BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old November 27th, 2017, 02:20 PM

Private

PAnz3r is on a distinguished road
Default Questions

Hi, I have recently bought the CD version and I have some question for the community:

- is it possible to speed up the inter-turn phase? Some big scenarios take 10 minute only to show the arty barrages

- how Manpads work? I got some SA-16 and I want to fire at some choppers...but I can't..they use only their AK o.O, why? MANPADS was enabled and I have tried also to force it

- I can't understand how aircrafts work, a lot of time I wasted my grachs strikes against empty hexes, they rarely engage opportunity targets near the choosen hexes...sometimes they even make friendly fire...it's something related to the spotter LOS?

- How much points are needed, in a generated scenario, to recreate a battalion size clash? Circa
Old November 27th, 2017, 04:04 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions

I will take a shot at this

1- No unless you want to get a faster PC, the AI isconducting its turn, more units means more time. Just because you saw nothing does not mean it did nothing.

2- My guess is helos are closer than minimum range for the MANPAD's, they like some other types of weapon have a minimum & maximum range look at the unit info.
Could be many other things, no LOS no ammo.

3- Spotter LOS helps but planes attack what they see as a likely target near their target hex or as a good oportunity on the run in a reasonable distance from target area.
Plane picks target from what IT sees so more likely to spot large & or fast moving targets including mistaking freindly at times, low experience side is less likely to spot a suitable target so will just attack the hex targeted.
See threads about planes but generally dont attack near friendlys or fly over friendlys near target area. Depending on the weapon the plane can sometimes prefer to target hard or soft units.

4- Set points to max 65000 or something like that, set AI pointsto XX & buy what you want, AI gets correc points base on your purchase.
I would strongly suggest starting way smaller & learning the game mechanics before playing larger battles.
Old November 27th, 2017, 04:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAnz3r View Post
Hi, I have recently bought the CD version and I have some question for the community:

- is it possible to speed up the inter-turn phase? Some big scenarios take 10 minute only to show the arty barrages
adjust your graphics delay found in the MISC tab of game options down or change your preferences to fast arty ON

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 27th, 2017, 06:27 PM

Private

Thanks, I set fast arty and it's better.
Old November 27th, 2017, 07:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Just remember if you PBEM you need to turn Fast arty OFF or you won't see replays of arty

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:56 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Questions

Quote:

- how Manpads work? I got some SA-16 and I want to fire at some choppers...but I can't..they use only their AK o.O, why? MANPADS was enabled and I have tried also to force it

- I can't understand how aircrafts work, a lot of time I wasted my grachs strikes against empty hexes, they rarely engage opportunity targets near the choosen hexes...sometimes they even make friendly fire...it's something related to the spotter LOS?

- How much points are needed, in a generated scenario, to recreate a battalion size clash? Circa
If you have not tried to play, that is study the tutorial scenario, I strongly urge you to do so.

Old November 30th, 2017, 05:46 PM

Private

I done the tutorial, now I'm playing some scenarios, I have played "soviet glory" and another with soviet advance versus england defenders in late 80s; both draw...but I almost totally destroyed the enemy forces.

I can't understand if AI is a worthy opponent, against the english I choose the soviet but I think that the scenario was made with human as english, because the soviet forces are totally overwhelming.

One thing that I'm not so able to manage is the mech infantry, sometimes I deploy the grunt too far away from the clash and sometimes too inside it....

I want to try some PBEM but at the moment I haven't an opponent
Old November 30th, 2017, 07:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Questions

Quote:

I can't understand if AI is a worthy opponent, against the english I choose the soviet but I think that the scenario was made with human as english, because the soviet forces are totally overwhelming.
From the scenario description

Quote:

Soviet Glory*

Note: If played against the AI, the human player should take the Soviet side.*
* SPECIAL VICTORY CONDITIONS: This scenario has only two victory categories: victory or defeat. The Soviet player is considered victorious by having 800 or more points at the end of the scenario than the West German player. The Soviet player is considered defeated by having less than 800 points at the end of the scenario than the West German player.*
You played the correct side and if you had 800 points more than the AI won the game. I'm a bit puzzled though you said... "that the scenario was made with human as English"..... there are no British troops in that scenario

Old November 30th, 2017, 07:57 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

There is no "English" OOB in our games since one is unable to set the date back to 1706 in any of them.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 05:19 AM

Private

One scenario was Soviet Glory, the other was one which I don't remember the name, with soviets against english, in this scenario I used the soviets,thay have and overwhelming force and was pretty easy to win, because the scenario was designed for using english.
The Following User Says Thank You to PAnz3r For This Useful Post: