.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:52 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Finland

Turn 20

Spotted a total of 10 enemy squads in two groups. One is heading towards the Engineers and one is heading towards Bravo. Since each group has five squads, I'm likely facing two enemy infantry companies. The group heading towards the Engineers is spread just a bit more, so some might be heading towards Alpha as well. I've got tanks moving back to support the Engineers. One platoon isn't going to stop the lion's share of an enemy company.

The other group of five is strung out in a line heading straight for the gap in Bravo's line. The third platoon isn't in position yet and Charlie's platoon is further away. I'm sending six tanks and to ACs to help deal with this gap.

As much as I want to counter battery against the enemy mortar, I've got to hold mine to help the Engineers.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: Zero.
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Captain

Turn 21

Shifting troops to meet the threats. Enemy group up north vanished in the trees, but the southern group is still visible. I'm going to engage them with tank fire. Maybe I can slow them down and allow my infantry to get into position.

Casualties

Enemy: Zero.
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM

Captain

Turn 22

Flag 300m northwest of Engineers turned. Enemy might have scouts out front or some troops I haven't spotted. Others are still visible after all, about 200m back from the flag. Plotted artillery near flags.

Opened up on southern enemy infantry with tanks, inflicting two casaulties.

Casualties

Enemy: Two casualties.
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM

Captain

Turn 23

Engineers tense and waiting.

Tank fire and small arms from Bravo's position. Casualties on both sides. Artillery falling on HMG section from Charlie.

Casualties

Friendly: One casualty.

Enemy: Four casualties.
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM

Captain

Turn 24

Enemy in range near Engineers. Time to open up.

Bravo pouring fire into advancing enemy. They have a few more down. Six squads spotted, so that is half a company. Tanks still moving up. Kosmolets moving north on road to add to the fire on the enemy.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 5 casualties.
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM

Captain

Turn 25

Flank support opened up with one AAMG and ATGs, inflicting one casualty. Mortar fire coming in also, but affect unknown.

Bravo continuing to engage enemy on their front. Several more Finns down and one squad running. No return fire.

Incoming mail suppressed Charlie HMG section, but nothing else. Charlie still moving into position. They are at their objective location, but it is pretty large and they are moving through. Kosmolets, tanks and ACs still moving up. Everything is slow in the snow.

Delta scouts moving forward to see if their area is clear.

Casualties

Old September 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Captain

Turn 26

Scout sneaked up on one of my engineers and hit him for a couple of casualties. Flank guns still firing, but no damage. Mortar fire dropping around the flags, but can't assess the damage.

Bravo still peppering enemy troops. ACs finally got up and opened fire as well. Tanks still moving up. Charlie platoon still moving up and so are the Kosmolets.

Delta scouts not sighting any enemy units.

Casualties

Friendly: Two casualties.

Old September 6th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Captain

Turn 27

My engineers are soft and taking a beating. They are taking casualties. My flank guns are still engaging the enemy and doing damage. One tank also arrived and opened up on the enemy. This isn't going to stop an entire Finish company. My engineers are here because I didn't think they would get engaged. Now, I have to try to get some help up to them. Alpha seems clear, so I'm going to try to shift some troops over.

The enemy engaging Bravo is taking a beating. The numbers don't seem like it, but their advance has been stalled. Since Charlie's sector seems clear, I'm going to push another platoon up the road. One platoon should be able to hold the sector.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Captain

Turn 28

Engineers are still taking casualties. Enemy artillery fell in the area, as much on them as me. I'm going to pull them back some to buy time for help to arrive and maybe draw the enemy more into my flank guns. Two tanks are up now and two platoons from Alpha are on the way. It will take a while for them to get there, however. One platoon will stay in place near Bravo and one HMG section is also covering the area.

Still hammering enemy in front of Bravo. They are stalled, but I need to get them running so I can move units up the road to support the Engineers.

Charlie is going to hold their sector with one platoon, two squads covering each gap coming in. Some unseen enemy is in the area, because I have seen a couple of flags turn nearby. I believe it is just a single enemy squad, because I thought I saw one heading that way a while ago.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Captain

Turn 29

There is still pressure on the Engineers, but no men down this turn. Flank guns still engaging, as are tanks. One of my engineer squads actually fired and dropped one. Pulling back has helped because enemy artillery is falling completely on their own men. I need all the help I can get here. My mortars also dropped rounds on the enemy.

Most of the original enemy troops in Bravo's sector are running. A fresh squad and scout appeared on the sector boundary between Alpha and Bravo, but that is the one Alpha platoon that stayed in place. They opened up on the new arrivals and dropped a few.

I found out who was turning flags near Charlie's sector, but lost a Kosmolet in the process. There is one ski sniper there. Two assaults on the Kosmolet resulted in it being killed. The sniper put some rounds into a Charlie squad, dropping a few men there as well. I need to take that guy out.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xKosmolet destroyed, estimated 5 casualties.