.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > ProSimCo > BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series
Notices

Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:12 PM

Private

mgarnett is on a distinguished road
Default AATF Crash

Hi All,

I purchased the entire ProSim collection a while ago and have run them fine on my laptop. I haven't tried to play them for a couple of months but now, everytime I start AATF it crashes before displaying the GUI. If I open up a debug session in VS2010 it is reporting an accss violation in AATF.EXE.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled without any luck. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with SP1. I'm pretty sure the last time I played was prior to installing SP1 so I'm not sure if that is the cause of the problem or now. I have also tried to run the demo which crashes with the same error.

If I run AATF using the old interface (which runs fine), I just wanted to make sure I was still receiving all of the same engine benefits under the hood.

Also, I wanted to check to se if anybody else was experiencing any similar issues.

Cheers

Mark
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:57 PM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AATF Crash

We have heard a couple of issues with SP1. The first thing I would check is that your sound device driver is still up to date and that the sound device is still active (not disabled). For some reason W7,SP1 seems to shut off some soundcards.
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:30 AM

Private

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the response (great games by the way).

I can run the game fine on my desktop which is a pretty highly specced machine running ATI twin 5870 card in Crossfire, 12 gig of ram and a Creative XFi. It's got Windows 7 64 bit also installed along with SP1 (I thought our of both machines, this would be the one that had troubles).

My laptop is a Macbook Pro running Windows 7 64 bit also with SP1 installed. The only difference in OS between the two, is that the laptop has IE9 installed, whereas my desktop is still running IE8 (although I use Firefox on both).

Could IE9 be the cause of the problem (I wasn't sure if you used any IE extensions/controls in the GUI)?

When I start the game on the laptop, I see the game window open briefly with a white background and then I get the "not respondng" dialog box telling me it has crashed. Sometime, I can see the "client edge" of a square control inside this Window before the crash.

I have confirmed sound drivers are up to date along with video drivers (both downloaded and installed while I was troubleshooting the problem).

Cheers

Mark
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM

Brigadier General

I am sorry you are having problems.

I don’t believe IE 9 is the issue. However, I have heard of folks having a problem if IE is not set in Windows as the default browser.

After that, I would check the ammount of video memory on your computer. You must have at least 128 MB.
Old May 17th, 2011, 05:51 AM

Private

Hi Pat,

Well the problem is now solved . I used a debugging program OllyDbg 1.10 and it showed an issue when playing the introduction videos. Specifically, it was trying to call the default video player, DivX Plus, and this was where it was crashing for some reason.

I uninstalled DivX Plus and now AATF runs fine. My desktop has this same application installed and it runs fine, so it must have been something unique to this installation.

Cheers

Mark
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Brigadier General

Well, I am sorry I didn't fix the problem, but I am glad it is fixed!