.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEV After Action Reports

Old October 14th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

aegisx is on a distinguished road
Default United Earth Consortium - Take 1

Just got SE5, first real experience with an SE game (played SE4 a little).

This is a pretty much standard game using Kwok's Balance mod.

-----------

The United Earth government has contracted out its space exploration to a group of major corporations allied under the name, United Earth Consortium. The government is a Corporate structure and the ppopulas are excellent engineers. The consortium's strengths are they are Cunning, builders and Hardy Industrialists.

Any good corporation has a project plan. The UEC's current goals are:

-Locate and secure resources
-Increase technology to further expansion and subsequent profits

(Thats really all for now, as they they don't know anyone else is out there).

The initial survey of the home system shows 3 planets that we could colonize but none of them have an Oxygen atmosphere.

Ghedron II is the closest and the remote survey shows it has good miniral deposit possibilities (127%) and is pretty large.

Ghedron I is small, but shows excellent agri possibilties (144%).

Ghedron VII is far away, but shows decent radioactive potential.

It has been deceided Ghedron II will be the first target for a miniral extraction facility.

First though, we need a ship. The Azure I class colony ship was designed and put into production for the purpose.

NOTE: I don't seem to have any command icons when I have my colony selected. I had to right click on it to go to the construction queue.
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: United Earth Consortium - Take 1

Due to our handy engineers and builders, the first Azure I class ships was completed in .1 month. SInce Ghedron II was pretty close, it arrived a few months later and setup shop. The dome will limit us to 4k tons, so we immediatly started mining operations.

During the preperations to mine, our engineers discovered ancient ruins of some sort. We don't have too many details yet, but this could very well mean we are not alone. Due to the sensitivty of the information, we are not allowing any communications from Ghedron II until we know more.

We have started construction on another Azure colony ship to colonize Ghedron VII. I have a feeling we will need all the radio's we can get.

Our sensors have picked up 2 warp points in the system. We plan on sending ships to investigate soon. To do this, a survey vessel class ship was created called the Explorer I.

the Explorer I is armed with a DU cannon in case of asteroids or other unforseen objects. It also has 2 extra Supply storage containers.

NOTE Feel free to comment or anything too
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

Construction went well on the Ghedron II mineral extraction facility. To compliment this, we also began constructing a storage facility for the minerals. This new facility will alow us to store 70,000 tons. Currently, we have 50k in reserve.

The new Explorer I class ship should be complete soon. The search is going slow for someone to captain it, not much experience available for such a voyage. HR as usual is slowing up the process. I guess the applicants just don't have the right keywords in their resumes... oh well.

Our government liason has been pestering me about building a ground military force for keeping the population in line. I think this should be their responsibility, but it looks like we will have to comply. The general populas does not like the idea of a corporation leading up our space ventures. It is the same response they got in the 1990's 2000's when globalization really took off. Now it is on the scale of a solar system. Our marketing department is working on the problem.
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

The first minerals from Ghedron II made it to our factories this month. We are getting 2706 tons from the initial facility per month (or so). It won't take very long for the colony to pay for itself at this rate. (OOC: actually it seems like it will pay for itself very quickly if it hasn't already... not sure that is a good thing). Based on this success, we will begin construction of a second facility.

The second colony ship has put down on Ghedron VII and started work on the dome. It is a small planet and it looks like we will only get 1 facility out of it. The construction of the radioactive extraction facility will begin soon.

Those ground troops I mentioned are being trained. The units are called SAV's for small assault vehicle. 5 divisions are being rolled out on Ghedron XI. They should keep the people in line until our marketing department puts their plan into action.

Our Explorer class vessel is complete. We named it the UEC Enterprise. I actually got to name it! I got the name off of that mega-singer William Shatner. I think he did a commercial or something with a spaceship called that.

We did find a captain for the Enterprise. It was some tanker captain who coincidentally asked for the least amount of money. I'm sure it will work out well. The Enterprise will be launching soon off to one of the warp points.

Next month I have to give a report to the board about our finances. Things are looking good though, more on that next time.
Old October 14th, 2006, 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

One thing I am doing as I write the "story" , I am creating a UEC empire Mod, that will hopefully play like I am. We'll see how that goes
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

One turn is 0.1 Years, not 0.1 months... typically each turn is referred to as a month (so there are 10 months per year)

Also, do you mean you're writing an AI that plays like you, or a mod with tweaks you like?

And good luck in your game! May your empire live in interesting times
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

I'm modding an empire (Terran) to play more in the corporate style. I plan on making AI script adjustments too, but it'll be a work in progress. Can't wait for the AI vs AI tourny's
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

Today we received some disturbing news from the Enterprise in the Qornor system. During their survey they have discovered 2 planets which look to be populated! No further information is available at the moment.

Because of this discovery, I commissioned our ship design folks to come up with a solution for defense of the warp point. They came up with a satellite based solution. The Illinois class Sat layer also has alot of cargo space, making it a dual use ship.

A satellite design was also made, the SAS I with sensors and two DU cannons.

At home, we started construction on a second Explorer I ship and a new colony ship. These should be complete in a few months.

As for our finances we are looking good:

27,000 in minerals
3,500 in agri
6,000 in radio

Our storage is full for minerals, so we will construct another storage facility on Ghedron II.

Our R&D department has been pretty quiet, I am going to have to check with them and see what they are up to.

------------------

The Enterprise received a signal from the populated planet, they claim they are the Ya'Thoxiruc Empire. They seem to be based around a collective, very interesting. We are not going to do much with them at the moment until we have secured our position.

The new Explorer I class ship was built and named the UEC Cadence. It has departed for the other warp point.

I spent some time in the simulators trying to figure out how many satellites we need to defend the warp point. The results are not very promising. It looks like we will need at least 20 to defend against 4 ships, assuming their technology is like ours. That is the plan for now, deploy 20 to the warp point. Ghedron II will begin production immediately.
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

The UEC has reported that a ship is blocking their access to the Warp point. They identify themselves as the Eee Consortium. It seems the universe is a crowded place.

An azure was sent to the last colonizable planet in the system. It should arrive in a months time.

The R&D department says they are in need of more help so it looks like more labs will have to be constructed. We also may have to rethink how we are allocating our funds. Many ares or just a couple?
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Private

Fremen is on a distinguished road

I love the way you are writing this, I can't wait to read more! Keep up the great discourse, it's infectious.