Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 29th, 2010, 03:59 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New long campaign player needs tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Hence the SP Mortars Andy suggested
Wonders where GE SP mortars are, until after '42-'43

Unless you are refering to Sig's or Wespe's which are atry class.

Oh wait,i see now the 8cm Grw comes in by Apr '40 too late for the poland campiagn,but very interesting
The OP was talking about the desert - and I suggested SPA or SPM, both systems are available then.

15cm SP Sig is a nice bit of early war AT kit for the Germans, direct fire or indirect to personal taste. It can manage 11 penetration if it rolls the right dice, but rattles the cage of Char B, Matilda or Klim Vorshilov just fine if it does not crack them. If it does not disassemble them, it will blow their socks off from time to time, making them sitting ducks (or crew abandonment on closing) candidates. Or perhaps they will run away and nurse their headaches. Big warhead, so more chance of track damage. Any six inch bricks delivered on such also do a nice number on any infantry in close support. if they are bunched up, even better, you get a BOGOFF deal!.

Every German core should have at least 2 SP Sig, just well, because bigger bricks make better bangs.

Funnily enough, I also like having a few core SU-152, when playing as Russian. Why be subtle?.

Just don't forget to invest in dedicated armoured ammo carriers for them, as they have short pockets ammo-wise.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:56 AM

Private

Greyfell is on a distinguished road

yeah, I'm seriously considering plugging some Sig's in when I get through this game seven against the brit's. I"m in north africa now but I bought some in support for a balkans mission and they are pretty sweet. Like you said, not many rounds though.

I've gotten all my PZ III's upgraded to 'G' models, and the AT guns are 50 L60 now. Added some Jpz 1's and upgraded the mortars and their trucks to self propelled 8cm mortars.

My biggest problem on crowded maps like the balkans is being a bit TOO cautious. I waited until far to late in the game to try a victory hex grab and didn't get more then half as a result. Still, the worst I've suffered this time through are two draws to go with my four minor victories and one decisive.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:08 PM

Private

Nitro Cruiser is on a distinguished road

Something else to consider, increase the map size a little to give your support units a little breathing room, but not too much or you'll spend a number of turns just getting to the front.

Speed is a great asset of the German forces, us it to your advantage. I like to buy a couple of motorcycle units. There is one that has two MMG's with it. It is great for zooming ahead, dropping off the MMG's into position and grabbing victory hexes. The MMG's can even put a hurting on British Dingo's and other armored cars. At the very least they tie down enemy forces, while your slower armor can catch up.