.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM

Private

jamesmcm is on a distinguished road
Default \"Nagot gik fel\"

Anyone else having this bug?

I just updated the game and now it crashes after every turn and gives me the 'nagot gik fel' error message. The game is unplayable now... I guess i'll have to reinstall..

Also whenever it has to resolve a battle the game stops responding completely.

Oh and to be more specific the error message reads:

Nagot gick fel!
ConvArmyNbr: error!
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:21 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: \"Nagot gik fel\"

"Något gick fel" is Swedish and means "something went wrong". I don't know what "ConvArmyNbr error" is.
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

It's possible that if you're playing a pre-latest patch game and applied the latest patch, something changed to make the previous game incompatible. It could be something like things changing for some nation in the game (more units, changed unit stats, changed monster number or something else) and that causing havoc with the game. You should save the turn files and send them to Illwinter so that they can look at what has gone wrong.

Edi
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM

Private

jamesmcm is on a distinguished road

I made a new game after installing the patch..
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Sergeant

tibbs is on a distinguished road

I also get this error when completing my multiplayer turns.
The turns do save to the server. I don't know why it has started doing it. I patched to the latest version a few weeks ago.
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

If you have a game save that crashes then it can be helpful.

The only ones I know of that started having problems with the last patch were people who didnt use their own serial numbers. One of my machines started crashing because I had an old beta-test serial that I forgot to update with my commercial copy serial.

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Sergeant

tibbs is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm using my own serial. The crashes are occuring when playing multiplayer games. I think when doing a TCP/IP game it does download the saved file to my computer so I can email or post the saved file if someone wants to take a look.
Old December 28th, 2006, 08:42 PM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

I've got ConvArmyNBr errors in my "AllUnits" test maps (which gives 1 unit of each type to view) when I use unit id that doesn't exist.
Weird it could occur on any "real" game though ...
Old December 29th, 2006, 04:01 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

I think it is a generic error message. I got one when my machine ran out of memory, but it was due to other programs, not Dom. Also, it was a message that came up in Dom II on occasion and one fairly prolific poster used it as his posting name!
Old December 29th, 2006, 06:23 AM

Corporal

QXel is on a distinguished road

I have this sometime to, since v3.04.

And some other things :
-game hang in turn resolution (I have to kill the process, at least when I can return to the Windows desktop which is not all times ... else reboot computer ...)
-another message like 'smpr to long for this file' or something like that (I'll note it the next time)
-hang up in batlle view with strange graphics bugs (spells effects graphics again and again ...) the crash game or total hang up. If I quit the battle before that, It is ok, but if I review another battle, it's the same, wether in this turn or another

Others, that might not be bugs :
-very very very slow battles review (even with fast forward activited) especially when resolving mages actions (say : at least 3 to 4 seconds to the mage to act ... when you have a battle with 10 mages, it's really nasty), usually with grassy (and gently moving) terrain ... CPU overload ?
-100% CPU load when I ALT-TAB to Windows ... Dominions 3 take almost all the CPU time and memory is mostly full.

Often, when I can detect things (especially 'the battle graphic bug') and quit the game (I mean exit the current game AND Dominions 3) and relaunch it, everything's all right.
So I am sure that a saved game send to IllWinter won't help. I am pretty sure that it is some kind of memory bug (or perhaps drivers bug).
I will look at some system messages or DrWatson report, but I'm not sure something significant is logged.

I have not try to reinstall at this time.
I have installed the game, then patched it in 3.01, then in 3.04.
I run on a Windows XP computer, SP2, Athlon 64, 1Go RAM, no Internet connexion (so less susceptible - but not totally safe - to virus or worms or trojan or other very nasty things).

It just annoying, but not dramatic, because it's not all the time. Generally, it happens after 1 hour of game, and since it does not corrupt the game itself, I'm going with that. But it still very strange ...

See also this thread.

The common answer from Johan K is that it is a bad CD-Key.
I don't undestand why, or what the relation might be, but he's a professionnal, so, I believe him. I'll will try to reinstall the game (well, after the festive season).

See you in 2007 !

Happy new year for everybody all around the world.

The One Who Only Play Single Player Games For Fun, Who Is Not A Maniac of 'The Ultimate Tactic', The Negation of 'The Ugly But Very Efficient Micro-Management For Winning With Minimum Losses And Ascend All The Time'