.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Souls of Shiar, Shards of a dead world - a nation for dominions and dominions 3K

A couple of questions:

1) Why the Star of David for a symbol? Or does it have some other meaning I don't know?

2) One thing bothers me here: the freespawn the commanders produce. They are of a type that needs support.
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Souls of Shiar, Shards of a dead world - a nation for dominions and dominions 3K

I liked a black star thingie, first I wanted some 3 pointed thingie or swirl thingie but it wasn't as easy to find one (since those I had have white background and fading grey edges) then I saw this one and it had no background and no wavering edges so I used this one. No special meaning or something. It's black and a star and seems to fit the nation.

I do hope noone (jews in particular) see stuff used in this game as a problem. In any case this is not an evil nation, more a "good" sort of nation even though undead so there really is no need be insulted or anything. It also doesn't mean I'm pro-Israel or something for the palestinians out there btw since while I have nothing against jews I don't support the behaviour of Israel personally. No need for replies on this btw, this is my personaly opinion and will not very likely be changed by discussion on this forum. plz help me balance my mod further.

Ehm what do you mean by "they are a type that needs support" and what is the problem with that? In the newest version (uplaoded yesterday) I've drastically reduced freespawn btw.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:46 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
Ehm what do you mean by "they are a type that needs support" and what is the problem with that? In the newest version (uplaoded yesterday) I've drastically reduced freespawn btw.
The freespawn causes the upkeep costs to keep going up and up and up even without any recruiting.
Old January 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

ah well... they aren't immortal so you can just send them of to die and in the newer version you only get very few of them.

but thanks for the tip about it if it keeps being a major problem I'll remove it.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.