.

New version.

With the feedback from the Tourmaline game, I think that version 1.05 is pretty much MP-balanced