Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 24th, 2005, 12:53 PM

Private

JPYBasser is on a distinguished road
Default Sounds

I have tried graphic delay settings from 50 to 20. The intermittent sound problem occurs in each setting, especially during artillery bombardment. The 50 setting works best on my computer for everything but sound. I have an Emachines T3985 with an Intel 340 Celeron processor and 512 Mb ram. I was just wondering about progress or cure for this problem.
Old June 24th, 2005, 06:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sounds

Quote:
JPYBasser said:
I have tried graphic delay settings from 50 to 20. The intermittent sound problem occurs in each setting, especially during artillery bombardment. The 50 setting works best on my computer for everything but sound. I have an Emachines T3985 with an Intel 340 Celeron processor and 512 Mb ram. I was just wondering about progress or cure for this problem.

The problem we have trying to sort out reports like this is it doesn't happen on our machines . We need more info than just "intermittent sound problem occurs in each setting" Tell us what you hear ( or don't hear ) I assume there is a delay. How long? Are you running with fast arty on or off? What nation are you firing and what gun ( maybe it's an OOB problem ?? ) there are dozens of variables and the more info we get the easier it is to try to solve

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Private

During any bombardment a click occurs instead of the bombardment sound. Sometimes clicks occur instead of proper weapon sound when firing a weapon. I have tried this with the number 6 and 7 scenario. Occurs everytime during the intial bombardment of Egypt in scenario 7. Also, in NVA bombardment of scenario 6 by turn 2 or 3. I always play with fast artillery off. I have tried it with stock oob's and my slightly altered oob's with no difference. Graphic delay settings make no difference. It seems that sometimes a sound does not play or you hear a soft click. Sometimes if you fire a small arms at a tank (ARVN v NVA) the ping sound on the tank is a little delayed and seems to mix with the weapon sound, especially with a 40 mm grenade launcher. Sometimes the weapon sound is not heard with a miss. Of course other times firing a weapon is fine. However, artillery bombardments always have about 1/3 to 1/2 of impact sounds missing or just a soft click. Also, when the NVA tanks fire at my infantry sometimes the main gun sound is missing or delayed sometimes not. I know other players have had the same problem. I hope this helps.
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:00 PM

Private

I just tried playing more of scenario 7 as the Israelis. When the Egyptian anti-tank rockets fired at my tanks and hit you would first hear a ping sound and then explosion sound when tank was destroyed. When my tanks fired back all sounds sometimes missed or delayed for all the tanks weapons. Also, about 1/2 of the BM-21 rockets produced no sound or a soft click on impact. This happens with every bombardment no matter what artillery or mortar is bombarding.
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:02 PM

Private

I also forgot to mention that these symptoms occur with or without mouse clicks enabled.
Old June 25th, 2005, 12:30 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
JPYBasser said:
graphics delay is for the graphics, and not sound.

Are you running with the battle sounds off? - those files are much larger than the FX sound files, and may be straining your sound card's capabilities.

Have you tried setting the message delay to 0 on the preferences screen?.

What is the sound card in any case? - and have you checked that you have the latest driver set loaded for it?. have you tried any options its control application allows for, like decreasing or increasing acceleration etc?.

Does it come with some sort of mixer application - if so, are all the balances etc (auxiliary balance for example) in the normal positions?.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:05 AM

Private

Mobhack I never run battle sounds, can't stand them. I have message delay set to 0. All my drivers are up to date. I checked when I purchased the computer about one month ago. I don't know about mixer application, but my volume settings are the same for each volume bar. The solution in the thread on possible sound fix corrected most of the problem, but not completely. I posted my computer specs on that thread. Haven't tried changing acceleration yet, but the settings are to maximum acceleration. Thanks for the response.
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Ok - assuming your machine is XP - check out the possible work around i have posted in the new sticky thread.

Check that out - and post any findings under that thread so we can keep track of results (if any) in the one thread.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 25th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Corporal

Alby is on a distinguished road

The problem I see lies in where 2 sounds are trying to play at the same time.
One will either not play or cut out.

IMHO

Lt. Col. William Barrett Travis- The Alamo-1836