winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old August 5th, 2015, 06:36 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Requests to the FB Patch page.

Simple...This is a tool for requests only please. Help me as follows please...

What I request...
1)Name of equipment.
2)Country of origin.
3)A reliable source (Wiki or Blog data will push it down to the BOTTOM of my work list.)
4) Going to limit this to 10 Items this time around up until 25 September (It just sounds good.).

What you get...
1) Feedback/Status to include if it's already on my work list. My more recent posts in the various threads I set up are worth checking as well before submitting as I tend to go back to them as a check against my work list.

2) I've always in the submission thanked those persons for taking the time to bring those past items to my attention all of them actually turned out to be fairly significant to the time in history they were used in at least in one case and or otherwise to the OOB it was intended for. I see no reason to change this.
So again thank you!

THANK YOU!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old August 5th, 2015, 07:20 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Requests to the FB Patch page.

You more than likley already have these on your watchlist:

JAGUAR and GRIFFON, the new (to be delivered 2018) Wheeled armoured combat vehicles that won the French "Project EBMR Scorpion" to replace the VAB, Sagie and AMX10.

https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/world...nexter-rtd-and

(I was kinda hoping the Panhard CRAB and SPHINX won so the modern French army would have vehicles with more than a passing resemblence to the 60's/70's British Fox and Saladin )

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old August 5th, 2015, 11:57 PM

Lieutenant General

Fallout Re: Requests to the FB Patch page.

Yes I'm tracking both. However I don't know if your fully aware of this or not but for a 2 or 3 year period up until about two years ago we had a fairly widespread culling of equipment from the OOB's. I'm not throwing stones, but it's worth noting a lot of equipment got entered in the game that never saw the light of day, where entered much too soon, or as recently noted in the case of Italy ARIETE MBT too late. And Italy on this tank is a perfect example of "never saw the light of day", Italy only operates the C1 version, no other variant is in service or likely to be by games end 2020 unless Russia does does something really-not smart. Italy has put most of it's faith in the CENTURO (Suppositely it has or soon will operate one with a 120mm-verifying that.) so, If you check that OOB (And I invite anyone to do so.) you'll see at least 6-8 MBT's up for deletion. I think I commented on this in the MBT Thread but, I'm recommending one advanced one with modification to be held in "reserve" should things change so we'll have one ready to go plus for anything beyond 2020 it'll be there for whomever to carry it over which just now gives me an idea you'll have to wait for.
I try to avoid all of this as some know (Don, IMP, Suhiir and more recently GingerTanker for sure.) by heavy use of reliable refs, catch phrases such as "contracts signed", "ready to ship", "expected delivery date(s)", "operational evaluation completed", "approved for military use" and "is/has become/will be operational by" etc. you just have to get past all "the wiz bang" stuff and read what's in the meat of the article this is one of the big traps that get's people in trouble out here, including myself on occasion. Don and I many years ago came up with an agreement concerning submissions, preferences agreed to...

1) Currently fielded or within 6 months.
2) Out to a year with strong references to support the case for the item with the synopsis to support it, a "defense lawyer" approach is a analogy here.
3) The best I've managed was around three years and we knew a later date change would be needed and that was for India's ARJUN MBT. There was some back and forth there.

This has saved us a lot of rework compared to others we've found out here. I really hate those "Rabbit Holes" I find myself going down to fix a mistake from years past while working on a related piece of equipment.

I respect those agreed upon wishes and that working relationship and that we can come to a consensus on the issues.

You can get a feel if bored one night into the process we go through in the FASTBOAT Patch page Thread.

See short and concise!?!

But since you were kind enough to read this I won't leave you empty handed so related to the same country and equipment type, here's what I hope to get in instead and it's bigger and badder...
http://www.janes.com/article/50171/f...f-630-vehicles
http://www.armyrecognition.com/idex_...mm_cannon.html
http://www.armyrecognition.com/octob...vehicle_0.html

Well the last bit was shorter and concise!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old August 6th, 2015, 07:55 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

If you look close at the Ariete's you'll see that aside from passive ATGM defence systems and FC there is NO change to the basic tank a "C1"'s armour is the same as a C4 and a C4+ has the same armour as a C1+ .These C2, C3 and C4's are mainly just ways of showing VRRS and FC upgrades.......Now if they DID NOT add VRRS or improve FC we have a good reason to remove them otherwise we are going to have a lot of C1's with different VRRS and FC configurations
Old November 15th, 2015, 11:24 PM

Lieutenant General

Due to circumstances beyond my control, my intended output for the next patch will be significantly less than I had hoped. I intend to focus on one of my threads almost exclusively which has been for years now neglected to the point that some of this equipment is known by another name. I also hoped to fix the OOB for the Turkish tanks, French LeClercs and one other. So this coming week I'll get some answers and will be gone the following week, whose timing I look forward to more now then when this was planned for last Jan.

So in the mean time I'll extend this offer until 1 Dec. at which time I'll already be back and hopefully starting my work in a more focused manner as noted above. I will again respond to all and present them in the order received and they will be given priority over the above projects. It's 'our" game after all.

Don you can expect that PM later this week when I get some answers. To avoid speculation I'm fine.

Regards,
Pat

P.S. How can I get my RADCON symbol back on the threads I started? Submarine thing makes me feel like I'm at home!?! Just asking!?! Thanks!!

Old November 16th, 2015, 08:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
P.S. How can I get my RADCON symbol back on the threads I started? Submarine thing makes me feel like I'm at home!?! Just asking!?! Thanks!!

do you see a tab names "Thread tools" --it's at the start of the page you are in and it's beside " Search this thread" ?? That's where you put that symbol back. Select "Edit thread"

Don

Last edited by DRG; November 16th, 2015 at 05:51 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old November 16th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Thanks for fixing them!

Regards,
Pat

Old November 17th, 2015, 05:13 AM

Corporal

luigim is on a distinguished road

Request for change or correction

Russian OOB Strike Element Section

I think that Su-24, the one armed with LGB ammo, must be upgraded to Su-24M standard it has 30 vision vs 20 standard Su-24, better EW and Fire Control).

First, because standard Su-24 ( non M version in the game) , this is soviet heritage, it is no longer in service.

Second, because the evidence is that in Syrian conflict, as an operational standard, new Su-34 are sided by improved Su-24M tactical bombers.

Source: http://lenta.ru/news/2011/10/21/su24/ - it says that now ( 2014-2015 there are only Su24M and su24M2 in service, the second already in OOB)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ssia/su-24.htm

http://www.military-today.com/aircra...u24_fencer.htm

I think that standard Su-24 ended its service shortly after USSR collapse. After, only Su-24M improved version.

If there's a place in Russian OOB, I think it's a good upgrade or sobstitution ( after USSR collapse I think that only Su-24M had operational readiness, according to globalsecurity, spare parts crisis).

I think that you can sobstitute standard su 24 with LGB bombs in the OOB with improved M version without adding a new unit in the OOB. To operate LGB bombs, RuAF need improved M version, with new avionics suite since 1986 it entered in service.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope this was explained well.

Thank you

EDIT: I made a better research in OOB. Definitely there is an ERROR.

Su 24M entered service in 1986 with LGB capability.

But here in the OOB, su24M is in service BEFORE 1986 ( armed with GM and CBU) - I think this must be downgraded to su 24 standard ( 20 vision, 4EW, 15 Fire Control).

Classic su24 enters in service in the OOB AFTER 1986! And with standard su 24 values! So not its improved values ( 30 vision, 8 EW, 20 Fire Control)!

So: my proposal is to downgrade SU-24M in the OOB to Su-24 standard,

and upgrade Su24 ( the one after 1986) to Su-24M

it's only a change of name and values BUT NOT WEAPON AND NO DATE CHANGE. So it saves OOB slots and it improves OOB accuracy. I'm talking about STRIKE ELEMENT SECTION and not bomber section ( that section is good). Su24M2 slot is fine.

I think it's critical to USSR and Russian tactical bombing capability in the game ( su 24 is the main tactical bomber in USSR-Russian arsenal)

Thank you

Last edited by luigim; November 17th, 2015 at 05:37 AM..
Old November 17th, 2015, 07:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

This is the wrong thread for that request but moving it is too much trouble. You should have started a new tread

The info has been put onto the master change list

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old November 17th, 2015, 01:58 PM

Lieutenant General

To clarify what I'm looking for are equipment not yet in the game AND not already, at least covered in one of my threads where indicated it's on my work list i.e. T-14 ARMATA can most certainly wait until next year or the year. They are scheduled to complete/or start operational evaluations until about mid-2017.
Think more along the lines of the HURRICANE replacement the HORNET which dated back to the late 40's of which four different aircraft were added during the 2013/2014 patch input which GUD brought to my attention with many thanks!!

Regards,
Pat