.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 21st, 2007, 07:08 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default PBEM hosts - LlamaServer can automate your games

(I meant to post this ages and ages ago)

[Summary: I have an automated server which can run PBEM games by itself, and I'd be very happy for it to run other people's games as well - you can still administer the game through the website]

I've written a program called the LlamaServer, which is designed to automate PBEM games.

Basically it checks its e-mail every five minutes. If it has received an e-mail, it checks if any of the attachments are 2h files. If they are, it downloads them and gets Dominions to verify them, which also gives information on what game they're for. It then copies them to the correct directory, and records that that player's submitted their turn. It also sends a confirmation e-mail back to the player (and if there are any problems it sends an error message back explaining the problem). It also hosts automatically and sends out the files itself.

It has a status webpage - www.llamaserver.net - please take a look. Each game also has an "admin options" page - this allows you to do all the normal adminy things like postponing hostings, change the hosting interval and so on.

Anyway, the thing has a pretty big capacity I think, so I'd be more than happy to have it run other people's games. It would be nice if it saved people some time. All I need is the ftherlnd file and a list of players and e-mail addresses. You can still run the game yourself as the game admin.

Cheers,

llamabeast
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old July 21st, 2007, 12:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM hosts - LlamaServer can automate your gam

Excellent work LlamaBeast
Are you listed in the stickied server post?
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)