.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 12th, 2018, 06:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Return of the Ottomans

Scenario 7: Romanian Block

In this scenario, I have an understrength Turkish mechanized infantry battalion trying to open the mountain passes in the Bulgarian-Turkish border that have being blocked by Romanian mountain troops airlifted to the area. As always, I have to be methodical about this, since not taking casualties is very important. The map of the battlefield is the following:

The report of the battle is:
The first Turkish unit that appeared on the map was a single mechanized platoon, shown at position (1). This unit advanced to secure the crossroads at (2). There it was engaged by a Romanian mountain infantry platoon. After heavy fighting, in which a pair of SU-25s appeared to support the Romanian platoon, both opponents had their respective units mutually eliminated.

At around turn 4, the rest of the battalion started to appear north of location (3). Turkish units advanced up to the beginning of the woods at (4), where the lead elements came under intense rifle, MG and recoilless rifle fire from Romanian units, arranged in an L shaped ambush formation as shown in a blue line. 3 APCs were destroyed, and 2 rifle squads became combat ineffective. Eventually, thanks to skillful use of smoke, APC fire and close assault by the infantry, Turks managed to clear the northern edge of the wood at (5). Mortar fire, dismounts drawing enemy fire and intense APC fire helped suppress the Romanians at the southern edge of the L. The SU-25s continue to interdict my units up until turn 15, destroying 4 APCs in total.

Turks managed to break through at (5), as well as through the road at (6). Mutual support between dismounted infantry and APCs helped keep casualties to a minimum, but still I lose one APC and several infantrymen. Fighting happens at 200 meters at most and this is inevitable. Eventually, I manage to neutralize the resistance around the road and several APCs dash forward to secure the road at (7). At (8) is the maximum extent of my advance when the time ends. Result is:

Turks managed to clear most of the road, but with heavy casualties for both sides. End result is a draw.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: