Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
I still have it.
Which browser are you using?

MS Edge. But it's OK now, problem solved for me as well.
Old December 1st, 2019, 03:46 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Well as most know, I "generally" don't waste our time by posting items that aren't relevant. I believe this information is, however, I'm still on the fence as to how relevant it'll be in the end. I'm still working it on a "part time" basis which happened to be today.

What I know is there are 10-12 of these tanks (Should sound familiar to you concerning another Ukrainian tank now in the game.) and I posted on this early this year as they were paraded in Kiev.

The other important event is that the KMDB site is back up for access, it was restricted when the trouble began with Russia (Native language only and very basic equipment data.) but was still up at the time we were looking at the OPLOT-M and reevaluating a couple of other tanks (Yes we do that like it or not at times.)

So without any more fanfare...
https://morozov.com.ua/en/bronetanko...botki/yatagan/

I believe after reading this again from the "Think Tank" the re-evaluated OPLOT-M we entered in the last patch, is I think right based on this one review overall.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...st-fight-26287
https://morozov.com.ua/en/bronetanko...rabotki/oplot/
https://morozov.com.ua/en/bronetanko...i-vooruzhenie/

Got things to do (Playing at bachelor with my "budding" Oscar the almost 20 year old turtle who I can't even go out on the town with because he's "underage", that's a bummer!!

Regards,
Pat

POST SCRIPT:
I was just curious about what info was included under the "MODERNIZATION" section of the main site (Ref. 4 above.)
As both YAGATAN & OPLOT-M are better then what they had when the site was "restricted", however, not the case for the "older" tanks. There's some good data which "POSSIBLY" lead to some modification or "NOT", but very useful none the less. I give you the BM BULAT this IS NOT the Ukrainian Army's most modern version as I posted on a few months back the BM BULAT 2017.
https://morozov.com.ua/en/bronetanko...izaciya/bulat/

Got laundry to fold before they disturb my sleep in the morning to Re-Reinstall our new interior doors, Just don't tell CINCLANTHOME, it's a Secret project while she's in Va. So SSHHHhhhh!

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; December 2nd, 2019 at 12:53 PM..
Old December 5th, 2019, 02:13 AM

Lieutenant General

Here we go again! Being redirected to "UPDATE FLASH PLAYER" same issue as last. My rig is clean.

Obviously these people are "Night Stalkers", happened on the main forum ("Move" Thread from Paulo.) and in the TO&Es MBT Thread.

My BITDEFENDER Total Security Suite had todays random scan showing no infection (It does them daily randomly.) going to do an off line scan, if it picks something up I'll report it.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old December 5th, 2019, 05:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Have you cleared your browser's cache since last time?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 5th, 2019, 10:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I emailed Tim at Shrapnel and he acknowledged that "They got to us again" but they have now put additional safeguards in place and hopefully this problem will not re-appear

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 5th, 2019, 11:48 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Just got home...As a matter of routine I always clean out several caches on a daily basis and in preparation of any security checks I'm going to run on my rig.

No issues at my end.

Thank you again and Tim and his crew!

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old December 22nd, 2019, 02:06 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

I found this to be an interesting read.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/ht.../20191219.aspx
Old December 23rd, 2019, 01:07 AM

Lieutenant General

Well I'll buy that author of the above article a beverage of their choice!

And don't none of you get too excited about those 15 tanks or so, they'll be in field testing for sometime to come as I've already posted on in this thread from and as quoted from high ranking officials from Russia's MOD & Army.

How about that "ECONOMICS" lesson? Enough said there, except to say I factor this in when submitting "START" dates of equipment. I can account for this data easily enough with my resources.

Given the above, I'm not that good to account weapons programs being cancelled or delayed in production. To those issues and unless it's out there before submission, Don and I can only get frustrated (Just a little bit!?!) and react to the situation. We've seen plenty of that over the years and quite frankly, I fear there'll be more to come including the T-14 and the OTHER USUAL SUSPECTS.

We do what we can with what we have. You just gotta roll with it.

I'll be working the Holidays (Again.) this year, but, I want to wish all of you the very best of the season no matter how you celebrate them!!!!!!

Again that was both a good find and article.

Regards,
Pat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old December 23rd, 2019, 02:13 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

All I'll say is we somehow manage to afford aircraft and ships ... most of which cost far more then a tank. Maybe we'll have smaller tank formations in the future (the US has already reduced a platoon from 5 tanks to 4). Not every tank needs to be top-of-the line, for instance the Russians use the BMP-3 with a 100mm main gun and the US the Stryker M1128 with a 105mm main gun for infantry support.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old December 23rd, 2019, 03:09 AM

Lieutenant General

You simply can't compare the two economies. For 2019 the U.S. is tracking to retake the #1 (GDP per capita (Nominal) ($) #8.) spot while China looks to drop back too #2 (GDP per capita (Nominal) ($) #70.) mostly caused by the "trade war" started this past summer.

Russia's situation is much worse and based on the Sunday morning news program is likely to get even worse after the holidays when Sen. Graham (SC) is apparently going to introduce further stricter sanctions on Russia.

Russia is tracking to close out 2019 with a ranking of #11 (GDP per capita (Nominal) ($) #66.)

I are "Bubblehead Investor" and these things matter to varying degrees when putting your future on the line or buying military equipment etc. etc. and so on and so forth.
http://www.statisticstimes.com/econo...dp-ranking.php

Please note their source in the header.

Regards,
Pat