Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 18th, 2015, 01:39 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: My case for can Venezuela get in before 2020?

Just easier to do this in this manner, I thought Don had responded but I was mistaken though, in the first reply I see why he wouldn't have. Venezuela is to this day still building up it's military with strong ties with Russia. This caused the build up and modernization of Brazil's military also ongoing. As you'll see Singapore is mentioned from a prior "movement" a couple years before this thread in 2009. I was quite frankly surprised to see a new OOB myself let alone Georgia. But under the current situation I can see but it would be more "isolated" than the Ukraine and I fear if he moved there except some posturing Russia wouldn't be stopped though it might open the door to militarily supply the Ukraine. I had more recently suggested an "overflow" OOB to accommodate the top five or six OOB's in maintaining equipment we will likely see before games end. We'll see what happens.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 18th, 2015, 02:30 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My case for can Venezuela get in before 2020?

I think the answer is pretty plain HERE

I do think that there is room for a player created MOD OOB for Venuzuela, Oman, Columbia and perhaps a handful of other minor powers.

I would ask for easier modding of the picklists rather than new "official" OOBs

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old April 19th, 2015, 01:05 AM

Lieutenant General

Trust me I can read and understand your issue but, I would also suggest that in 2021 when theoretically the last Patch(s) get entered, a couple of those R&D OOB's probably would no longer be needed(?) at that point. However I don't see it. But I certainly would know exactly where I would go too get that equipment data for any such project for any country in the world should it be needed. But for now I'm just thankful for the Patch we just got, it was a gift and like any gift I receive I'm very appreciative for it. So Andy and Don a belated THANK YOU is in order from me.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old May 6th, 2016, 09:22 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Very early alpha of a slightly modified GREEN OOB to add some Venezulan units from their recent military buildup.

Venezulan units start in Slot 632

Venezulan weapons added to make this work have a * added to the end, e.g.
9M38 Buk* to help identify them in the OBAT.

Venezulan formations start at Slot 407

BONUS: Flag graphics in BMP format if you want to mess with SHPs and make the GREEN flag become Venezulan.

This is a very early alpha, hence the v0.1 Alpha in the ZIP title.

Sampling of new units:

AMX-30V (Venezulan Upgrade in 1989 that added laser rangefinding and a better computer.)

AMX-13-C.90 (Venezulan Upgrade in 1991 that added laser rangefinding, better transmission, engine, etc).

Scorpion 90* (The Venezulan version of the Scorpion 90 that they bought had a laser rangefinder.)

T-72B1V (I grabbed the Georgian Unit 024 - T-72Sim-1 and made it into this to represent the Venezulan tanks).

K-8W Karakorum. Hawk-like trainer that's being produced by China/Pakistan.

VN-16 Lt. Tank (Copy of Chinese OBAT unit 739 ZBD-2000, as this is the export version of it).

VN-18 IFV (Copy of Chinese OBAT unit 740 ZBD-04 IFV, as this is the Export version of it. I removed the HJ-73C since I was doing quick and dirty copy-overs and I wasn't sure how it was mounted - may put it back).

VN-1 APC (Copy of French OBAT unit 096 VBCI, but with the stats degraded downward somewhat; i.e. less protection and no MRAP status, and using a 30mm autocannon instead of 25mm. This is a very new Chinese 8x8 APC that's being offered for export and I think being sold to the PLA(N) as well.)

You may fire at will, FASTBOAT TOUGH.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Venezuela_WinMBT10_v0-1Alpha.zip (274.5 KB, 210 views)
Old May 7th, 2016, 03:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Now we need Colombian OOB as opponent right?
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:59 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Pre-Post: Thanks Don/Andy for moving this to the TO&E page. Appreciate it.

Warhero, here's an upgraded version of the OOB. Call it v0.15 Alpha with new Colombian units beginning at slot 700.

Some notes for those wanting to design a CURRENT scenario with Colombian Units -- numbers are taken from Wikipedia so they're only good for the last few years.

Colombia:

180 x EE-9 IV Armored Cars
800 x Humvees (with TOWs in some)
130 x M113
100 x EE-11 Urutu
67 x M1117 ASV (added in this OBAT from USA)
56 x LAV III Gladiad (added in this OBAT from CANADA)-- will replace M113 and EE-11. Has RWS and double V Blast hull (MRAP class).

21 x Mi-17
64+ x UH-1
54+ x UH-60/S-70
7 x A-37B Dragonfly
20 x IAI Kfir
24 EMB 314 A-29 Super Tucano (added in this OBAT from Brazil)

4 x Almirante Padilla frigates with a 76mm OTO Melara naval gun. Use 3 Inch Naval Gun in OOB to represent this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Colombia_Venezula_OBAT_v0-15Alpha.zip (17.6 KB, 229 views)
Old May 8th, 2016, 12:39 AM

Lieutenant General

This might be useful...

1) Know your enemy and this one's been around since 1962/64...
https://web.stanford.edu/group/mappi...groups/view/89

2) Some equipment help...
http://www.armyrecognition.com/colom...elligence.html
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...ization-05273/
http://defence-blog.com/army/new-arm...bian-army.html

I would recommend SIPRI if for no other reason than to "bounce" some of this off from. I've personally have found them to be very accurate in their data reporting if you take the time to read where it all comes from.

3) If your Spanish is good or you use Google (I'm a Mozilla Firefox guy, no translator that I'm aware of.) this should help a great deal...
https://www.mindefensa.gov.co/irj/portal/Mindefensa

Don't forget to call/or think about Mom today!

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2016, 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Thanks about units. Maybe someday there will be "complete" OOBs for both nations? Btw, some years ago I saw TV news about Colombian guerilla war (against FARC if I remember right?) and I saw some tank which seemed to be T-55 or 72 at first glance. So I'm amazed that list included not any "heavy" tanks at all... Just light types.

Warhero
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:30 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Currently investigating mexico for my next addition to GREEN. Did you know the 12th Cavalry Regiment (Mexican) in Chiapas had M8 SP Guns, M8 Greyhounds, M3A1 and M5A1 light tanks until 1994 in active duty?

They were posted there for two reasons (anti rebel duty) and to deter Guatemala from invading Chiapas -- as the two nations have a longstanding border dispute there.

EDIT I: This is so awesome -- modern-ish armored car hull with 1943 era M8 SPH turret (DN-V Buffalo - see image)

EDIT II: Looks like there's a connection between Mexico and Ireland -- Mexico contracted for a variant of the Timoney APC to be built in Mexico as the BDX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DN-V_Buffalo.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	14261  

Last edited by MarkSheppard; May 9th, 2016 at 07:53 PM..
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Columbia doesn't have any heavy armor which was why Israel was hoping (Twice) to have made a deal for Columbia to have been it's first export customer for the MERKAVA IV MBT. Columbia was accessing the need for a MBT but, nothing has been reported on it's outcome now for almost 2yrs. now. The negotiations with Israel at best are on hold if not cancelled. This is in the MBT Thread. Alright I'll save you the trouble to include the posturing oldest to newest...
http://www.antiwar.com/jamail/?articleid=3594

From below ref. 2..."In 2009, the Colombian Army expressed its interest to buy Arjun to fulfil its immediate requirement of 10 tanks and further requirement of 100 tanks over five years." -

DOA then & NOW

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/arjun-mbt/
http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives...ges-to-bogota/
http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/co...tanks-colombia

Their best "armor" came from Canada in 2014 in the form of the PIRANHA III/in the STRYKER configuration designated GUARDIAN (If memory serves.) in Columbia.

I'm not going to provide a geography lesson here when anything I've read on the terrain in Columbia matches what I've read in ref. 3 above. That's at least part of the answer, the other is more diplomatic the U.S.(A) is there. Makes a wonderful jungle warfare training area for us.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 9th, 2016 at 09:04 PM..