Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:50 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about infantry assaulting tanks

LOL! Thanks for all the stories. I never thought that there were soo many ways to kill a tank. Well, taking the minimum COAX depression thing into account, it makes sense that infantry should be able to get close enough to a tank.
Old February 24th, 2006, 03:45 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

I think it's more a case of the tank not spotting the infantry, more than not being able to engage them. Becuase the tank has this thing called "an Engine" which most TC's will use if they're about to get swarmed.

Oh and for the ultimate Steel panthers assault, I once had an Ot-34, with a squad of tank riders on it driving through a town. When it was assaulted by a German sniper. Lucky so and so destroyed the tank.
Old February 24th, 2006, 06:13 AM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road

This is all great info! Mustang, you should watch a movie called "The Beast". It's a great example of how vulnerable an isolated tank can be. It takes place in Afganistan during the Soviet-Afgan war. Great movie.
Old February 24th, 2006, 04:23 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road

I never heard of it before. I'll look for it, sounds like an interesting movie.

As for Listy, I've found that ANY unit with good enough morale can assault a tank. One time a tank crew armed only with pistols killed one of my light tanks. The game engine can't represent any odds lower than 1%, so there's ALWAYS a one in a hundred chance that even your heaviest tank will get knocked out.

I'm sure that we all have a tank-assault story. Here are two of mine:

One time, during the 1973 war, a Syrian T-62 drove up to an isolated Isreali medical outpost (a few men and an APC). According to the story, one of the Isrealis standing on top of the APC pretended to surrender until the tank got about 10 meters away, then grabbed his Uzi, gunned down the tank commander, threw a grenade into the hatch and jumped down off the APC to find cover. The tank's turret crew died apparently, so the driver panicked and drove off. The Isreali grabbed another grenade and ran after the T-62 as it fled. And I thought that that only happened in James Bond movies.

The other story takes place in the 1991 Gulf War. On the first day of the ground war a tank company commander is riding in his Abrams through an Iraqi infantry line. All of the sudden one of his Bradleys opens up on him with 25mm! He didn't have time to find out what was happening until after the battle was over. He got up to scold the Bradely crew only to hear that several Iraqi soldiers had climbed on top of his tank during the battle. So I guess where there's a will there's a way, even with Abrams.